AKIRA!

For the rest of your otaku life.
Voight-Kampff
Veteran

AKIRA!

#1 Post by Voight-Kampff »

So Warner Bros finally green lit the live action Akira movie, huh?

http://kotaku.com/5852018/is-hollywood- ... -character

Now, it remains to be seen what they're gonna do with the property. But, based on who they're lining up to play the main roles, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this will not end well.

It'll probably end up somewhere between the live action Dragon Ball movie and the 1998 Godzilla movie.

Chorvaqueen
Regular
Projects: ID: Recollection

Re: AKIRA!

#2 Post by Chorvaqueen »

cry moar weebs

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#3 Post by Mink »

Chorva, I imagine most people's issue is Hollywood's fucking need to make anything foreign American. And everyone will be white, most likely.

BECAUSE AMERICA.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

J. Datie
Veteran

#4 Post by J. Datie »

Mink wrote:Chorva, I imagine most people's issue is Hollywood's fucking need to make anything foreign American. And everyone will be white, most likely.

BECAUSE AMERICA.
Nonsense, I'm sure they'll throw in Inevitable Black Gang Member. Diversity! It's OK to do it halfassed!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#5 Post by Mink »

Lol, that video; it's like the creator is psychic. But we never know, it may be a good movie on its own merit!

And maybe pigs will fly. Taking up into the sky to avoid being delicious, delicious bacon and ham. Mmm...
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#6 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Oh man, how old is this news? I always thought that a live action Akira movie would be terrible, just like Speed Racer in 2008 and Dragonball Evolution in 2009. They're just so terrible it hurts D:

Despite all this, Hollywood will still probably make a pretty penny on this. Whitewash it enough till it's unrecognizable and sell it to the general masses as a classic Japanese story "retooled for Western audiences." It'll trick a few poor saps out of their money and time, and then it'll be another thing to laugh and scorn at a few years afterwards (that is, if it gets out of development hell for real).
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website