Songs of Araiah [Remake]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

Re: Songs of Araiah [Remake]

#31 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

@DrakeNavarone: I will buy this game, but because I strongly mistrust electronic money, at due time we will look on how to send the payment, but what really worried me is that a customer feels entitled to ask questions on tiny details of the background, and I can't say where can led the dictum "the customer is always right" (I still remember the absurd debate here back then....)

@everyone else: I'm convinced that DN is a serious guy, not inclined to exploit his works, and I agree that there's surprising little varietes in depicting interior of mansions (I not only have a good understanding of architecture, but also *I* actually live in a mansion...) and it's a true case of "rensemblance to living or dead people is purely coincidental" ;) (the stock movie disclaimer, for whose don't get the tiny pun)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#32 Post by Wright1000 »

Besides the art, music and sprites, if there is something new in the story too, I may decide to buy it.
Coz the original game was nice.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#33 Post by DrakeNavarone »

For all interested, the Songs of Araiah remake has been released for Windows and iPad so far, with more platforms to come.

More information can be found at vnovel.info

I think enough has already been said, so I won't be giving a sales pitch. I'm just trying to make this beautiful remaster available. I also don't think it requires a new thread in the Completed Games forums. No sense in cluttering up the place any more with this, after all.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#34 Post by Wright1000 »

But there is no demo.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#35 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Nor was there one promised. Go download the original game.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Wright1000 »

I already played the original one.
What I meant was- before I buy a game, I should know whether the game will be worth my money or not.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#37 Post by Crocosquirrel »

There's a reason it's a remake... If you liked the original game, a polish and etc is easy to have a look at in screenshots, and you already have an idea of how it'll play. See? All set.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

DrakeNavarone
Veteran

#38 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Araiah is now available on all platforms that vNovel supports: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Windows, Mac, and Google Chrome.

They have also posted a free-to-play web browser version on their website!

Please visit http://vnovel.info for all the details.
The Compendium of Drake:

applegirl
Veteran

#39 Post by applegirl »

I played the web version, which worked well as a demo. But it felt like the only thing changed was the improved background. Is there more in the story or gameplay? It seemed to me like it was just the same as the original free version, except for the better background.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#40 Post by Fawn »

Also, it seems that you used TAM music for the commercial release... did you get a licence from them? From what I've seen on the translation you have to pay them a fee to use their music commercially.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Wright1000 »

First, I thought that there would be addition to the story. I thought that there would be original music. But it's not what I expected. That's why I think buying this game will be only a waste of money(at least for me). And since this game has been completed, it should be removed from the WIP section.

Mirage
Veteran

#42 Post by Mirage »

vnovel wrote: The game will feature:
  • A revised story and dialogue
  • All new background art
  • New character sprites
  • Upgraded and extra visual effects
  • Additional sound effects
  • Original soundtrack
  • Higher resolution display
Tried the demo. Aside from a few backgrounds update, I really don't see any of the stuff promised on the list above. o_o''' Where's the new sprites, original soundtracks and revised story and dialogue? And not all the backgrounds are new, there are a handful of the old backgrounds. Not to mention the lack of the original opening which I rather fond of. I'm actually one of the few who look forward to the remake, but this...I just can't approve. It's not an upgrade nor a remake, it's just a port. .___.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#43 Post by Enerccio »

I believe that "original soundtrack" is in the meaning of "the original soundtrack of the game". As for the sprites, there are new sprites. Perhaps not in the demo, but there are.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

DrakeNavarone
Veteran

#44 Post by DrakeNavarone »

A good number of the sprites were redone. There were some that were just corrections that look similar but improved upon versions of those in the original, while there are some that take the sprite emotion down a new avenue. Full disclosure, not EVERY sprite was redone, though.

The art is the improvement to note here. The story has been edited on a surface level, but it's mostly rephrasings instead of new content. I know everyone wanted more story, and they wanted it when I released the original, but I really don't have anything to add in that regard. The story is over as far as I'm concerned. However, there was a bit of rushing done on the art in the last hours, so of course that is what would see the focus of improvement for the remake.

If you aren't interested in buying it, then feel free to just keep the free version bookmarked in case you wanna give it a spin down the road. It's posted here in case anyone is interested in the remake, since I know there are Araiah fans in these forums, but really for me, the remake is for testing the waters outside of LSF to see how interest in my work stretches beyond the audience I know exists.
The Compendium of Drake:

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#45 Post by DragoonHP »

WOW!!!! A remake of Songs of Ariah... I'm going to check it out... right now...