(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

#241 Post by try10 »

Hello I'm new here and I really need some help. I downloaded the demo of this game on my old laptop and it worked, but now I have a new one and when I downloaded the game and tried to play it opens, but it's all black. I hear the sounds but I can't see anything. I tried to download ren'py because I thought this is the reason that it doesn't work but all the games from ren'py are black. What should I do cause I really want to play this game? Please help me.

Please Please tell me what to do cause I'm dying to play this game. :((

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#242 Post by teacup »

@lunanight
Thank you very much! :)
@lillyisawesomeee
XD Lol, I'm glad I was able to complete your life <3 Hopefully the second one will be even more enjoyable!
@try10
I'm really sorry, but I don't know how to help DD:
If you're having this problem with every game and not just mine, I think you should post your question in the Ren'py Help section. They'll be a lot more helpful for you than me ^^; Sorry I can't be more helpful...

lillyisawesomeee

#243 Post by lillyisawesomeee »

INDEED. ;u;
MY LIFE WAS COMPLETE LOLOLOL.
i'm excited for the second one amggg.

AnymeChan

#244 Post by AnymeChan »

Gah! I wish I had time to read through all this to find an answer but.. Can you help me?!

I got all the endings, I'm pretty sure.. I got four, though. All the three main boys and the secret one!
Haruhi, is the one I'm talking about if there's another..
But it says there's five endings..? T-T;

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#245 Post by TsukiShima »

AnymeChan wrote:Gah! I wish I had time to read through all this to find an answer but.. Can you help me?!

I got all the endings, I'm pretty sure.. I got four, though. All the three main boys and the secret one!
Lucan has 2 endings, one good ending, and one bad ending. In order to get the bad ending, you need to choose not to forgive him during the scene you two are cooking together.
Kaius-kyun~ x3 *random*

AnymeChan

#246 Post by AnymeChan »

HanaMori wrote:
AnymeChan wrote:Gah! I wish I had time to read through all this to find an answer but.. Can you help me?!

Lucan has 2 endings, one good ending, and one bad ending. In order to get the bad ending, you need to choose not to forgive him during the scene you two are cooking together.
Kaius-kyun~ x3 *random*

Of course.. >-<;; I didn't think of that one, I just thought I'd get the normal ending.. x.x Thank youuuu.

Tsuraya

#247 Post by Tsuraya »

I LOVED this novel. It was cute and the boys were very similar to their respective character stereotypes.

I replayed the game quite a few times, just to get the endings, but I played Ryuu's path first. Just cause I could.
But...I had no idea he was the guy with the life-threatening illness! *LE GASP* I was surprised, cause he was so energetic. And the fact that it will never get cured...T_T

And why didn't Ryuu or Lucan save Marin during that violent scene? D< I mean...you don't just leave a girl in a city which is unfamiliar and it's getting late! That just means trouble. Oh well, that just made Kaius' end better. Cause he actually cared enough to find her, and beat the thugs up for her. xDDDDD
Overall, it was really good, and I'll definitely play it again during procrastination time.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#248 Post by HigurashiKira »

After almost a month on the backburner, I have finally finished the game! *applause*

I have to say, that was...interesting. This one is perhaps one of the few otome games that I've actually completed. Now, however, it's time for my view on the game:

Pros:
Overall, the game looks pretty and the "story" is rather enjoyable (I'll explain why I put story in quotation marks in a bit) also, the characters (after the intro) were likeable, which is something that rarely happens. My favorite ended up being Haruhi, surpisingly enough, especially when puberty comes and beaths him with a stick. The routes were fun and quite memorable, despite a few shortcomings.

Cons:
Sorry to say this, but the pursuable characters felt kinda cut-and-paste characters (As in, they're what you would typicly expect from an otome game) The endings didn't do much for me, worse since I'm quite a genre-savvy reader. Kaius and Ryuu's endings I saw a mile away just by knowing their archetype. The only endings that actually surpised me a bit were Lucan's Bad End and Haruhi's end.

And now to my biggest problem: the lolplot. (Definition: Use of a plot device to get the main character to meet the obtainable characters; becomes abandoned afterwards. Typicly seen in erouge.)
You gave us a great plot power (Marin's telepathy) Yet after she meets the guys, it just seems to be brushed under the carpet. Why? I understand that the guys might be able to block their thoughts, but no one can keep that sort of ability up 24/7 without letting their guard down a bit. And it would have been interesting to see just what they are thinking during those lapses.

Overall
For your first game, it was great and exceeded my expectations as a reader. But, may I add, try to mess around with the character archetypes a bit. That way you add a bit of unpredictability to the cast ;)

Score:
7.5/10
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#249 Post by teacup »

Thank you everyone :D

@Tsuraya
Thank you so much! :] I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to replay it! <3
Ryuu and Lucan thought Marin had just come back to school before them, but Kaius was the only one who actually decided to go back to town and look for her... Kaius has a little more common sense than everyone else. :)
@HigurashiKira
Thank you for the review and comments, HigurashiKira! Really appreciate it! :)
I really just thought it was best to have a simpler plot for my first game, and I didn't really expand on the whole psychic thing because of that. But you're right, I can admit that I didn't use the psychic power plot very well ^-^; Hopefully the sequel can be an improvement on the psychic thing.
Thanks for the advice. I definitely plan to have more original characters in my next games. :)

bubbly812

#250 Post by bubbly812 »

i just finished the game. Overall i think this game was really fun, it was interesting how everything ties together. The story line was good too, art was cute, only on close up or side views it was not as good. I wished the story line was a bit longer. =] over all i give this game a 8 out of 10. if it was a bit longer and hadd a few more CG than it would be prefect. o and also if the CG can be saved too. I cant wait till the 2nd one comes out =]

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#251 Post by teacup »

Oh, I think I saw your comment at my blog too :3
I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Thanks for playing! ^^

Well, here's a really quick doodle of that scene in Kaius' route. Just cause.

KimmyBlue

#252 Post by KimmyBlue »

I finished the game a week ago but i forgot to say something here
I loveed it :B
It had the 3 types of guys and ehm the best friend,haha
It was interesting and it took me three days or maybe 4 to finish it, wish is pretty cool! i love when a visual novel takes forever
because i wake up knowing i have to play the other character now D:
My fav. was ofcourse and duuhly! Kaius <3

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#253 Post by TsukiShima »

Woah! Kaius is just so cute in those! xD I shall never forget that scene at all! Now I can't wait for Planets 2
Good luck teacup!

bubbly812

#254 Post by bubbly812 »

awww thats sucha cute pic. ^_^ keep up the good work. ill always be a big fan

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#255 Post by tuna_sushi »

a little bit of spoiler (?) I guess... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I feel like drawing.. and then "I'll draw a fanart of Kaius froom (P)lanets!"
I don't know why it turned to be like this...
Attachments
fanart.png