(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Shioriemei
Regular
Completed: Pink Carnations (GXB Otome)

Re: (P)lanets!

#151 Post by Shioriemei »

Veniae wrote:
Shioriemei wrote:
and marin's excuse was hilarious!!! when she said she wanna look at his thing i was like o_o *headdesk* MARIN WTF ARE U SAYING XDDDD
That. Made me laugh so hard. I think it was one of the most hilarious moments.
LOL ikr and remember
haru's strip moment xDDD lucan was like "OMG forbidden things~" and i wuz like "duude cant u see haru is a guy o3o "

Veniae
Veteran

#152 Post by Veniae »

Shioriemei wrote:LOL ikr and remember
haru's strip moment xDDD lucan was like "OMG forbidden things~" and i wuz like "duude cant u see haru is a guy o3o "
Hahah, yeah. I was like
Dude, he isn't going to take his skirt off now, right? o.0

Shioriemei
Regular

#153 Post by Shioriemei »

Veniae wrote:
Shioriemei wrote:LOL ikr and remember
Hahah, yeah. I was like
Dude, he isn't going to take his skirt off now, right? o.0
just finished ryuu's path
i wuz like RYU U PERVERT!!! TAKING OFF CLOTHS LIKE THAT ISH NOT OK O_O

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#154 Post by teacup »

Thanks for your comments and input, everyone :D I take it all in consideration for my next game.
@Shioriemei, Veniae
I am happy to hear that you enjoy my attempt at humor!! XD
NekoNiss wrote:Do you think you could give the link to the mirror downloads? the medaifire one won't work for me and i wanna play this reaaaalllly bad >.<
Sure, I'll upload to megaupload when I have a chance (though I currently don't have my laptop, so it will probably be tomorrow)
hyeonie wrote:I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Finding font: ('DejaVuSans.ttf', 14, False, False, False)
File "game/script.rpy", line 5604, in script
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'sysfont'
That's really weird... I'm not sure how to fix that so this is just a guess, but maybe if you put the DejaVuSans font in the game folder it would fix it? (see attachment)
Attachments

[The extension ttf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Eulu

#155 Post by Eulu »

I have a question, if you don't mind?

I'm a little confused about how many endings there are; I know the first post says five, but uh..
Well, I played Kaius and Ryuu's paths and ended up getting what I thought was their best (and only) endings.
Then, playing Lucan's path, I got both a bad ending and a perfect ending. I'm assuming that means I previously got Ryuu and Kaius' normal endings?

Does that mean there are three endings for each path, or what? Haha, please and thanks for any answer. :)

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#156 Post by TakeOverWorld »

Eulu wrote:I'm a little confused about how many endings there are; I know the first post says five, but uh..
One of the endings is with Haruhi, btw.

So about the game, I think most of what I would say has been said, but I'd like to say I enjoyed the game and found parts quite funny. :) Ooh, and nice art!

Above anything though, the only bit I was really like... what? was
her parents being so mean. For, like no apparent reason. Then her mum was all nice at the end, and Marin didn't think anything of it.
Anyways, I look forward to whatever you do next. :D

Eulu

#157 Post by Eulu »

TakeOverWorld wrote:
Eulu wrote:I'm a little confused about how many endings there are; I know the first post says five, but uh..
One of the endings is with Haruhi, btw.
I'm aware; that, however, makes six endings accounted for that I've so far gotten, as opposed to the mentioned five, haha. (Lucan's Bad/Perfect/Normal, Kaius' Normal, Ryuu's Normal and Haruhi's whatever--haven't gotten it yet.)

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#158 Post by Stripe »

I think the normal and perfect endings are counted as the same, since the only difference is the epilogue? (forgive me if I'm wrong XD)

Shioriemei
Regular

#159 Post by Shioriemei »

How do i get haru's ending D: i wanna see his guy look *A*

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#160 Post by teacup »

Well, I played Kaius and Ryuu's paths and ended up getting what I thought was their best (and only
Ris wrote:I think the normal and perfect endings are counted as the same, since the only difference is the epilogue? (forgive me if I'm wrong XD)
Ris is right, so there's...
Ryuu Ending
Kaius Ending
Lucan Ending
Lucan Bad Ending
Haruhi's Ending
The first three have epilogues only if you see all of their 'special scenes', but I counted it as just one ending since the epilogue is the only different. Sorry if I made it confusing!

