revamped.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DreamInk

Re: Her Majesty! (GxB)

#46 Post by DreamInk »

Cute game (*´∀`*)ゝYour art is so beautiful!! ♥

Rilxi

#47 Post by Rilxi »

Bookmarked!

This looks really cute and fun.
I support Tailor Tales!

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#48 Post by renpao »

@Celestine Haha, Pooman is just a silly fictional superhero I created myself. xD And thank you so much! ;_; I'm happy that you like the chara design. And oh, it's great to know you like Killian. C:

---

Sorry for the late reply, but I would like to say thank you very much for all the kind works/encouragement! I really appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. ;^; Rest assured that while I'm back to uni and is busy as ever, I do take the time to work on this at every chance that I can get. I just didn't think it would be worthwhile to spam this thread with a "I've so and so word count now!" kind of update because I've been putting off on sprites to work on the script exclusively... OTL;;

With that said, I would like to apologize for the delay on the pre-demo. While I do already have the entire prologue written (which would be enough to create a demo), the lack of GUI and sprites discouraged me to post it as it is. Besides, when I first planned to make a demo for this game, I already planned it to end at a certain part, and I still haven't gotten there on the script (11k+ at the moment).

I want the demo to show a bit more than what the summary says, as well as give insight to the characters...so I promise I'll share the pre-demo as soon as I feel ready to show it to you guys. I hope you understand. ;_; (And to those who offered to proof-read/beta, I will definitely keep you guys in mind!)

Now for the updates!

I finally got around to working on some of the GUIs. Let me share the screenies. C:

Here is the main menu:

And here is the textbox I made + ctc:

(the actual sprites of Carmeline are still WIP--the one you see up there is not her final one. And, uhm, ignore the date for now, lol.)

At long last, I made a decent HM! logo. >.< I kept scrapping every logo I try to make for this game because I'm not a graphic designer/never been good at making logos...it's not eye-catching in any way, but I'm happy to have it as close as I can get to what I have in mind. :'>

Last edited by renpao on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#49 Post by azureXtwilight »

So beautiful as usual!!!

Looking forward to this 8D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#50 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm envious of that texbox.
*stalks thread*
Looking forward to this one!

Arcanum
Veteran

#51 Post by Arcanum »

Ahh, it looks amazing *g* Even if it's not the final sprite, she looks great!

Celestine
Veteran

#52 Post by Celestine »

Those are some nice pics you put up. Your logo looks lovely! :wink:
Your text box looks nice and fancy :D
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#53 Post by Victoria »

This really sounds great =D Especially if it will be humourous - and by the summary, I would say so =D
Looking forward to it! =D
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

renpao
Regular

#54 Post by renpao »

@Azure Thank you! I really appreciate the support. ;w;

@Lumen I'm glad it came out all right! I was actually getting frustrated with it because I don't know what kind of textbox I really wanted to make. This was my very first one (last year? I think), and I was definitely unhappy about it. OTL;; At least this one fits the brown motif? :'D

@Arcanum T-Thank you so much! vv I hope that Carmeline's final sprites would be more dynamic/pleasing to look at. >w<;

@Celestine Thank you! I'm happy that you like them!
I was actually worried because I haven't posted anything substantial yet. xD; (I promise I will when I get the script out of the way! *determined*)

@Victoria Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it once I get the pre-demo out. :')

----------

Today I finally reached 12,211 words! Judging from the outline the demo might be around 17k+ to 20k+ words, so it makes me happy to see that I'm slowly getting there despite all the hurdles I'm facing at the moment (partly because of the small one-(wo)man art show I have to do at the end of this semester...^^;; ).

Right now I'm contemplating on maybe asking for people for opinion/suggestion/critique on the prologue** after I polish it and ask my friend to read it. Like a confidante of some sort. xD;
I'm honestly nervous about the beginning because while it may seem straight-forward for me, I'm still the one who wrote it. I'm pretty sure that it might not be the same way for others who have no idea what the story is about in the first place. And having played the prologue part so many times now, it's getting hard for me to notice the mistakes anymore. OTL;;;;
So...I'm wondering if it's a good idea? Sorry, I'm just really self-conscious because writing opening scenes isn't exactly my high point...I'm just afraid that people might find it too long-winding/boring/TL;DR. ;__;

