Do you guys keep a sketchpad with you?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Do you guys keep a sketchpad with you?

#1 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I know that most of us here are digital artists, and I know that this may be a stupid thing to ask, but do you keep a sketchpad?

Because, well, I do. XD
I can't live without mine.

Usually, I use the sketchpad to draw some concept designs for my characters or some stuff for ... anything VN-related XD I also use it for art class or in some other subjects, when I have trouble explaining what I mean. Or when I'm bored. The only thing that won't be lost in my backpack is the sketchpad and my pencil case, I guarantee.

And plus, sometimes, I show it off. For critique. :3
How about you? XD
Even though I know mostly of you will say no.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Do you guys keep a sketchpad with you?

#2 Post by Coren »

I keep a notebook with me with all times. I have always been more of a writer than an artist.

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#3 Post by Death_HUG »

I keep a sketchpad with me all the time! XD I mostly just doodle character concepts in it though >.<
But sometimes I doodle on notebook paper because my dad won't buy me a new sketchpad Dx

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#4 Post by Tag- »

I keep a small one where ever I go, so if I'm bored, I just whip it out and draw o3o I get a fair few stares but it doesn't really bother me. Unless they come up and talk, then I get scared .__. Anti social meeee
This applies to my classes as well, since the teachers have started to realise that if I'm not scribbling something while they talk, I zone out xD''
PM me if needed

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#5 Post by Desu_Cake »

Yup. Always. I do most of my drawings traditionally (My tablet hates me) so I run through them extremely quickly too, which means I'm usually carrying two sketchbooks wth me.

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#6 Post by Niki »

Yes, definitely! I sketch much better off the computer >< I'm lazy to scan them in though, so I end up doing mostly digital work.
Image (devblog) || tumblr

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#7 Post by TsukiShima »

Sketch book is like my best friend. Though I also doodle in my notebook xD I always find myself liking the doodle much more than my clean artworks, perhaps they made out of my liking and 'I just don't care what others think, doodles are fun!'

Also like to write ideas in my notebook and sketchbook. Most of them are not VN related, but they are fun!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Probably the only person who is opposite to all.

Am I an artist? Yes. Do I love drawing? yes. I draw everyday? No. Do I have sketchpad wherever i go? No.---Wait, do i even have a sketchpad? I'm admitting it, No. *bites her lips out of guiltiness she call herself an artist.

Perhaps the only sketchbook i own is the thing we use for our art lessons at school. I draw mostly at our club activities but hey, the club provides almost everything from papers to tones to lamination and colors, all i need to bring was my pencil case and a few A4 papers and start doing some club activities.

I don't really draw everyday less you call those "rakugaki"(doodles) i do on almost all my notebooks drawing then yea, i might have.

I'm the type who if not in the mood, can't draw at all and also the type of person who wouldn't show her drawings all of the sudden during the whole school time less its for the club. And I pretty much spend my lunchbreak reading a book. :/ so the idea of bringing a sketchbook might just ruin my mood for the worst if i saw it turning out so bad that it should be censored or Mosaic-ed. xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by SusanTheCat »

I keep a note pad with me. Plus I usually have some sort of electronic device that I can write with.

I keep my sketchpad near the TV because that's where I usually draw.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#10 Post by Deji »

I used to. I still try to carry one around just in case, but I haven't touched it in ages.
I blame it on working from home drawing on the computer all day, so when i actually get out of here, I just want to hang around people and not think about drawing xD;;
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

gaoldart
Regular
Projects: Tony T (Writer, programmer)

#11 Post by gaoldart »

I do... but i mostly carry a pen
If i have a pen with me, notepad, sketchpad... it does not matter, i have something to doodle with and that's what matters
Bashing my head against the computer desk while programming since march 2011, and so far no brain damashii nanananananananana katamari damashii

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#12 Post by TakeOverWorld »

I don't have a sketchpad... my last one ran out and the shop I bought it from doesn't sell ones I like anymore, so I don't have one , when I'm at home I just draw on printer paper.
But even when I have one, I don't really carry it around with me. Like I wouldn't whip it out on the bus and start drawing. But we get a free small notebook thingy from my school so I draw in that all the time at lessons, specially if the teacher is being boring.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#13 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I used to during my high school years. Those were the days....sitting in the cafeteria working on my sketches....

But now that I'm in college I leave my sketchbooks here at home right next to my spot on the bed. My variety of sketch pencils on the dresser as always. And they lay there...untouched....until I finish my assignments days later...I need to start sketching again. Maybe I'll take my mini one outside to sketch my dogs. Always good to practice trying to draw those who are moving.
ImageImageImageImage

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#14 Post by Snow Blossom »

Well I always doodle on my notebooks at school, if that counts... ;p At home though, I don't even have to carry around a sketchpad since there's one lying on basically every table, waiting... XD

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#15 Post by LVUER »

Nope. Mainly because now I've go fully digital since I buy a Wacom (even my brand new scanner just sitting in a corner, gathering dust). Now all my sketchbooks are in the closet (kept for future reference... if I ever open them again) and also all my drawing utensils. I even often have difficult time when I need a pen since I keep forgetting where I put them last time...

I used to have them btw, when I still drawing traditionally. And besides, right now I'm pretty busy with jobs (teaching) so it's hard to find time to draw/doodle. Even if I have time to do it, I really just want to relax/take a rest... and it's not like I could draw in front of my students.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW