JustAnotherArtDumpage (Critiques please)

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: Have a Short Story? (became my art dumpage too)

#31 Post by Mink »

Man, there's a Luka rock album on Itunes I've been itching to buy...

Also, on Youtube, there's a song of Luka and Miku singing 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' by Starship. It's in English, but Miku actually sounds pretty good in this song. (Because normally trying to force Miku to sing in English sounds...not very good)

@JAM: (I know you said call you me, but I enjoy typing JAM >x>)

Well, one way I though about doing it was that you have to pick up the knife or the poison to get certain endings. If you don't get them, you miss any other endings that would require one of those items, like
stabbing the stepmother to death.
Didn't pick up that item? TOO BAD. >8|

And eh, I could show you the pics and we could compromise on her appearance.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#32 Post by JustAnotherMe »

SPICE!!! *nosebleed* (Just watched it on youtube... I like daughter of evil too!! From now on, I like LEN!)

@sunlit: It's not well-rounded... It's just that I haven't found my own style... :cry: But I'm sure through practicing, trial and error, someday I'd have my own. And I'm still seeing my pics to b rather boring, wth just plain colors and all. I've found a tutorial to coloring though, hopefully I can improve it to b *interesting*, and have some 'depth' into it. I still have a long wayyyy ^_^
For his lips: believe it or not... I'm tracing all the way... So the original pic is almost like this too...XP
And I'll try not to worry about my English too much... After all, YOU can understand what I say...right?

GREAT NEWS for me, at least..., I've found one that I'm interested in! It's in the thread you gave me!! But it's still.. long... Wtv, if I can't make a short one, I'll make a long one to b a REALITY!! I'm just waiting for the writer to give me his/her permission to make it into a game (and do some story-building while in it)
Hehehehe, as for vocaloid, sure. Don't get my demanding to make you write the story. :lol:

@Mink: Ooohh! I like it! JAM all the time!!! I'd even make my avatar to b a JAM!! ;p
From now on, I'd like to be called JAM. (It's easier than Me :))
I was thinking it could be:
you could do some various actions that could lead to different endings. And sure, you could choose your own way to *kill*, like maybe make d witch disabled by cutting her hands and feet, or maybe just make her blind or maybe getting on the good path by making 'good' choices that of course is too naive and would be a BAD choice ;^/. And maybe if you choose evil, you'll get a 'punishment' for being too evil XD
Btw, can I make a random sketch for Wendy from SYLM?? Kind of liking her ^_^

And hey, I want to ask. The idea in that thread, the 1 that I'd like to make, it seems that the author doesn't visit this forum anymore since August 2010. Soooo, what do you think? Can I use the idea? I'd probably b the one building d story though. Or is it that I can't use the idea? If the game is done and I write the credit goes to him, it'd b weird if I never got his approval, isn't it?
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#33 Post by Mink »

@Mink: Ooohh! I like it! JAM all the time!!! I'd even make my avatar to b a JAM!! ;p
From now on, I'd like to be called JAM. (It's easier than Me :))
I was thinking it could be:
you could do some various actions that could lead to different endings. And sure, you could choose your own way to *kill*, like maybe make d witch disabled by cutting her hands and feet, or maybe just make her blind or maybe getting on the good path by making 'good' choices that of course is too naive and would be a BAD choice ;^/. And maybe if you choose evil, you'll get a 'punishment' for being too evil XD
Oh, yeah, disabling her some way would work. Otherwise,
leaving her alive and perfectly fine would get you called out on leaving someone like her to basically go free and continue what she's doing.
Btw, can I make a random sketch for Wendy from SYLM?? Kind of liking her ^_^
Sure; it's always fun when other people draw your characters. Also, I know the feeling. Wednesday somehow ended up becoming my favorite character, even though it's not technically about her. <x<
And hey, I want to ask. The idea in that thread, the 1 that I'd like to make, it seems that the author doesn't visit this forum anymore since August 2010. Soooo, what do you think? Can I use the idea? I'd probably b the one building d story though. Or is it that I can't use the idea? If the game is done and I write the credit goes to him, it'd b weird if I never got his approval, isn't it?
Ehhhh...I don't know about where you live, but in the U.S. you can't copyright an idea, so I guess technically that wouldn't be wrong. I think it would be kind of weird, though.

*Website, yo*

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#34 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Don't worry, you'll eventually have your own style. I'm still trying to find my own as well....I wonder how it would be if I was still the type to draw everyday like in jr high and high school. And tutorials are always good. (But I rarely use them...since some of the tuts have different methods of doing things and I'm blanking out on which to do)

And I see...XD Yosh, I understand what you're saying.

As for the whole story idea thing. I'm sure you're allowed to use it since the thread itself is for people to put their ideas there for others to use if they like it. Of course you'd still have to give him credit for the original idea.

@ Mink Really? I think I'll give that song a listen when I get the chance. (As in when my lil sis isn't playing her music)
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#35 Post by JustAnotherMe »

So... I think I'm gonna change this thread to b just my own art dumpage. I've received a pm from the author, and heck, he was gonna make it into an rpg b4, but kindly enough to let me make it, and not just that, he even will make the whole story and the chara art. Butttt... sadly enough... I decided to turn it down even though I'm d one who asked him if I can make his story into a game. Why? First: I've got a reply from d one I asked to make a story, and she gave me 2 synopsis out of 5 stories. And 2. I think the story makes me interested. And 3. It's not as LONG of a story as d one from the thread... (Considering my spare time and skill...especially coding...) And 4. The 1 from the thread will need a HELLA lot of complicated BGs and CHARA and CODING... I just can't afford much spare time. And if I force this thing, it might b left wth 2 options; either turn out REAL bad, or will take FOREVER to b made...

Hehehehe, wth this, I officially close the (Have a short story?) thread into (JustAnotherArtDumpage) thread.

And hey! I'm working on lordcloudx's pic now! But I got a fever... so it'll take long... *COUGH*

@Mink: Go google it!! XD!!! I'm sooo liking your pp right now! Is it called profile picture or OC? What's OC mean? (dannnngggg...) Have u see The World is Mine by Len? My fav!

LOL I'll tell u if there's an idea for the story again. (It's mostly d way to torture or killing anyway... :twisted: )

I know I know!! Wendy is just... I don't know the right word... But I like her more. Hehehhe, gonna sketch her after lordcloudx's pic.

@sunlit: I'm sure u'll find yours one day too. I've tried d tutorial on lordcloudx's pic... turn out it's an EPIC FAIL... just wait for d pic with no anticipation...pls... (;_;)
I guess, for me at least, u can improve the way you're drawing if u could make enough spare time to practice. And if I could pinpoint the important things? It's to sketch and sketch and sketch and sketch. Wherever u go, just take a notebook or a small paper or even tissues if there's something u want to sketch. Either a funny people, a building, an interior, a scene. I guess it's the same wth people who likes to write. A tutorial is good if u already got the basic. (It's just my own way of learning to draw. I'm not an artist, drawing is just my hobby, so don't take it to your heart. Really. Sorry for sudden opinion). But u sure have your own talent. If it's not to draw, then don't take it to heart. Just focus on ur other talent then /(^3^)/ (Like writing? Hehehehe, can't wait for ur VN)

Thankyou both for answering all of my stupid questions. :D

@lordcloudx: Tataaaahhh!!! Sorry it's messy. I'm making this pic while I'm in fever. And I'm making this as my guinea pic for color learning...which turn out to b an epic fail Can u grasp the feeling though? I wanna draw their friendship, their awe for blackbird, their childhood dream and all. Maybe I failed after all... T_T And don't mind the blackbird... I'm a failure to make planes...
Hope u like it though!!! Could u guess who's who?? ^_^
Attachments
blackbird.jpg
0.3 second lunch

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Mink »

JustAnotherMe wrote:@Mink: Go google it!! XD!!! I'm sooo liking your pp right now! Is it called profile picture or OC? What's OC mean? (dannnngggg...) Have u see The World is Mine by Len? My fav!
I'm sure you could call it both an avatar and profile picture. And she is an OC, 'OC' usually standing for 'original character'. And have I watched that? I don't know; I end up getting distracted by that video of Miku fighting in The Matrix: Reloaded. (Actually, that picture was inspired by a different thread, but I just remembered 'Go Google It' is a Vocaloid song. /fail)
LOL I'll tell u if there's an idea for the story again. (It's mostly d way to torture or killing anyway... :twisted: )
I can write out possible alternate paths (I mean, like a list). I just kind of want this to stay at a certain amount, because I realize the different combinations could end up making this freakishly long. (To write and code, I mean. The story itself still shouldn't be all that long, but...)
I know I know!! Wendy is just... I don't know the right word... But I like her more. Hehehhe, gonna sketch her after lordcloudx's pic.
I believe the term for what Wendy may end up being is Ensemble Darkhorse. Be careful with that TvTropes link; it's easy to get lost on that site and next thing you know you have like 30 tabs open and have been there for over an hour.

*Website, yo*

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

Re: JustAnotherArtDumpage

#37 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Mink: ROLF :lol: I know that feeling! Annoyed when evryone asking while in fact they're just too lazy to google it.
What's that? Miku in Matrix?? I'm gonna watch it in youtube!
I can write out possible alternate paths (I mean, like a list). I just kind of want this to stay at a certain amount, because I realize the different combinations could end up making this freakishly long. (To write and code, I mean. The story itself still shouldn't be all that long, but...)
It's okayyy, making too many paths will end up making this thing lonnggg even if the story isn't THAT long... Focus on SYLM first!! I'm waiting!!
I believe the term for what Wendy may end up being is Ensemble Darkhorse. Be careful with that TvTropes link; it's easy to get lost on that site and next thing you know you have like 30 tabs open and have been there for over an hour.
I've ended up open about 15 or sth tabs and keep gasping and lolling all the time... *my stomach hurts now...thx to u... ;^/* :mrgreen: Maid RPG??

edit: I've finished your Wendy. Something is surely wrong with her feet... I must sleep now. Must sleep... Must...
Attachments
a pale Wendy
a pale Wendy
0.3 second lunch

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: JustAnotherArtDumpage

#38 Post by Mink »

JustAnotherMe wrote:@Mink: ROLF :lol: I know that feeling! Annoyed when evryone asking while in fact they're just too lazy to google it.
What's that? Miku in Matrix?? I'm gonna watch it in youtube!
Yeah, someone used MMD (MikuMikuDance) to animate her fighting as Neo. Kind of weird hearing The Matrix dubbed over in Japanese, though.
It's okayyy, making too many paths will end up making this thing lonnggg even if the story isn't THAT long... Focus on SYLM first!! I'm waiting!!
Well, I have a bit of writer's block (kind of; I know what I want to do, but not sure if I should do it that way or another), and writing something else could refresh my brain. Just to see how doing it a certain way would work, I realized that doing it a certain way would make like
eight different endings, which would include whether or not you abandon Harris, what you do to the witch, and what you do the stepmother. ...D8
I'm fairly certain doing it a different way I have in mind would cut that number at least in half, though.
I've ended up open about 15 or sth tabs and keep gasping and lolling all the time... *my stomach hurts now...thx to u... ;^/* :mrgreen: Maid RPG??
See, it's like a pit from which there's no return!
edit: I've finished your Wendy. Something is surely wrong with her feet... I must sleep now. Must sleep... Must...
Hm, yeah, the thing that's really off about her is the anatomy of her legs. I think her right shoulder is off a bit too, but as I don't have a tablet and suck at things involving the mouse, I can't attempt a redline for you. However, checking reference pictures of someone sitting in that sort of position could be helpful, along with drawing from life.

I know 'draw from life' is something often stated, but it's true; you'll improve faster and better by drawing what things really look like, if you don't already.

Also, convenient hand placement FTW!

*Website, yo*

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Re: JustAnotherArtDumpage (Critiques please)

#39 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

First of all to say something about Wendy's art. I sorta sit like that....only my feet are flat. I tried positioning myself the same way, and it made my foot very uncomfortable. So I made it flat, much better. And when it's flat, the knee is a little above my pit, but my shoulder is still above it height wise. (Okay enough of that)

That's good that you were able to get in touch. ^^ May things turn out well for the vn, so good luck!

As for sketching, I've been practicing making guys to get their anatomy right for when I eventually make sprites. (Note to self....make heads a little bigger....and fix shoulders/arms....) I tend to not carry things around due to being home most of the time. The time I'm out, is during class. Which means notes notes notes, no drawing. Next is that it's usually windy....which is really annoying. Can't do anything where I live. (But yeah....I'm much better at writing than drawing. XP)

Now you go rest!
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#40 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@HanaMori: Okay, here's HanaMori's request. I'm playing a bit with the color. Andd... turn out bad... At least not THAT bad... Hope u enjoy this little guy freezing!! :mrgreen:

@Mink: OmiGod... Miku... weird... in that Matrix @_@ But I LoLd!
Well, I have a bit of writer's block (kind of; I know what I want to do, but not sure if I should do it that way or another), and writing something else could refresh my brain. Just to see how doing it a certain way would work, I realized that doing it a certain way would make like
eight different endings, which would include whether or not you abandon Harris, what you do to the witch, and what you do the stepmother. ...D8
I'm fairly certain doing it a different way I have in mind would cut that number at least in half, though.
Hehehehe, you surely can do this! I know you can!!! But don't push yourself too much; let your ideas run wild!!! :lol:
I'm waiting for your projects!!
See, it's like a pit from which there's no return!
Yeah... There's no returning back now... T_T

And Wendy? Gawwwddd!!! I know it's her leg! Her feet!! And her right shoulder too?! omiGodd... I didn't use references when drawing Wendy, and kind of too lazy to google it XD
I'll try to look up for some!

