(P)lanets 2 - the life of happiness has started! [otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: (P)lanets 2 - the life of happiness has started! [otome]

#16 Post by teacup »

Thank you very much for the support, everyone!! (*´ω`*)
Mikah [purple hair guy] is most popular so far... hehe, didn't expect that XD
I promise to put up more sprites soon. Most of them are done, just need color !

Also, I have a question. Do you guys think I should use the same backgrounds from the first game? Some people said the old backgrounds looked low quality… but since it’s set in the same school, would it be weird if I found better backgrounds?

Anyway… here are some new things I’m hoping to include.
Longer game – The game will cover an entire year so there will be more events like Halloween, Christmas, spring festivals, ect ect. More endings too (at least 3 for each guy)
Use the heroine’s psych – A button that allows you to see the aura of whoever Rinko is talking to. There will be a guide that shows you what each aura color means. The guide will fill up with more information the more Rinko goes to her psychic class… that is, if she chooses to go to class!
Cellphone system – You can receive texts from guys and stuff once you get their number.
And lots more secret stuff. I hope it can be awesome XD
A quick question though: Is big bro obtainable? o.o
I was wondering when someone would ask. As for the answer, maybe... maybe not ;D /evil laugh

PockieHoshi
Regular

#17 Post by PockieHoshi »

About the backgrounds,I think you should use the backgrounds from the first game =).
It's set in the same school so that would make more sense.Besides,they weren't even that low-quality anyway xD

On a side note,all those new FEATURES sound awesome >o<!
Now I can't wait even more 8D!

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#18 Post by poppyrocks »

aaaaaaah I can't wait XD!!

SOUNDS SO AWESOMEE (Y)!

lazykitsune

#19 Post by lazykitsune »

Oh yay, I was happy when I saw this thread! C: I enjoyed the first one, and I'm very excited for this one, especially after reading the features. Good luck! <3 /stalks thread

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#20 Post by Snow Blossom »

Underwent an immediate expression change as soon as I saw this: :-| --> :D :D :D
Those new features sound so fun! I'll be keeping a close eye on this!!

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#21 Post by Dakishimete »

So... she can choose to go to class or spend her time doing something else, but that means her psyche will be ''weaker'' (well, it'll be the same, but we won't know colours meaning; works only while playing first, though, but I still like it). I wonder if other activities are going to be profitable too.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#22 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

SilverxBlue wrote:I shall now call dibs on that cute red/browned-haired megane. :twisted:
No~! How can you call dibs on a guy whose name you can't even remember?! Hitomi-sama-senpai is mine!

Looks great so far, and the ability to actually utilize your psych will add lots of depth to the game. Holiday events are always fun, and I like the idea of receiving texts from the bishies guys. So far my favorite characters have to be Hitomi and Mikah with his lavender hair :3
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#23 Post by tuna_sushi »

I'm so waiting for this! I loved the 1st (P)lanets game !!!
I'll be waiting!!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by try10 »

OMG another game! You are so GREAT! I Love Hitomi :D He is so CUTE!( He wears GLASSES hehehe) :)

HEAR ME HITOMI_SAN!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! :oops: :D

Kahtita

#25 Post by Kahtita »

The picture is looking good! I'm glad you've colored it.

I'm totally into Yusa, i knew he was the mysterious guy. :P

I love the new features AND i think you should use the old backgrounds, because i think they were pretty good. Who said they look low quality?

I'm looking forward to this game!!

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#26 Post by NatsukiDeath »

The title Is so Pretty! :D

I can't wait~

Exciting and Promising!~~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#27 Post by Camille »

Looking forward to this! n_n They all look cute but I think Nemu and Yusa intrigue me the most, hehe. Mikah is definitely the best-looking, though. ouo!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#28 Post by SilverxBlue »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:
SilverxBlue wrote:I shall now call dibs on that cute red/browned-haired megane. :twisted:
No~! How can you call dibs on a guy whose name you can't even remember?! Hitomi-sama-senpai is mine!
It doesn't matter! Hitomi-senpai is mine!
Nah... I'm willing to share him with fellow megane-lovers. ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#29 Post by teacup »

Thanks guys!! <3
Really, I didn’t plan to make a sequel of this, but I’m all about pleasing others so that’s why I changed my mind… I’m glad now that I decided to continue this story ^^
I'll have at least two more sprites up tomorrow, planning to do some work on them tonight. ^-^ [College leaves no time for anything! ;A;]
Dakishimete wrote:So... she can choose to go to class or spend her time doing something else, but that means her psyche will be ''weaker'' (well, it'll be the same, but we won't know colours meaning; works only while playing first, though, but I still like it). I wonder if other activities are going to be profitable too.
I’m still working on the idea, but that's basically it. The times you can choose where the heroine goes, you will be given the option to skip class (most of the time). It'll affect her grades (negatively) but it may also raise relationships with someone who happens to be skipping too. Or you could even invite someone to skip with you... I'm trying to give the player more freedom with what they choose to do. ^^
Kahtita wrote:I love the new features AND i think you should use the old backgrounds, because i think they were pretty good. Who said they look low quality?
There were two or three comments that the backgrounds looked bad and didn’t fit the sprites D:
I was really surprised to hear that since I thought they were good. I guess I’ll just keep the same ones though, for consistency. XD

And as a random comment, I found the perfect song to use as the opening again. I'm getting way ahead of myself XD

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#30 Post by kersplode »

....OHHH. ever since the topic started I was like, "whaaat, megane is your brother!?" good thing I just figured that out. xD

a few of the old bgs were a bit pixelly, but nothing a little filter magic can't fix~ did you get them from a site? I'd like to fool around with them a bit.