@TakeOverWorld
Thank you for playing :)
Ahh yeah, Marin's parents are confusing a lot of people, maybe I didn't think it over very well. -sigh-

@Shioriemei
You have to be on Kaius' route. When Oginuma-sensei asks if you'll get close to Kaius, say 'I have someone else in mind'. You should get Haruhi's ending then. ^^

missdeathdaisy

#161 Post by missdeathdaisy »

teacup wrote: @Shioriemei
You have to be on Kaius' route. When Oginuma-sensei asks if you'll get close to Kaius, say 'I have someone else in mind'. You should get Haruhi's ending then. ^^
Erm, when I did that I got an error for the ending... which probably shouldn't happen... But I did finish Kaius' route. It was awesome. ;D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#162 Post by azureXtwilight »

Eh, methinks Haruhi is canon since
he tells marin that he thinks lovers are stars and everything about stars...
And what do I see in the entire game?

STARS.

Eulu

#163 Post by Eulu »

teacup wrote:Ris is right, so there's...
Ryuu Ending
Kaius Ending
Lucan Ending
Lucan Bad Ending
Haruhi's Ending
The first three have epilogues only if you see all of their 'special scenes', but I counted it as just one ending since the epilogue is the only different. Sorry if I made it confusing!

Ahh, so is Lucan the only one with a bad ending?
And it's fine; I'm just a completionist, lol. :P

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#164 Post by teacup »

missdeathdaisy wrote:
teacup wrote: @Shioriemei
Erm, when I did that I got an error for the ending... which probably shouldn't happen... But I did finish Kaius' route. It was awesome. ;D
Post your error report please :C

@azureXtwilight
You might be on to something there~ 8D
Finally someone pointed that out, heh
@Eulu
Yes, he's the only one :)

Eulu

#165 Post by Eulu »

teacup wrote:@Eulu
Yes, he's the only one :)
Awrighty, awesome. That means I've totally completed everything then, lol B] /accomplished>

In which case, I'll leave you with my thoughts?
I didn't have the time to play the game much when I first downloaded it. I think when you first posted it here, I got just a bit into the intro before having to stop for awhile (Pre-Planets, I think everyone's been referring to it as?) and I was feeling a little iffy on it after the parent's introduction, which had left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth (mostly from lack of believability). I obviously kept playing however, and I can say that I'm glad I did.
Kaius' path was my favorite; I didn't expect to like his character as much as I did, and I regret playing his path first as I tend to prefer saving the best for last if I can help it.

The other paths were also enjoyable, excluding Haruhi's. Not to say that it WASN'T, but it wasn't nearly as substantial as the other paths and I found myself neither touched nor put off by the time I reached the end of it, simply because I wasn't given enough time to care about Haruhi. Although, I was glad that you explained why he cross-dressed; I already thought Haruhi was obnoxious so the unexplained cross-dressing just bugged me even further. However, the exposition of his past was enough to redeem his character for me and actually gave me a reason to respect to him, as I do know actual people who really have been in a somewhat similar (albeit less dramatic) situation.

Lucan in particular, however, had me kinda like "wait wat" by the time I finished both of his endings, lol. I got his bad ending before his perfect one; seeing them in love and planning their future together in the end has an incredibly ominous undertone to it when you realize that Lucan was just one rejection away from ditching his scruples (after all, he DID say he felt bad about all of the brainwashing) and brainwashing Marin into "falling in love" with him. It's even worse when you think that the only reason why Marin wasn't brainwashed to begin with was because she was ALREADY paying attention and being nice to him so he didn't see a need to. (Meaning, maybe if Marin had ignored him before, he WOULD have brainwashed her)

After I saw the bad ending, I was kinda like "oh shhh--", lmao. Suddenly Lucan did not seem sweet so much as bat-shit insane, and the entire time I was watching that perfect ending epilogue I kinda felt like that one person in a horror movie theatre, yelling at the chick not to go down the hallway because there's a killer inside. I do wonder what Lucan would do if him and Marin had some huge fall out?
Please do not mistake me and take this as one huge negative critique though, lol; I'm incredibly glad I got so much out of playing your game. I love games that make me think and speculate, and (P)lanets unexpectedly did that for me. There were some rough spots;
particularly, the part where Marin whined about how Kaius should take care of her because it's all his fault and blah blah my goodness I wanted to slap her, lol
, but I definitely would say I enjoyed playing the game overall, and I'm certain that I'll be RE-playing it in the future. :)