That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles [Otome/BakeSim]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Re: [GXB] That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#16 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

@ Ryurieri Beware of when you use those words. For if there will be consequences. (As in a whole bunch of girls posting their personal likes of how a guy looks and the suggestions are different from each other for each character)

I can't really suggest anything about how they look, but I'll think of a tiny thing for each of them.

Elise: Hmm, since she's a baker wouldn't it be natural for her to have short hair or to have something to hold her hair back if it's long enough? Like a ponytail, bow, headband, barrettes, etc. I'm sure you'll think of something.

Terry: Since she's the ultra cute girl...for her neko love...a kitty bag? (I say kitty bag since she'd most likely wear lolita clothes)

Santos: Hmm...pet turtles...business...cooks...I can only think of button up shirt with cuffs that have buttons. (They're very useful when you roll up the sleeves than button it up when you're cooking and cleaning)

Renee: Earrings. Not pearls or those hoop types. But pretty ones that are about medium size I guess? Not too long not too stubby? That's all I can think for her.

Aaron: Layers! A zip up sweater over a shirt or wife beater. (Or whatever else guys wear...and I still wonder why they calls those things wife beaters)

Xavier: Hmm....short ponytail maybe? A necklace? Not sure about him.

Joshua: Don't know actually. Only thing I can think of is him not wearing anything sleeveless.

Alfonse: All I can say is cute! Cuuuuuuute~

Ahem. *goes back to normal* As you can see, I can't really "fully picture them". I'm not the one who knows every detail about them and their preferences. It is the group who's making the game. ^^

Once their looks are decided, I'm pretty everyone will be satisfied and pleased as to how they turned out. So good luck!
ImageImageImageImage

Ryurieri
Projects: That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

#17 Post by Ryurieri »

@Sunlit-Dreamer
Heh XD Don't worry. I pretty much have a basic idea of how I want them to look like but I opened for suggestions for some inspiration (since I'm stuck on certain characters) or to improve them (to make them look less boring). Note "but I can't promise you I'll be using all of them though".
I like what you suggested for the characters and I really did think of making Elise wear a ponytail haha. Thanks :D

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#18 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

That's good. The artist (or writer...or both) should always have a least some sort of picture inside their mind for how they want the characters to look in general. And I remember the note, so I'm curious to see which characters will stick to how they were originally designed after all the suggestions are read.

And yay my suggestions make sense. (I wonder if there'll be anyone who'll put tons of details?)
ImageImageImageImage

Mild Curry
Regular
Projects: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#19 Post by Mild Curry »

*guys, just so you know this is going to be the best game ever and you are going to love it SO MUCH trust me*

-grabs cookie and scurries off-

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#20 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:Xavier: Hmm....short ponytail maybe? A necklace? Not sure about him.
... A ponytail? Seriously? No way, babe. It's gotta be a fedora. And it's gonna be the most badass fedora ever for a hipster.

Anyhow, Ryurieri and I have discussed some specific details for each character already. She also finished sketching Terry's concept art, so here it is.
Concept art for Terry by Ryurieri
Concept art for Terry by Ryurieri
And now for a programming update! Mild Curry got the selection screen for choosing what to make for the day going, and Funnyguts is working on the part where the goods are sold to the customers. It's looking pretty amazing so far! :D

As for what I'm doing, I'm researching the average prices of raw ingredients and whatnot.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#21 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Oooh fedora sounds even better. (Like I said didn't know about him. XD)

And I'm loving Terry's design! I showed it to my little sister who LOVES lolita dresses. She said if she could she'd wear it herself. (Big compliment considering she's extremely picky with clothes)

Also good to be accurate concerning prices with food. (Since who knows someone might search up the food and want to try making it themselves)
ImageImageImageImage

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#22 Post by Aiurax »

I was so inspired by this game that I actually baked a cake. I love games to do with food :]

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#23 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:And I'm loving Terry's design! I showed it to my little sister who LOVES lolita dresses. She said if she could she'd wear it herself. (Big compliment considering she's extremely picky with clothes)
You should be complementing Ryurieri, not me. *has no artistic talent le sob*
Aiurax wrote:I was so inspired by this game that I actually baked a cake. I love games to do with food :]
Was it a cake shaped like a kitty? <3 I hope you're looking forward to the final game! BTW, I checked out your game and saw a Egyptian pirate fanatic. That's so cool *_*

(major?) Update time! After yelling combinations of his name and various last names to see if they sounded alright some deep meditation, I finally picked out a surname for Santos. From this day forth, he shall be known to all as Santos Rivera. Also, I am slowly but surely getting script typed up. You can blame my AP classes for taking away time from working on this game >_>
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Ryurieri

#24 Post by Ryurieri »

Alright people,
Here are some more sketches :D
We have Elise and Joshua this time.
Attachments
Concept art for Joshua
Concept art for Joshua
Concept art for Elise
Concept art for Elise

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#25 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Oooh, Joshua looks so cute Ryurieri! I think I'll pursue him second. Maybe, still have yet to see the other guys after all. XD

And I want Elise's outifit, it's so cuuuuuuute~ And comfy! I wonder what colors they'll be.
ImageImageImageImage

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#26 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:Oooh, Joshua looks so cute Ryurieri! I think I'll pursue him second. Maybe, still have yet to see the other guys after all. XD
Why am I so sadface when you say stuff like that? :( If Alfonse wasn't bishie, would you still pursue him? You always have to factor in personality when you decide to chase an obtainable. Well, Josh is a pretty cool guy anyways, s-so... *blushes*

Twinturtle Games Website

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#27 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Alfonse is still number one on my pursue list! (Thus why Josh for now is 2, bwuahaha) And looks don't matter to me really. XP I loooooooooove the sweet and innocent, younger type of guys~ They're just so dang adorable when the way they talk and react to things differently from older guys. (If you asked my friends they'd immediately tell you "The youngest one" or "The nice guy".)

I wonder why my preferences are like that....oh well who cares Alfonse I shall be going after you~ Hmm I wonder how he'll talk since he's polite. =3

Hmm, can't think of anything else to say. (Except that I might kidnap Alfonse. *whistling, holding rope behind back*)
ImageImageImageImage

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#28 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Sunlit-Dreamer wrote:Hmm, can't think of anything else to say. (Except that I might kidnap Alfonse. *whistling, holding rope behind back*)
Kidnap Al? Go ahead and feel free to take the piano-playing doormat kid off my hands, he's a pain to write. Since this game doesn't take place in Japan, I can't really use the honorifics to show respect. I'm therefore reduced to using words like "Miss," "sir," "m'am," which for some reason ticks me off :| Eh, I'll manage.

Twinturtle Games Website

Ryurieri

#29 Post by Ryurieri »

@Sunlit Dreamer
Thanks! Glad you like them.
It seems we have the same pursue list hehehehe
come here innocent cute boys~

Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular
Projects: Best friends and something more(GxB)

#30 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

I just, like, had to answer on this game. This is just... perfect ^^!Everything is. The logo, mascot, guys(I ADORE baking)so I'll be stalking you for this xD.
*sloooooooowly eats cookie ^^*