The Childhood Nightmare [Supernatural][Indefinate Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

The Childhood Nightmare [Supernatural][Indefinate Hiatus]

#1 Post by HigurashiKira »

ATTENTION: Information on this page is subject to change without notice
Project is currently at a standstill due to personal reasons, will continue when an opportunity presents itself.
Title: The Childhood Nightmare: Song of the Witch of Death and Despair
Genre: Horror, Supernatural
Background:
A forgotten village....
An ancient demon....
A living curse....

Origin
Long ago, the tiny pioneering village of Kaltenburg had been the site of a series of grizzly deaths involving the local children. What first appeared as an accident would soon escalate into a nightmare of which many would never wake from again. The details of the incident are unknown, but what is known is that a week after the murders had started, the villagers simply vanished without a trace.

A Nightmare Reawakened
A bus returning early from a summer camp drives off a cliff, killing half of it's passengers. In the search for temporary shelter, the survivors come across the decrepit village. Now the village's curse rises once again. Will they fall victim to the horrors which consumed the villagers before them, or will they live long enough to be rescued?

Wer wird den wahnsinn überleben, der zu folgen ist?
Who will survive the madness that is to follow?

WORLD
The world in which all living things reside in. Despite popular belief, the world of the living serves as a major boundary between Heaven and Hell. Due to the nature of the human soul, the boundary has weakened over time, some places being closer to Heaven while others being closer to Hell. Kaltenberg, being a place of heavy loss and despair, is a place where the boundaries between the Human World and Hell are tearing; and if tragedy continues to befal the place, it will soon vanish from this world, and become part of Pandæmonium.

The world born from the darkness of the Human World. Pandæmonium is where demons and restless souls reside. Very little is known about this realm, but it is said that those who can sense the dead can enter this world without concequence.

Core Cast
Otto Strauss
Otto is the head of Cabin 4 at Havenwood Summer Camp and has a couple of parapsychological anomalies (clarivoiance and psychometry). Because of these abilities, Otto has had to suffer for his "gifts" and struggles with believing everything he sees. Fortunately, prior to the accident, he had begun to try and control his abilities in the hopes that he can live out as normal a life as possible.

Katharina Lowe
With her brash, yet playful nature, Katharina is perhaps the morale booster of the survivors. Despite coming from a well-off family, Katharina never lets others do anything for her, and prefers things to be direct. She also has an interest in the occult and is trying to become a Wiccan. She used to have trouble being alone, and suffered from Autophobia for a number of years. But since she's met Lou, such instances of panic have become rare.

Dennis Creevy
The head conceler of the camp and a teacher when outside the camp. His manner of acting ressembles that of a stern father. Combine that with Alyssa's gentle persona and it's clear as to why a lot of the camp's children view them as surrogate parents. Despite his aged apperance and his mannerisms, he's neither been a father nor is he as old as he appears, having only recently entered his 30's.

Alyssa Goldman
The camp's second head and a nursery owner outside. Her mannersim is compareable to that of a caring mother. Combine that with Dennis' persona and it's clear as to why a lot of the camp's children view them as surrogate parents. Her soft words tend to soothe those who are agitated, and always tries to look out for the well-being of others.

Anthouny Luz
The newest camp assistant and Otto's closest friend. Otto has confied a lot to him, from his powers to his dreams and nightmares. The relationship they share is very close, and the two always look out for each other. He's generally laid-back and a bit lazy, which might be the reason why he can relate with some of the young boys in the camp. Had a near-death experience prior to their return trip, the details of which are kept between him and Otto.

Lou Volks
Head of the girl's cabin and Katharina's best friend. She first met Katharina after she suffered a panic attack in elementary school. Since Katharina needed someone to be with her, they pick Lou. Since then, their friendship has grown into something unbreakable. She a bit of a kluts, but her joyful nature tends to keep her from feeling down.

Status
Story: "Grausames Ende": 50%, Anthony Path: 0%, Lou Path: 0%, Otto/Katharina Path: 0%
Scripting: 10%
Art: 0%
Music: 0~100%
GUI: 100%

MainMenu:

Game Menu:

Save/Load:
Last edited by HigurashiKira on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 am, edited 34 times in total.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Mordes Stadt [Horror WIP]

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

This is an absolutely kickass German title, literally "city of murder", but written in an almost archaic grammar you'd only find in poetry or very old books. Its implication is "the city owned by murder", as though murder itself was a character in the story. Beautiful, beautiful title!

Only... please accept my help with the subtitle which, at the moment, is mangled German. What you're trying to say is "The childhood nightmare, the spirit of death", right? A correct way to express it would be "Der Kindheitsalptraum, der Geist des Todes" or, in a more archaic way. "Der Kindheit Alptraum, des Todes Geist".
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#3 Post by Aleema »

Less blood and gore = better horror, in my opinion. I love psychological horror (like Paranormal Activity). :)

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#4 Post by Mickychi »

Hmm...... looks interesting
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by HigurashiKira »

Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't think this would garner too much interest.

Well, here's a little something for you guys. It's small but it's still something

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#6 Post by Hayzel »

HigurashiKira wrote:Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't think this would garner too much interest.

Well, here's a little something for you guys. It's small but it's still something

Is that what the girl says in Higabana No Saku Koro Ni?

And it looks interesting XD. You have so many projects XD

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by HigurashiKira »

Hayzel wrote:
HigurashiKira wrote:Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't think this would garner too much interest.

Shoe does? o_o
I only read the first 2 chapters, the teacher freaked me out!

If you break them down into workable parts, it isn't too dificult
~~

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by HigurashiKira »

Bump. Added the main character bios and one of the sprites

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#9 Post by Morhighan »

HigurashiKira wrote:
Hayzel wrote:

Shoe does? o_o
I only read the first 2 chapters, the teacher freaked me out!

If you break them down into workable parts, it isn't too dificult
~~
Yeah, she says something really similar. I can't wait to see your project done. :3

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Mordes Stadt [Horror WIP][Updated 9/12]

#10 Post by HigurashiKira »

=======
Last edited by HigurashiKira on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#11 Post by Aleema »

You know, I'm *more* interested in the story now after having read the flow chart and I wish I could unspoil myself. Hopefully I forget everything by release time.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#12 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

This has promise, nothing like a good horror to get me interested. good luck.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by HigurashiKira »

Bump of the Gods!
Working on a demo that'll (hopefully) be released sometime before Christmas.
Oh, the irony

realaniram
Regular
Projects: Shaeyu jun Ikkshaelun

Re: Mordes Stadt [Horror WIP][Updated 11/11]

#14 Post by realaniram »

I... I want this. I can't read the flow chart, though. I don't want it spoiled. That's half the fun of a good horror story, not knowing what will happen or how.
Shaeyu jun Ikkshaelun-- A work in progress.

Forever Newb

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Mordes Stadt [Horror WIP][Updated 11/11]

#15 Post by HigurashiKira »

A small update:
screenshot0005.png
A roll sheet to keep track of the body count survivors. This won't be a kinetic novel, so this might help. Also, finished writing up the introduction to the game.

HELP WANTED
Looking for sprite artist. PM me if you are interested!