Toy Box (Hiatus until Next Year D:)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Re: Toy Box

#16 Post by Blane Doyle »

I have no idea what this could be but.... I WANT TO PLAY IT. This is certainly unique!

Mocha07734
Regular
Projects: Toy Box

#17 Post by Mocha07734 »

mysterialize wrote:I really hope the novel itself lives up to the design quality.
I hope so as well.
Although my writing skills aren't exactly amazing, I shall still try as hard as I can to. QwQ
I'll probably abuse the proof readers and beta testers when I finally get around to finishing the script or releasing or demo... or something like that... o____e

*Update*
All sprites are nearly done.
Now off to do the script and coding...
Here are just some sketches of what I'm planning for the dialog and exit box to look like.
Quit Menu<br />Warning, Large File Image
Quit Menu
Warning, Large File Image
Dialog Box
Dialog Box
The only real problem I think I'll end up having with the exit box is I sort of want the exit box to randomly choose one of the images when you go onto it. I'll also have quite a bit of trouble with just getting the dialog and exit box to replace the default ones... *to the internet! or the wonderful community of lemmasoft if all else fails. >_<;

polkapink

#18 Post by polkapink »

Absolutely loving your character designs! Good luck on your project! I am so following this VN!! :D

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#19 Post by Alera »

This is so...adorable!!! >w< Totally can't wait for it!!! Keep it up!
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#20 Post by GeneDNC »

The art for this is really fantastic and unique. Good luck finishing, I will be looking forward to it.

About editing the text box etc. check out these wonderful tutorials by Aleema, if you haven't already:
Customizing the Textbox
Customizing Menus
Make sure to also browse the comments since sometimes people ask questions that you may also be wondering about.

Mocha07734
Regular

#21 Post by Mocha07734 »

GeneDNC wrote:About editing the text box etc. check out these wonderful tutorials by Aleema, if you haven't already:
Customizing the Textbox
Customizing Menus
Make sure to also browse the comments since sometimes people ask questions that you may also be wondering about.
!!!!
Thank you so much!!! QAQ!

*Update-ish*
Replaced the strange sprite expression set thingy with a stranger introductory comic thing in the first post.
I might colour it when I find the time after scripting Button's story. >_<
Finished colouring the basic parts... Might colour the backgrounds and speech bubbles... When I can be bothered.
Also fixed up some of the horribly horrible English mistakes.

Edit
*Update*
I've basically finished Buttons' story.
It has...

Code: Select all

The game contains 104 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 656 words,
for an average of 6.3 words per screen.
The game contains 1 menus.
What did I tell you... The stories are going to be short.
Due to the fact that this project is used to experiment with renpy and to get used to it.

But it is a reasonable length if you think about it I guess. There will be up to ten stories.
Buttons' is the shortest story since he is mainly used as a means to kick start the sequence of events that tell all ten of the stories. So each story (except for Buttons' and the last one, the owner of these toys. The last story from the owner's perspective will also be just as short as Buttons' since it is basically wrapping things up.) will be roughly 1000 words each.
So in total the VN will have roughly 9200 words... That is if I don't slack. :T

I'm going to try and work on the interface now so I can release a demo ASAP with only Buttons' story...[/s]
I've changed the story a bit so there is a lot more in it. Definetly a lot more words... The brief summary of Button's good path alone is already 971 words.
So that's not including the other toys' stories, the bad paths, conversations and interactions between the toys and all the other details. :I
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mocha07734
Regular

#22 Post by Mocha07734 »

*Update* (I also need some help >_<;)

Here is what I got so far with the interfacing...
(Yes, I should probably start working on those backgrounds...)
Also the sequence of events for each of the stories has now been completely planned out.

I also have a few questions.
How do I make it that Buttons' sprite thing in the corner shows even when others are speaking?
How do I hide the dialogue box?
How do I make the text appear one letter at a time while making noise to match as the letters appear? e.g. How Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing characters speak.
How do I customize the Pref, Load, Save and Fastforward buttons on the dialogue box? I already know how to get the buttons, but I don't know how to customize them to be the images I want them to be. I've also found out there is a way using image maps but it sort of confuses me... I'll try to work it out but i'm really lost on this one. QAQ

Solved. :D

If I keep going at this speed I might have the demo featuring Buttons' story out within two weeks... or at the end of the week if I get enough free time to work on this.
Thanks in advance. >w<

*edit*
Story has been changed a bit so I won't be releasing a demo for a while. <_<;
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Veniae
Veteran

#23 Post by Veniae »

Oh wow. I love the textbox. And I am really interested in the game so far, it sounds different. I'll be keeping an eye on it (:

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#24 Post by Cidz »

Mocha07734 wrote:
Cidz wrote:awww those toys are adorable i want ones like those now haha. This seems like a cute idea. I like stories that go through different POVs and stories ill keep my eye on this periodically <3
The toys are actually based off of the ones I made for myself.
I also love different POV stories. That's why I decided to do this. >w<
oh cuutee! did you give your toys the personalities they have in the game as well? i know this seems silly but i have alot of stuffed animals that i like to give personalities and names too lol.

i like the little sketch intro you did! thats so cute! i really look forward to this ~

Mocha07734
Regular

#25 Post by Mocha07734 »

Cidz wrote:oh cuutee! did you give your toys the personalities they have in the game as well? i know this seems silly but i have alot of stuffed animals that i like to give personalities and names too lol.

i like the little sketch intro you did! thats so cute! i really look forward to this ~
Yep! ^w^
I've always had a tendency to give all the toys I have a personality, and maybe a backstory if I really like them.
It's just so much fun. >w<

And thank you very much. :)

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#26 Post by Cidz »

Mocha07734 wrote:Yep! ^w^
I've always had a tendency to give all the toys I have a personality, and maybe a backstory if I really like them.
It's just so much fun. >w<

And thank you very much. :)
me too! this makes me feel less wierd XD my boyfriend and I even sometimes gives them likes and dislikes >_>

Mocha07734
Regular

#27 Post by Mocha07734 »

Cidz wrote:me too! this makes me feel less wierd XD my boyfriend and I even sometimes gives them likes and dislikes >_>
Awesome. Yeah, i do that as well... It's... It's just so much fun! QAQ!

*Update*
Waaah~
I'm nearly done putting in all the sprites for Buttons' story. Now I just have to get those ingame buttons working and costumize the menus...
Also here are the dialogue boxes for all of the toys. :)
First person who can guess which dialogue box is for which toy gets a prize of some sort. I'll think about what the prize is later...
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#28 Post by Mickychi »

First box is BunBun
second is Buttons
third is Cocoa
fourth is Krawrk
fifth is Lex
sixth is Rep
seventh is Rob
eight is Stitch
nineth is Zipper

Is that right? Oh and they all look really good!
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Mocha07734
Regular

#29 Post by Mocha07734 »

Holy Fudge Cakes!
That was fast, and yes you are absolutely correct! >w<;
Hmmm. I still have yet to think of a prize... o___e;

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#30 Post by Mickychi »

Lol I just got on at the correct time I suppose and for the prize I'll pm you later in reply to your one you sent me.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!