@Sunlit: I tried to sit like her too... And it hurts me after 30 seconds... And you're right about her feet, it must b flat. And it ends up above my pit too. Oh gaaawwdd...

Uwahh... I guess it's hard to practice then. For me though, my teacher gave up when she taught my class and found i was drawing her... and she liked it... (It's chemistry. I just can't stand chemistry!! Don't b like me, kay?)

Yup! I slept!!...for 3 hours...XP
Attachments
I asked him to buy me sth at night when it's snowing outside, with no jacket at all!! XD
I asked him to buy me sth at night when it's snowing outside, with no jacket at all!! XD
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
0.3 second lunch

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#41 Post by TsukiShima »

JustAnotherMe wrote:@HanaMori: Okay, here's HanaMori's request. I'm playing a bit with the color. Andd... turn out bad... At least not THAT bad... Hope u enjoy this little guy freezing!!
Right, critique time! (Oh, I got those words from someone)

Either you believe it or not, I actually like your colors! You blended them pretty well to my eyes, and for a sketch too, I won't compare it to the other finished works. But really, this sketch is good, I'm able to feel the situation. In fact I feel so sorry for him now.

And you're really creative, if you ask me, Ruki's color which is green, is pretty hard to blend into some part. But the greens look so natural in your sketch, there's nothing wrong, and it fits the background.

I actually like how you made the snow falls down o__o They seem so beautiful.

Ughh, I'm no professional, your skills are much better than mine, therefore I won't comment a lot. Oh, nice and writing too. xD

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#42 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@HanaMori: Critique time!!! I really love this session!!

I really like torturing your little guy!! Bwahahaha!!!

Ugh... I really can't see my own work as beautiful as YOU said... (Tend to be pessimistic wth myself T_T) But I guess as you can see from my other past works, I thinkkk I've improved a bit in d color section. (/shot) It's bcoz of u!! :lol: U don't know??
I've found your reference link of how to color, that lead me to purplekecleon tutorial on DA. And look and look and learn and try and TADAH!!...even though it's nowhere near his...
And really, if u just practice from his tutorial, it's easy to do the blending and all (coz before, I just used only my brush to paint from scratch. Proven FAILED *_*) Even Ruki's color, it's easy to blend in d bg bcoz something called blend mode

And oh gaawwwddd... How it really make the world seems to make sense with just getting a little something called graphic tablet As for the sketch...It's really just my laziness and my failed attempt to be fast like you

But, really, thx very much for criticizing and complimenting my work. It really encourage me to keep practicing!! Even though I guess my next work will b done 2-3 days from now. Kind of busy T_T
0.3 second lunch

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#43 Post by lordcloudx »

@JustAnotherMe: The pic is great. It really captures the atmosphere of the story I wrote and I'm honored that you did fanart for it. Thank you!

From left to right, I'd say Joey, Jerry and Michael. Did I guess it right?
As a side note, the Blackbird is a real plane, btw. Here's a pic: http://www.carbonfibergear.com/wp-conte ... ckbird.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Celestine
Veteran

#44 Post by Celestine »

Could you draw Cheryl and Oswald from Azure Fantasia game?
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#45 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@lordcloudx: It's... actually Jerry, Joel, Michael...(/fail) @_@Whaaa-?? The real blackbird!!! (EPIC FAIL)

...T_T...

Gahahahaha!! :lol: What is it? What is it? (Running from facts) Thx really for liking this. And actually, I'm honored too for drawing a fan art for blackbird. You really picture that feeling really well so I can imagine and draw this.

@Celestine: OmyGod!!! Cheryl and Oswald!!! Oswalddd!!! Take me with you!!! (silly)
Hehehe, you're a fan too? Sorry Celestine, I just can't afford taking too many requests. I need to maintain my work, school and all. If u like to request, wait until I open another sketch requests, but I maybe will just open max 5 slots per stage, so you better run for it!! ^_^

Although I'm so sure to pm u if I'm planning to open it a day b4... And I think u must wait longer coz I'm a slowpoke...
0.3 second lunch