Controlled Chaos; or, Second Origins (demo up to Ch 8)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#16 Post by Watercolorheart »

Ah! Okay!

Well, anyway, I know people poke around in the game folder so they can very easily access the images there.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'

#17 Post by Watercolorheart »

I fixed the bugs and whatnot.

Remember, when downloading, simply change download.php to CC.zip and it will work fine.

It is not a virus. :P.
Attachments
CC.zip
(3.93 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
yukinareel.png
(249.5 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by monele »

Oh cool, pictures :D. I didn't understand you would post further versions right away ^^.

On the topic of the vocabulary data bank : nicely implemented except that I felt the lack of reference (Word, adj. : definition). I know I just clicked on the word but somehow I wasn't sure what the definitions I was reading were for once on the new screen.
I'd suggest using a less flashy color for links in the final version ^^.
And about the definitions themselves : sometimes I felt even more confused after reading them ^^;. Given they're rather complex topics, it's understandable though ^^;

(oh and of course I still like what I'm reading ^^. Really wondering where this is going)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Watercolorheart »

monele wrote:Oh cool, pictures :D. I didn't understand you would post further versions right away ^^.

On the topic of the vocabulary data bank : nicely implemented except that I felt the lack of reference (Word, adj. : definition). I know I just clicked on the word but somehow I wasn't sure what the definitions I was reading were for once on the new screen.
I'd suggest using a less flashy color for links in the final version ^^.
And about the definitions themselves : sometimes I felt even more confused after reading them ^^;. Given they're rather complex topics, it's understandable though ^^;

(oh and of course I still like what I'm reading ^^. Really wondering where this is going)
I felt that way writing them. :P. Maybe I need someone to help me write definitions, are you by any chance volunteering yourself? ^_^

I have no idea how to change the color of the hyperlinks, I can't even place the text window at the top without the definitions completely disappearing. D: ... I'll have to nag PyTom for the 300th time about design elements, I suppose. Darn newfangled Ren'Py!

I have a good idea where it's going, but I'm debating changing 1 plot element, and it's causing me a fair amount of thought. It wouldn't matter either way to new CC fans, but the old ones would catch it, and I want to keep this one character "in-character".

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

Voice Acting

#20 Post by Watercolorheart »

VOICE-ACTING

Is there anyone here who voices that they can voice Yukina or Bion?

The only requirement is a microphone.

I got my old voiceactor back for Matthew, Lucien Dodge back, but in the meantime, I lost my old one for young Yukina because I can't find a way to contact her ... her e-mail address is bouncing, and she hasn't logged into DeviantArt for weeks.

So, for that reason, is there anyone here willing to do Yukina who can either fake a slight Japanese accent or actually has one?

As for Bion, his voice I don't have any sort of expectations for, really. I can add in the "robot" filters later.

If anyone is interested, just pick any character, any line from the game, and send it to me in an e-mail.

If you don't feel like looking for one, just pick one from the list below:

[age of 9] "Yukina" "What?! My name is Yukina! You know that!”"

[age of 4] "Yukina" "Mommy, I said it was going to be gone, b-b-but we still went and now it’s gone and happened anyway … "

"Kaede Atagawa, Mother" “It‘s not gone, my little sweetheart, and Mommy needs to get going or Mommy will be late for work."

"Bion" "The technicians don’t want you — and I quote — ‘jumping around and putting a strain on your systems,’ end quote."

"Colonel Mustard [?]/Officer" "My designation isn’t important; but you can call me Colonel Mustard."

There's also minor characters like "Interviewer" and "Someone" and "Someone else" but my usual take on these things is simply to take one person already voice-acting someone else

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by monele »

So there will be voice acting too ! This is getting better and better ^^... Ah if only I didn't have a french accent, I'd try this ^^;

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Watercolorheart »

It'll only have voice-acting provided I can get enough people sending me sound clips so I can pick them. :(

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#23 Post by PyTom »

You may also want to ask around on boards devoted to fandubbing. They exist, and some are quite good. (From the little of it I've heard last time I researched this issue.)

Fandubbing artists probably also have reasonably high-quality audio setups, one would think.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Watercolorheart »

Hmm, do you know of any links? I know that there was one that Lucien Dodge used to frequent, but I lost the link ...

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#25 Post by PyTom »

I personally, haven't looked into that community for quite some time. But wikipedia has a reasonable article on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_voice_acting

Complete with information about communities that exist. I know little to nothing about the ettiquite on those boards.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

#26 Post by Alessio »

I'd be willing to help out, if this project is likely to see the light of day. :) Are you planning to make a full-length VN, or just a partial voice-over? I'll pm you my lines next week, I should have some time then.

GorillaKick
Regular

#27 Post by GorillaKick »

I have been wanting to get into voice acting. The only problem is that I don't have a microphone.
If liars make promises, then I'm a master craftsman.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Watercolorheart »

I have no plans for the length of it, it is a linear visual novel and it will take whatever amount of time it takes me to tell the story coherently ...

Pytom: I think I'd be too embarassed to post on a huge VA forum, don't ask me why D: ... they'd probably think my project was underdeveloped or something.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Watercolorheart »

I ...... I went ahead and updated it, it has one set of sprites colored by StickofJapanese, and a little bit of voice-acting ....

It's not much, but I did finish writing Chapter Two at my usual breakneck pace lately.
Attachments
_Controlled Chaos.zip
(10.84 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by DaFool »

Voice acting! OMG. Whose voices, or do they prefer to remain anonymous?

I haven't gotten a chance to go through this latest file, though, but from what I've seen so far its coming along very smoothly!

Keep up the good work. :)