[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: [WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+p

#166 Post by Camille »

Yes but now that you've said that, if she ends up being important to the plot, it won't be a surprise anymore, lol.

Celestie
Veteran

#167 Post by Celestie »

...D: DAMNIT ;_; Forget whatever I said. ...damnit, too late.

Did you ever estimate how long one entire playthrough of this game will most likely be?
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#168 Post by Camille »

I have no idea since the game's only about 1/3 done and people have different playing speeds. XD; So far this 1/3 of the game takes me about 2 hours to get through if I stop and read everything, so maybe it'll be 6-7 hours total?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#169 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wonder if the game I've played so far is already 1/3? That took around 30-45 minutes for me to read :)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#170 Post by Camille »

If you get past the break-in scene, that's about 1/3, though chapter three's not done yet. Makes me kind of sad if you can get through all that in less than an hour considering it's taken me close to 100 hours to write it so far. T_T

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#171 Post by Aleema »

Camille wrote:If you get past the break-in scene, that's about 1/3, though chapter three's not done yet. Makes me kind of sad if you can get through all that in less than an hour considering it's taken me close to 100 hours to write it so far. T_T
Haha, yeah ... xD It sucks. A good judge of time is to just let a healthy auto-advance forward through everything. People usually don't read every thing in such a meticulous way like that, but if they did that'd be how long. Also, since everything is voiced, "reading" will take as long as it takes the actor to speak.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#172 Post by Camille »

Aleema wrote:Haha, yeah ... xD It sucks. A good judge of time is to just let a healthy auto-advance forward through everything. People usually don't read every thing in such a meticulous way like that, but if they did that'd be how long. Also, since everything is voiced, "reading" will take as long as it takes the actor to speak.
I did that when I was in the middle of chapter two to have a rough timing estimate, but it's been a while since I've done that. I think a little over an hour would be pretty good timing and I'd be satisfied. I always seem to take longer to go through visual novels, personally, because I like to read everything carefully, but I think most people speed through things. D:

I'm counting on the voice acting to help make things a little longer. ;D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#173 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nah, I read fast that's all. I feel the same while writing my own games, and considering it took me a day long to finish a chunks of text and finished testplaying it in a few minutes only.... I feel sad as well XD and really, chapter two is unvoiced whereas I tend to finish the actors reading the lines so it might take longer for me to play the full-voiced version.

Why is writing way longer than reading? *rhetorical* XDD

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#174 Post by Camille »

I've been really uninspired when it comes to MJ for the last week or so, so honestly I haven't written anything, but I have done a lot of planning/outlining. I've also gotten a lot of the voice acting files for chapter two, so hopefully the next alpha release will be pretty big, content-wise, and out before the month ends. XD So then maybe it'll take longer to finish a playthrough, since right now only chapter one is voiced.

Writing/programming takes me way, way longer than it does to test/play. ;__; I wish I could just envision something in my head and a machine could extract it as writing. XD

Version
Regular
Projects: On Hiatus

#175 Post by Version »

Sorry for the late question, but does Charlene's last name have anything to do with the Wars of Roses or was it just a name that came to you when you were writing?
I just learned about it today, and I just had to ask-I'm so nosey. uvu
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#176 Post by Camille »

That's where I got her last name from, yes. (I'm a wannabe European history buff) It doesn't actually have anything to do with the story or anything, though. |Db

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#177 Post by azureXtwilight »

... Is this project dead? ._.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#178 Post by Camille »

From the dev blog last month:
Speaking of MJ, development has honestly slowed down a lot for it, which I didn’t want to admit, but there we are. I’m still writing and working with the voice actors on a daily basis, so it’s not like things have ground to a halt, but there’s been basically no new art-related stuff done since the last time I posted. Airi has been really busy with things, so it can’t really be helped, and you can’t really have a visual novel without visuals, so I’m thinking that our winter 2011 release date was a little too ambitious for our first project. We’re both still interested in Machina Jewel (it’s our baby!), so it will be done (I’ve put way too much time and money into this project for it not to be finished), but I can’t say when exactly it’ll be released, so I hope you all will be patient with us until the end.
So no, not exactly dead, just not being focused on right now for various reasons.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#179 Post by ririruetoo »

Well, I'm really looking forward to this game being released ( I still want to be a beta-tester by the way ^_^) so don't give on it okay? It may take a long time, and of course lots of work, and at some points you may even want to give up. DON'T. Everytime you feel this way, think of your fans who are cheering on this game from the side-lines, or even lurking in the shadows. Wow, I didn't mean to write a pep-talk! (^_^;)
ImageImageImage

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#180 Post by ririruetoo »

Nggh...I guess I just have to be really patient about this game...But thats hard to do! I want to play it now!! Or at least help out in any way I can...
ImageImageImage