(temporarily removed)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

(temporarily removed)

#1 Post by papillon »

Warning - this is NOT a Hanako Games product.

This is a free personal thing, which may eventually develop prettier art, but while I'm posting it here in progress at the moment it has only my sketchy art skills. (There are no sound effects or music yet, I may stick some in after the script conversion is completed.)

This is also not written by me. This is a story I commissioned a few years back, which I am now attempting to adapt into kinetic novel format. It's about love and art, adventure and buried treasure, set in the 80s.

Age rating is for strong language (lots of it!), violence, drug use, and non-sexual nudity (It is not hentai in terms of sex though.)

If you can draw better than I can and wish to donate your services to illustrating an existing novel for free, talk to me.

How likely I am to convert the entire novel depends on how delayed my other projects are and whether people are actually interested in reading this story in KN format, so please comment. :)

[Temporarily removed because I obviously never got around to finishing this]
Last edited by papillon on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: In The Fury Of The Hour (KN, 16+)

#2 Post by Fawn »

I really like this story so far :D It sounds so adventurous, going to find a lost painting. The art history bits are cool too.

I'll note you some doodles I have that I did while playing it.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#3 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Just played the demo and it is very interesting and entertaining. I hope that you do finish it because I would like to get the rest of the story.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#4 Post by Wright1000 »

papillon wrote: This is a free personal thing.
This game is going to be free?
Does that mean this is your first non-commercial project?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#5 Post by papillon »

I've done plenty of free stuff, I just don't talk about it much because, well, I can't draw. I don't want to distract my customers. :) (Also, considering how slowly I write, I could not afford to write something this long for free. I'd starve to death.)

Well, that, and most of the things I fool around with free are not visual novels, just gameplay prototypes of other things. I probably haven't done a free VN since... Abigail. Which shows my point. :P

However this one may eventually look a bit nicer since Fawn has kindly volunteered her help! :) I have updated the existing upload to contain the next chapter (we're at about 6500 words now) but it won't have proper art for a while yet.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

Re: In The Fury Of The Hour (KN, 16+, demo)

#6 Post by Wright1000 »

I finished reading this yesterday.
The story is good.
Except for one or two typos, everything else is fine.
Hope there will be music in the full version.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#7 Post by papillon »

Missed a day of updates owing to the weather being too hot to code, but the latest upload is now over 10,000 words. I will *probably* stop doing constant uploads at this point - there's a good chunk of story in there now, introducing the art mystery, the murder mystery, and just enough of the mob plot to make you wonder where it's going. The original story is 60,000 words so I've got a ways left to go.

Yes, I intend to put music and such in eventually. Because this is an adaptation of an existing text rather than a game I'm writing from the beginning, I want to finish the script conversion before I work on polish factors. (That way, if events prevent me from finishing, at least it'll be readable.)

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#8 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

It's been updated sweet, will play again. This story is well written and I wish you luck on finishing it.