Toy Box (Hiatus until Next Year D:)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Arivien
Regular

Re: Toy Box

#31 Post by Arivien »

Wow, the dialogue boxes look REALLY good. I can't wait to see a demo.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

It so cute! Defenitely going to play this! YOUR ART IS ADOOOORABLE~ <3

*shameless questions* How do you imply different textboxes for each character in renpy?

Mocha07734
Regular
Projects: Toy Box

#33 Post by Mocha07734 »

@Arivien
The demo will be out as soon as I finish coding the menus. ^w^

@azureXtwilight
Well, i forgot where I read it. But what I did was put this code into the script.rpy.

Code: Select all

init:
$ narrator = Character('name of character', window_background='name_of_dialogue_box.png')
For example, the code for my game ends up looking something like this.

Code: Select all

$ mb = Character('Buttons', window_background='dialogbuttons.png'))
At least that is how I think it's done, or at least what my script is telling me I did...
If you run into any problems tell me, and I'll try to help to the best of my ability. >_<

Arsenic_Love

#34 Post by Arsenic_Love »

The characters design is great (kind of reminds me of the movie 9) The story reminds me of winnie the pooh or toy which are both classic and my favorites. The dialog boxes are beautiful too. good work.

Version
Regular
Projects: On Hiatus

#35 Post by Version »

ffffff-kfsdhljksdhfgkfd
Really looking forward to this! The character design and text boxes are adorable and I love the concept!
And let me just say that I am already quite a fan of Rob and Rep.~ >:D
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]

Mocha07734
Regular

#36 Post by Mocha07734 »

Arsenic_Love wrote:The characters design is great (kind of reminds me of the movie 9) The story reminds me of winnie the pooh or toy which are both classic and my favorites. The dialog boxes are beautiful too. good work.
Hmmm, movie 9 seems interesting. I've always loved animated movies like that. *0*
Version wrote:ffffff-kfsdhljksdhfgkfd
Really looking forward to this! The character design and text boxes are adorable and I love the concept!
And let me just say that I am already quite a fan of Rob and Rep.~ >:D
Wow, I never though Rob and Rep would be so popular. Awesome!

*Update-ish*
So, just yesterday I was in the plane to go to Beijing, China. So I'm here to visit family and friends. Also to just have a holiday. I'll be staying here for about three weeks and during this time progress will slow down incredibly. Doesn't mean I'll just stop working on it, but i'm going to have less time to work on it.
Also here is a WIP of the menu screen.
(No, the background will not be pink. It's just there to see the white parts.)
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mocha07734
Regular

#37 Post by Mocha07734 »

*Update-ish*
Okay, I've decided to change to game play and the story of this VN a bit.
Basically the characters will be the same. But as you play through each point of view, depending on the menus/options you choose the story will branch out onto a story concentrating on one of the toys. Depending on what menus/options you choose after that you get the good or bad ending for them.
You still go through all of the toy's points of views in the same order, but it'll concentrate on one toy at the end of the VN.
Also the last point of view you will be seeing will be the owner's, in which fleshes out a bit more detail on the toy's back story and such. It is also this point in which you either get the good or the bad ending.

By doing this, there is obviously a lot more writing and coding involved. So I think I'll be delaying the demo release for Button's Point of View for quite a bit. Sorry. >_<;

Also I'm contemplating on whether or not I should make my own music. I'm fine with composing it but I'm not sure what program to use. I'm probably going to end up using Sibellius or something like that. :/
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mocha07734
Regular

#38 Post by Mocha07734 »

*Update*
*Edit*
Put the summaries and etc into the first post.
Last edited by Mocha07734 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#39 Post by Anarchy »

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.

Can't wait to play it when it comes out!! I know my little sister is going to love this too!

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#40 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

My teeth are rotting just by looking at the toys :3 I'm watching this project for sure :D

Can I complain though? Lex's shade of black is dark and I can't see his beautiful face D: Maybe you could still change his sprites so that way his face is easier to see.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Mocha07734
Regular

#41 Post by Mocha07734 »

Anarchy wrote:OH MY GOD THIS IS SO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.

Can't wait to play it when it comes out!! I know my little sister is going to love this too!
Thank you!
I would love to hear your little sister's opinion when I'm done with this. ^_^
Rewritten Ennui wrote:My teeth are rotting just by looking at the toys :3 I'm watching this project for sure :D

Can I complain though? Lex's shade of black is dark and I can't see his beautiful face D: Maybe you could still change his sprites so that way his face is easier to see.
Rotting teeth... I'll take that as a good thing.
No problem at all, I've changed Lex's sprite to a lighter grey colour. Tell me if it's still too dark. I'm always happy to hear suggestions to improve on this. c:

Mocha07734
Regular

#42 Post by Mocha07734 »

*Update-ish*
I've finished the flow chart and a basic overview of the stories for Buttons, Zipper and Stitch's paths.
With this I've also figured out what CGs I want for Buttons, Zipper and Stitch's paths, so i'm now making rough sketches of what they'll look like. C:
Actually, here's a quick sketch of one of the CGs.
mad stitch copy.png
I've also drafted the basic layout of the stories for BunBun, Krawrk and Cocoa's paths.
And I'm done with writing the backstory of each toy as well. :D

I'm just wondering if there is anyone who wants to quickly read through the summary of Button's good ending path to just give me some feedback and if it's too cheesy or something like that. >_<;

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#43 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

This looks really cute, I'd bet this could do well as a cartoon series, and sure I'd be willing to read it.

Mocha07734
Regular

#44 Post by Mocha07734 »

@Marcelo_Orlando
Actually, depending on how much free time I have after I finish this VN. I'll also be making a series of mini comic pages of the toy's random antics. :)
Awesome, I've just PMed it to you.

Also I was bored in the train today so I drew these....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#45 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Replied to the PM and I'd be interested to see your mini comics when you make them.