A Mysterious Note [WIP, GXB] [Demo!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Version
Regular
Projects: On Hiatus

Re: A Mysterious Note [WIP, GXB] [Demo!]

#61 Post by Version »

;v; I feel a little late, but here goes anyways ><
1. Minho and Eunmi are my favorite! Minho is just sweet and Eunmi is cool. I was kind of confused in the beginning though when she told Minho to call her daeseung, then had an 'ohhh' moment when they went back home and realized that he pretty much does everything she says, with the help of some good ol' persuasion at times.. xD
2. I won't be annoying and bother you with it...... ovo
3. I love the demo! It stopped at a really good place! Well, bad for me because I want the full version now, but good for you because it was really interesting!
Good luck on finishing!
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]

Melinoe
Regular

#62 Post by Melinoe »

Hey, I just played the demo and I was blown away. Seriously, it was great.

Questions:
1. Favorite Character? It's a cross between Sujin and Eunmi. I like Yoonmi, too, but not as much as either of the others. I really love what you did with the girls in this game, because in some of the otome games I played, it feels like the girls were just brushed aside or didn't even exist. I like how they play important roles in the plot instead of just being harpies. Or not existing. My favorite guy is definitely Minho, because of his tsundereyness. (He is tsundere, right?) I like Jiseung, too, just because he's funny. Shallow guys are funny to me, I don't know why. (Not in real life, though...) And I also like Astor... Let's just say I liked everyone... The characters in this game are sheer wonderfulness.
2. Is there anything should fix? Not really. People don't seem to like the textbox, but other than that, it's fine. I think purple-ness and, uh, round-ness is kind of out-of-place, though, but that's just my opinion.
3. Your opinion of the demo? I hated it. What makes you think you can write? Delete ren'py from your computer now. Don't poison us like this. ...That, of course was a joke, albeit not a funny one, and pretty useless. Why would you fall for that? I've been gushing from the start of this post... Anyway, I love it! (because that wasn't already obvious...)

I really need to talk more about the characters, so I'll do that here... Yoonmi was funny because of her jealousy. Of course, being a girl, I know what it's like to have a crush (I thought they were related, but she has a crush on him, right?), and I know what it's like to be jealous, but why so obvious, you know? Sujin and Eunmi were utter perfection. If I start to gush on about them, I'll never stop, so... Hiroki was funny, but really made me feel self-conscious. I mean, my first instincts said, "Loser," and then I realized what I was doing... I'll stop talking now... Oh, wait, Astor. I liked him a lot, He came off as a bit absentminded to me, but Seunghyun already fits the bill for that, right? I like him either way.

Now, for the protagonist, Bora. She's great. Such a jerk. (I think someone called her a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, but for some reason, I feel like she's 100% jerk. I'm completely fine with either of those, though.) She should be panicking more, like someone said. I liked her mom. She should cry, though, I think, because (even though I said she seemed like she was 100% jerk) she's not completely heartless, right? Her mom, at least, really seemed like she loved her.

The Kibum thing was definitely intentional? ...Yeah, that's all we get on that, isn't it?

Sorry, long post is long.
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#63 Post by Death_HUG »

Version wrote:;v; I feel a little late, but here goes anyways ><
1. Minho and Eunmi are my favorite! Minho is just sweet and Eunmi is cool. I was kind of confused in the beginning though when she told Minho to call her daeseung, then had an 'ohhh' moment when they went back home and realized that he pretty much does everything she says, with the help of some good ol' persuasion at times.. xD
2. I won't be annoying and bother you with it...... ovo
3. I love the demo! It stopped at a really good place! Well, bad for me because I want the full version now, but good for you because it was really interesting!
Good luck on finishing!
Your not late at all! >.<
lol yeah, Minho practically does whatever Eunmi says XD he was origanlly supposed to be cool and not caring, but he ended up like this xD
you should be annoying and bother me with it XP
Thank you! I'll definitely try to finish this game as soon as possible >.<
Melinoe wrote:Hey, I just played the demo and I was blown away. Seriously, it was great.

Questions:
1. Favorite Character? It's a cross between Sujin and Eunmi. I like Yoonmi, too, but not as much as either of the others. I really love what you did with the girls in this game, because in some of the otome games I played, it feels like the girls were just brushed aside or didn't even exist. I like how they play important roles in the plot instead of just being harpies. Or not existing. My favorite guy is definitely Minho, because of his tsundereyness. (He is tsundere, right?) I like Jiseung, too, just because he's funny. Shallow guys are funny to me, I don't know why. (Not in real life, though...) And I also like Astor... Let's just say I liked everyone... The characters in this game are sheer wonderfulness.
2. Is there anything should fix? Not really. People don't seem to like the textbox, but other than that, it's fine. I think purple-ness and, uh, round-ness is kind of out-of-place, though, but that's just my opinion.
3. Your opinion of the demo? I hated it. What makes you think you can write? Delete ren'py from your computer now. Don't poison us like this. ...That, of course was a joke, albeit not a funny one, and pretty useless. Why would you fall for that? I've been gushing from the start of this post... Anyway, I love it! (because that wasn't already obvious...)

I really need to talk more about the characters, so I'll do that here... Yoonmi was funny because of her jealousy. Of course, being a girl, I know what it's like to have a crush (I thought they were related, but she has a crush on him, right?), and I know what it's like to be jealous, but why so obvious, you know? Sujin and Eunmi were utter perfection. If I start to gush on about them, I'll never stop, so... Hiroki was funny, but really made me feel self-conscious. I mean, my first instincts said, "Loser," and then I realized what I was doing... I'll stop talking now... Oh, wait, Astor. I liked him a lot, He came off as a bit absentminded to me, but Seunghyun already fits the bill for that, right? I like him either way.

