AnKnA fantranslation!

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

AnKnA fantranslation!

#1 Post by kersplode »

I was debating on what forum to start this topic in, hopefully this one is alright dfasgsa. I'm starting a(n independent?) fantranslation of Anniversary no Kuni no Alice, and I want to know... is this style of writing okay for the game? are you okay with minor, non-plot affecting edits for the purpose of english flow, or should I stick to translation of the source material? of course, these'll be edited into .ks compatible format later(once I manage to decrypt the stupid files!)
http://vagabounce.wordpress.com/2011/09 ... tion-pt-1/
for now, I'd prefer just those who have played __ no Kuni no Alice to review. not looking for super-intense critique here, just wanted to know if I was dong anything terrible before I muck everything up. it's 3am so sorry if it gets weird or varies too much, I'm too tired to read over it >w>

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: AnKnA fantranslation!

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

If you're looking for people to help you with the technical aspects of translation, then the most relevant forum would be Encubed Gemot (aka the Novelnews forum). They may be able to help you with the literary aspects of translation. You may also benefit by searching for other forums for non-professionals who translate Japanese pop culture media.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

kersplode
Regular

#3 Post by kersplode »

oh yes, I've already posted there actually~ I was just wondering if the style of writing was satisfactory, or if fans would like something different. ^^;

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#4 Post by ririruetoo »

That is really amazing that you are planning to translate the game! We need more English Otome games!! I really would help, but I don't really know Japanese ( I'm STUDYING Japanese, but only for a week, and this is my first year ever...) but I will totally support you and *maybe?* help you get the word out about this project ( if you want me to of course!) About the translation, as long as it sticks to the script and MAKES SENSE, then I don't mind. But if you try and translate something literally enough, I think certain things can be lost in translation...If that makes any sense...
ImageImageImage

kersplode
Regular

#5 Post by kersplode »

aww, thanks! ♥ you can tell people if you want to? and if you'd like, I could add you for beta testing/proofreading in the future~ :0

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#6 Post by ririruetoo »

Notice my new signature?? I'm proud of it, I made a MUCH BIGGER one, but it was to large to put on the forum, so I downsize...TT^TT
ImageImageImage