**(Please note: Viewing the prologue is just like that; viewing the game up to where the plot synopsis ends. It wouldn't be like your typical demo where sprites are completed/etc. so if you're more interested in playing the game, I'd suggest waiting for the actual demo to come out instead. That way you'd have a much more polished prologue. Hopefully. >.<)
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Cain0425 »

if people get beta test the game sure they will fine things in the game that you can fix and i am sure if you need help there people on here will to help you pls do not over worry your self i am sure the game will come out good

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#56 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Yes, the new one fits the brown motif better :D This looks so "lace-y" XD
And oh my, really, Carmeline's sprite isn't final?! O_o
I thought it's the one you will use O:

Melinoe
Regular

Re: [WIP] Her Majesty! (GxB)

#57 Post by Melinoe »

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say. Her majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she changes from day to day. I wanna tell her that I love her a lot, but I gotta get a belly full of wine. Her majesty's a pretty nice girl; someday I'm gonna make her mine, oh yeah, someday I'm gonna make her mine.

Sorry, old Beatles song. Couldn't resist. You should listen to it if you have the time, it's only around half a minute. Whole reason I clicked on this thread, anyway.

But seriously, this game will be awesome when it comes out. The art, the sprites, everything is fantastic. And Pooman. Oh, Pooman. 

I'm not sure which guy I'll pursue first. I'll probably have to get a feel for the game before I do that. Oh yeah, in the first few posts, it says stuff about the guys, like one of them liking otome games? I think it doesn't say that anymore (if it does, I completely missed it.), but does that mean it's not true anymore? Because that might break my heart...  (Even though I'll still play the game.)

Last thing: I LOVE the textbox. Seriously. it's so fancy and nice... 

Alright, I'll shut up now.
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

renpao
Regular

#58 Post by renpao »

@Cain Thank you for the kind words! I'll try not to stress out if I can. ;^;

@Lumen I'm happy that you think so. :,) And lace-y effect is what I'm aiming for, indeed! xD
And yes, her sprite isn't final yet. xD I mean, her character design is already final, but that sprite up there was just made for demonstration purposes. xD
I'll scan her sprites so I could show them to you on my next update. :>

@Melinoe Oh my goodness! You're the very first person who actually guessed where I got the idea/title from right...!! I'm so pleased, haha. xD *hands you internet cookies* It was inspired by the Beatles', indeed.

I really hope the game would meet your expectation. ;^; I'm happy that you like what you've seen so far!

I'd be interested in knowing who you'll like once the demo is out then. xD And oh, as for that info: They still stay true, don't worry. I just took most of the info out because I realized that I'm giving away too much about the characters and I didn't like that. ^^; I'd rather some people find out about those in game instead.

I'm glad you like the textbox! I was honestly worried because my last few attempts at making one failed. ;w;

---------------------------

An update of some sort.

Writing has come to a short halt after I reached the 13k+ word mark because it’s midterm week. So lately all I could do is doodle in between. OTL;

I completely remade Gareth’s sprite because I didn’t like the fact that he could easily cover the entire page without leaving any space for other characters, lol. That, and the fact that the old one was positioned in an awkward way…I hope this one is an improvement of his old one.

I’ve decided to make 3 different poses for the main characters (except Carmeline; she only gets 2 different poses—I’ll post the sketch later). This would also allow me to redesign/fix some of the clothing design (because I really hated Gareth’s old casual look).

My only problem is that doing this, along with the blinking animation and 3 different outfits, would perhaps increase the graphic usage/file of the game. Hopefully this could be fixed when I learn how to use LiveComposite, but I wonder if people would get peeved by this stuff...? By stuff I meant the different poses + blinking animation? ^^;

That said: If you guys didn’t notice yet, I put a poll about the demo’s length on the right hand side of the dev blog. I would really love to hear you opinion about it! :,)
Last edited by renpao on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#59 Post by teacup »

OMG. ;///;""
Your art is just beautiful <33
The old one was great but I think this one is even better. He looks so awesome in all three poses.
Personally, I don't care how big the game is... maybe that's just me, though. XD

PockieHoshi
Regular

#60 Post by PockieHoshi »

I love the plot for this game! It sounds interesting and comical at the same time xD!
The art looks really professional as well ^o^.
Good luck on this project,and try not to stress out too much =).