Now, for the protagonist, Bora. She's great. Such a jerk. (I think someone called her a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, but for some reason, I feel like she's 100% jerk. I'm completely fine with either of those, though.) She should be panicking more, like someone said. I liked her mom. She should cry, though, I think, because (even though I said she seemed like she was 100% jerk) she's not completely heartless, right? Her mom, at least, really seemed like she loved her.

The Kibum thing was definitely intentional? ...Yeah, that's all we get on that, isn't it?

Sorry, long post is long.
Thank you!
I dislike how girls really don't do anything in otome games too. And yeah, I think Minho is a tsundere. I find shallow guys funny in real life XD
I probably have to make a new text box >.< hopefully I can make one that fits my game...
I was like "...What?" 0-0 when I read your joke... I'm really gullible "orz
Yep, Yoonmi has a crush on him. Yoonmi is the kind of girl who would just say whatevers on her mind and won't care what anybody thinks, plus she's not really good at hiding her feelings *cough*jealousy*cough* XD
lol Hiroki is somewhat of a loser, but I remembered he is kindof based off of me XP
yeah, I have to fix Bora a little... and no she's not heartless.
Yep, Kibum was definitely intentional. That's all I can say ;D
I don't mind your long post >.< It was fun reading!

Shioriemei
Regular
Completed: Pink Carnations (GXB Otome)

#64 Post by Shioriemei »

Pretty art *A*

Nekosousei
Regular
Projects: Scattered Starlight Dating Sim (GxB, GxG)
Organization: Neko Sousei

#65 Post by Nekosousei »

I played the demo and I absolutely loved it!!!!

I can't wait for the full game to be released, the art is amazing and I really like Kim Minho <3

Death_HUG
Veteran

#66 Post by Death_HUG »

Shioriemei wrote:Pretty art *A*
Nekosousei wrote:I played the demo and I absolutely loved it!!!!

I can't wait for the full game to be released, the art is amazing and I really like Kim Minho <3
Thank you guys! I'll definitely try to finish this game as fast as possible ^-^

hyeonie

#67 Post by hyeonie »

first game I've seen on here that has korean characters haha, sweet!^^
can't wait for the full game! really appreciate the effort you're putting into this! work hard~^^

Death_HUG
Veteran

#68 Post by Death_HUG »

hyeonie wrote:first game I've seen on here that has korean characters haha, sweet!^^
can't wait for the full game! really appreciate the effort you're putting into this! work hard~^^
Thank you! I'm making some progress on the game, but lately I've become overworked ;u;
But I'll definitely work harder now! ^-^

Death_HUG
Veteran

#69 Post by Death_HUG »

So just a little update to show you that I'm not dead XD

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 1,211 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 13,090 words,
for an average of 10.8 words per screen.
The game contains 6 menus.
I've been in a writing mood lately, so these past few days I've been writing a lot ^-^
I've been trying to make a new textbox too, but I can't really figure out how it will look like... so any suggestions would be nice :3

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#70 Post by Dakishimete »

I played the demo. The story is pretty cool. I'd say I liked Minho the most, probably because he's the one with most screen time in demo

Death_HUG
Veteran

#71 Post by Death_HUG »

Dakishimete wrote:I played the demo. The story is pretty cool. I'd say I liked Minho the most, probably because he's the one with most screen time in demo
Thank you ^-^
I hate how I gave Minho the most screen time Dx Right now I'm trying to even it out so that the other characters will have some more screentime...

Liz

#72 Post by Liz »

I played the demo and I guess I have to say that I really liked Sujin. Why?
Because she's a stalker and I found her to be quirky and bubbly :)
Good game. I wish the demo was longer though.

♥ Liz

Death_HUG
Veteran

#73 Post by Death_HUG »

Liz wrote:I played the demo and I guess I have to say that I really liked Sujin. Why?
Because she's a stalker and I found her to be quirky and bubbly :)
Good game. I wish the demo was longer though.

♥ Liz
Thank you ^-^ lol another person who likes Sujin! Yay! I enjoy writing Sujin's character, probably because she's kinda like me( minus the stalker part >3>) maybe I should release a longer demo ;D lol but I would be too lazy to do that XD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#74 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I haven't played the whole demo yet, but I have to say, I really like Eunmi. :)
(TOMBOY)
Goodluck! :')

dollssoulkirie

#75 Post by dollssoulkirie »

Just played the demo today~ (even tho I've had it downloaded for awhile now... *sweatdrop*)

1. Who's your favorite character and why? At the moment, I really don't have one. Not all the characters had a lot of screen time in the demo. Tho I do like Eunmi a lot. Especially her relationship with her twin brother. lol I am curious about Kang Jiseung. Can't wait to see more of him.
2. Is there anything I should fix? Besides some grammar/spelling/double words that I saw, I didn't have that much of an issue with anything. I do like the little design in the text box. It's really cute.
3. Your opinion of the demo? I enjoyed the demo and the story that you've come up with so far. I can't wait to see more. Tho, I do kind of agree with some people about Bora. Even tho she is a jerk (which is great), she should at least be panicking a bit more about her situation at least. Even if it's just mentally panicking while she's alone, so she won't show any weakness in front of everyone.

Good luck with your visual novel~! Can't wait to see more of it!