Twilight Visual Novel?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
bellice
Veteran

Re: Twilight Visual Novel?

#16 Post by bellice »

DarkSpartan wrote:
bellice wrote:...Or maybe this is just an excuse to ship the hell out of this and actually fit all the pairings I find interesting into one project. (I actually have half a mind to make the Edward route lead into a bad end no matter what you choose :lol: )
You mean the ending where Eddie eats Bella at the first opportunity? I like that thought. If you really *must* do this thing, how about doing it a bit differently: Create a new MC to go wandering around some other town, say Port Angeles or Sekiu, or Sequim. All of these are close enough to Forks to share news.

Now, have Belward go on a tear through town, and deal with the aftermath.

Or, if you must use Forks, start with your MC transferring in from Seattle (close enough to retreat to at the end of the game), and watch events from that person's PoV. Whatever you do, don't use the same PoV as Sephenie did. You're only inviting problems.

And if she does decide to chase the sparklies, have Bella rip her hair out right before he tries to eat the MC's face.

Although if you can write a Male MC, there are eligible female sparklies that can be chased.
Really, Edward may not even be an option at all (how about: if she decides to stay with him instead of going after the more sane options i.e. Mike, she ends up as a homicidal vampire being controlled by her bloodlust and kills her own family. Ooh, the possibilities...) . And as far as female sparklies go...*pointstonickname* I'm a femslash shipper at heart. So obviously Alice, Rosalie and Leah were going to be an option. :twisted:

Oh, I don't even know anymore.

AriaRules!
Regular
Projects: High School, for the Supernatural!
Organization: AriaGames

#17 Post by AriaRules! »

I think Fatal Hearts, tops a Twilight Visual Novel any day.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#18 Post by Mink »

I think pretty much anything can top Twilight. For example, I absolutely loooathe The Golden Compass. I can read any Harry Potter book in a few/couple of hours, but it took me over a month to suffer through The Golden Compass.

I'd rather read The Golden Compass than Twilight.

That being said, I'd read a version of Twilight that shows the characters for what they are: Edward an obsessive, abusive stalker and borderline pedophile, Bella a shallow, whiny, selfish, self-entitled little brat who needs to get some perspective in life, etc. And let's not forget all the unfortunate implications of the book.

^I'd read the hell out of that. Would probably only work from someone else's perspective, though.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#19 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Bella and Edward's PoVs are so done and over with.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#20 Post by Mink »

I don't know, I think I'd go for a version where it's in Bella's POV, but it's clearly someone who's descending into madness. Though arguably that's how Smeyer's reads. HIYOOO!
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#21 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Stephylococcus does read that way, and she started rewriting the series from Eddie's PoV until someone leaked a chunk of the book in question.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I go with everyone else... basically, I never read the book cause I was COMPLETELY disappointed, irritated anything negative emotion i can have for the twilight movie when i saw it... sure, I LOVE vampires... immortality and angst go all the way! But twilight didn't give me that, first of all, it was too cheesy that it took me few days to finish the movie itself(when i explodes out of irritation, pause it then watch it tomorrow when i cool down).

Apparently, anything associated with Twilight would already make me step back and ignore it...(i go along with Maimai's post).
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LadyAvori
Regular

#23 Post by LadyAvori »

The Twilight association with this thread was keeping me at bay for almost a week until I told myself it was just a question and not an actual WIP yet. If that gives you any indication of how badly the people who don't like Twilight...really don't like Twilight.

Anyway, If YOU really want to make a Twilight related VN then go for it. You can't do any worse than what's already been done.

However, I would be more interested in an "Original" supernatural romance. I actually don't read any VN that are derivatives from anime, manga, books or shows. For example there is a Howl's Moving Castle VN in WIP section. I love Howl's moving castle but have no desire to play the VN. (No offense to the person making it. I just prefer original story and characters.) Which is why I'm not big on fanfiction either.

But make the VN that YOU want to make, because, no matter what, if you like the idea there is bound to be a group of people who like it as well.

Veniae
Veteran

#24 Post by Veniae »

I would play it. I'm all for new perspectives and such and if you're keeping it loosely based on the... thing, it might be interesting. So yeah, do what you feel like, I'll be rooting for you. xD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#25 Post by azureXtwilight »

Err. Not really.

Unless you made it a parody or Leah's POV XD She's the only one I can stand and I wish she just run away from everything and be a badass vampire slayer.

Veniae
Veteran

#26 Post by Veniae »

azureXtwilight wrote:If she just ran away from everything and became a badass vampire slayer.
THIS. I would love something like it. :D

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#27 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I would fully support it. I'd like to step in Bella's shoes to see if I would manage her life and relationships better (not that I am an expert at that, either). For example, I would treat Jacob and Charlie better.
And yes, let it be more interactive than Dusk. Playing that didn't make me feel like I really influence the plot. I don't like these click-and-read-but-no-decisions things.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#28 Post by Vatina »

Do you own vampire story. Make your own characters that you can fall in love with and have a blast writing without anyone telling you that you got them all wrong. Live FREE *dramatic music*.

The Twilight world is mostly just the regular "real world with a shadowy side" that you can use all you want without ever having to put someone else' label on it anyway.

rainbowcascade
Regular

#29 Post by rainbowcascade »

Just do it. Just make the game you want.

I'm on the same page as you Bellice, I love Twilight's universe and set up but everything else in that series is a disaster (except for Leah Clearwater. She's the best!). So go for it! Do it as a step towards becoming a better VN developer, do it to get some practice in as a writer, do it as a lesson in dealing with criticism (which is happening right now!) Just do it!

P.S - "The Edge" by Fembuck is one of my favorite slash fics. :wink:

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#30 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I read an interesting article about the novel itself being practically an rpg, too.