The Cave (fantasy, otome)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

The Cave (fantasy, otome)

#1 Post by Dakishimete »

World is at the edge of war. War is nothing but despair. But really? There has to be a reason. Sometimes very different from what it seemed. People and whole countries have their secrets. Will you be able to trust your superiors and your own country? Can the whole world betray you? And what about people? Is there even a place for friendship and love?

Okay, this little piece of work might be an otome game, but it's definitly not fluffy. Humans are complicated creatures and in larger numbers can be terryfying. Enemy isn't always bad and sometimes you really don't feel like taking someone's side, even if he's right. You start the game without doubts, being sure why you chose your side but then you're going to have more and more doubts. And remember – everyone has their secrets. And the reason to have them.
The Cave was orginally supposed to be a comic so plot is kind of complicated.
I've been thinking for 2 years about it, so fear a lot.

Characters:

Main character
Sevilla
I was raised in noble family in Calante (country that resembles Europe in Renaissance). At young age I turned out to be a mage and was sent to learn at university. I'm not a very powerful mage, so I had to make up for it with cleverness and intelligence. I'm calm, independent and reasonable, unless provoked. Okay, maybe sometimes a little bit arrogant and antisocial but hey, I'm working on it, so I'll be fine.

Obtainable boys
Sayvin
Okay, Sayvin rarely smiles. But I wonder if he's really unhappy or just doesn't care about anything anymore. He trusts no one and tries to be antisocial but in the end keeps helping everyone around. He seems to be calm but actually he often goes into hysteria. He's pretty funny in these moments. From what I've heard, nothing terrible happened to him in the past but he has a difficult life now. And why does Silvia, our general, have so much interest in him?
Note: Sayvin was orginally main character when The Cave was supposed to be a comic, not a game.
And I think he has the most beauiful name in the world.

Nataku
That's one cunning bastard. He's as pretty as much as he lies. Yet it's hard to dislike him, even when you now he could steal your last coin and leave you to die. I wonder why is he that way. Oh, he also has a terribly weak head, is vegetarian and is Sayvin's best friend. I even heard rumors that actully maybe more than a friend. I don't know the reason but he's always strictly obeying the orders, even if he seems to be not reliable.
Note: At first he's name was Yaevinn. If you played The Witcher you know the guy. For no reason, just because that name was pretty. But after I thought about universum more, he couldn't have it.

Sitt Ossana Qutajbah Ra'ed or just Sitt
Everyone is scared of him. No wonder, he's a giant albino with short temper that happens to be world second strongest fighter. At least people call him that. That guy is probably the most quick-tempered person in the world, he's also stubborn and quite narrow-minded. Yet he's extremaly devoted and sensitive. Like a big puppy or rather, as I prefer to call him, giant sad polar bear.
Note: This guy is my sister's favourite. When he still didn't have a name we used to call him Darth Mol, because his weapon resembles Darth Mol's light sword.

Eygon
Take everyting that Sitt is not. You just've made Eygon! That guy cares about nothing. He's lazy, irresponsible and has no idea about ethics. And he's world strongest fighter. Yes, Sitt hates him but Eygon is too lazy to return this feeling. Hatred is to bothersome, he would say. He's not a bad person, though. I think he's more mature and complicated than he seems at first.
Note: Eygon is my personal favourite, my sunshine and love. But hey, everyone of them gets equal treatment. I took his name from such a stiupid source that you wouldn't imagine... ever seen silly movies about cat named Egon on youtube?

Other main characters
Naomi
Silvia's right hand man or rather woman. She can use only healing magic. Naomi is shy and nice, you could probably befriend her. But watch out since she has a crush on one of the boys.

Nadira
She has an open crush on Eygon and is... insane. She's cursed and is one of the most powerful mages this world has ever seen. Wanna become her friend?

Cuthbert
Prince of Calante and Alain's older twin brother. This guy is loud and cheerful and happens to be a very powerful mage. His and Alain's names are from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, my favourite writer.

Alain
Prince of Calante and Cuthbert's younger twin brother. He's a lot more intelligent and reasonable than Cuthbert. Yet when Alain is with Cuthbert he just stops thinking and acts as childish as his brother. No wonder since he's just 10 years old.

Story: 95%
Script: 13%
Character design: 100%
Sprites : 5%
CGs: 0%
Programming: 12%
Music: 0% (will look for composer later)

Story, script & programming - Dakishimete
Editor - Riviera
Artist - fu_fu
Last edited by Dakishimete on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mocha07734
Regular
Projects: Toy Box

Re: The Cave (mystery, otome)

#2 Post by Mocha07734 »

Wah, this seems interesting.
I wish you luck in finding a good editor to help you with this project. >w<

Dakishimete
Regular

#3 Post by Dakishimete »

Mocha07734 wrote: I wish you luck in finding a good editor to help you with this project. >w<
Thanks a lot ^^

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Riviera »

I'm working on two other projects right now, but I'd be glad to look over things as an editor for you, if you'd like.

Just let me know upfront what you'd like me to do. Would you like writing suggestions, for me to point out grammar issues, for me to put down notes of what I think when I read certain passages, etc, or a basic proofreading and grammar fix? :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Dakishimete
Regular

#5 Post by Dakishimete »

Riviera wrote:I'm working on two other projects right now, but I'd be glad to look over things as an editor for you, if you'd like.

Just let me know upfront what you'd like me to do. Would you like writing suggestions, for me to point out grammar issues, for me to put down notes of what I think when I read certain passages, etc, or a basic proofreading and grammar fix? :)
That would help a lot. Proofreading and little help with grammar but also writing suggestions are what I need. Some criticism, like 'this part is boring' or 'there are some holes in plot'. I have some family problems in this moment but I'll contact you soon. Thanks a lot~

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#6 Post by sayuri »

Oh, I know Riviera already offered, but I'd be happy to help with writing suggestions/grammar/ect.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

It's cool with me. As I mentioned, I do have 2 other things I'm working on too, so it might go faster. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Dakishimete
Regular

#8 Post by Dakishimete »

Okaaay, the project isn't even close to being dropped, it actually goes well, but my artist is lazy.
Some progress:

The game contains 1,456 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 16,422 words,
for an average of 11.3 words per screen.
The game contains 5 menus.