MiniBot! Looking for Feedback!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: MiniBot! Looking for Feedback!

#16 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

This is tooo cuteee <3
I figured out how to play this when I already played this for 5-10 min
OTL and I waste my time on doing something not important xD
but oh well *A* I like this! /o/
cute cute cute everywhere~~

Erisau

#17 Post by Erisau »

It's kind of a grind after a while. Unless I'm not playing it right.
~Eri

Dream9
Regular
Completed: MiniBot
Projects: Ah! Peku

#18 Post by Dream9 »

badspeler wrote:It's a great concept and it was fun when it started but after a while I stopped playing because it became more of a chore to harvest the plants and mix the smoothies and merge the bots. Still, the bots are so cute and I did enjoy dressing them up- I wish I didn't have to redesign him every time though... And thanks for leaving your code in it will be so educational for me...

BTW I downloaded this from deviantart before I even saw the post here, so I probably played the old version...
Thanks for the feedback! ^_^ Yeah, you must have played the older version, because I changed the dress up system in the newer one: Now the items stick with it as it grows up. I also added an "Auto-mix" button, to help speed up the "grinding". I'm glad you enjoyed it, nonetheless!

Yup! Feel free to browse the code... good luck following it though. Since it was my first game, it's pretty much entirely built on condition switches, variables, and if statements... I'm sure there's easier ways to do things, haha.

:)

Dream9
Regular

#19 Post by Dream9 »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:This is tooo cuteee <3
I figured out how to play this when I already played this for 5-10 min
OTL and I waste my time on doing something not important xD
but oh well *A* I like this! /o/
cute cute cute everywhere~~
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it ^_^ Yeah... but sometimes its more fun trying to figure out how to play it on your own :D

Dream9
Regular

#20 Post by Dream9 »

tuna_sushi wrote:This game is so cute!
very unique, too!
The girl robots always have bad rumors
Haha, thank you so much! I might attempt to make another minibot game sometime in the far future... Only, the characters would have full out dialogue and a story! Some of the rumors could come true, lol.

Dream9
Regular

#21 Post by Dream9 »

Erisau wrote:I love the cute art style and how it contrasts with the " become the most powerful robot" premise.
Also, the atmosphere of the game is awesomely creepy. The music really gets me thinking that this isn't just a cutesy game for some reason.
All the messages are cute, but the music...*shudders*. Well, I think that's a good thing!
I'll probably have more to say after I finish it.
Yes, it's a bit of a grind... maybe if I make a sequel I'll find a way to make it less of one. I'm glad you like it ^_^ I didn't really have much planned for this game when I first started, which is why it might be a bit of a let down when you come up with all these conspiracy theories such as the creepy music, lol. If I do end up fixing it up or making a sequel, It'll definitely have a more in depth story to it.

madderthanhatters

#22 Post by madderthanhatters »

Looks really good but...

...no Linux version? *Sad penguin*

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#23 Post by cosmo »

Hi!
Is there a possibility for you to make a Linux version and upload it?
The thing is: There is a chance that your game won't be playable anymore for Linux if newer Ren'Py versions will come out.
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

NickelBuckle9
Regular
Projects: Ah! Peku, Pokemon Trainer Game (untitled)

#24 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

madderthanhatters wrote:
cosmo wrote:

Hey ^^ Yeah, no problem! I'll try to package and upload the linux version... lets see...

Ahh... actually I need all the pictures, so I need to wait until Christmas break and do it from my home computer, not my laptop >_>
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Ru9-vlic
(Check video details for download links)
http://nickel-buckle-9.deviantart.com/

PrettieAngel
Regular
Projects: Aurora Spirit

#25 Post by PrettieAngel »

I wasn't so sure about this game at first but when I tried it out, I thought it was pretty neat! It did take me quite a while to get the hang of though, and I don't know whether that's because I'm just a bit slow in that area, but it really did feel like the instructions were a bit lacking in actual guidance. The art is really cute and I'm a sucker for things that allow customisation, so that aspect really appealed to me. MegaBot's smile is a bit creepy but maybe that was intentional. XD
I successfully merged with MegaBot after 19 generations and completed all the challenges, except for the fruit collecting. :D

Spoiler in-coming:
I especially liked how the Crown and the Brown Feather had functions when worn. I found out the feather by myself but had to refer to the disk for the Crown. Both helped with progress significantly, it seemed! It also mentions in the Disk that after completing the game, you get one of three ribbons but it seems I got all three. Is that the thing you needed more research for, or a possible error?
If I can make some suggestions, it might be good to put a more obvious "Options" or "Save" button in the game, rather than just relying on the player pressing Esc. key. While I'm fairly familiar with Ren'Py, is still took a while for me to find these two.
I think a message letting the player know that they've successfully merged Watts with another robot might be good. I don't know if I was the only one with this problem and maybe it's just me, seeing as nobody else has brought it up, but I didn't realise I had succeeded in merging as I expected something else to happen and thought something was wrong. It wasn't until I checked my stats again that I realised it had actually worked.
Another slight annoyance was my tendency to click the "Main Menu" button unintentionally. Luckily I downloaded the version with the choice so I didn't have to constantly restart but it was a bit irritating that I never seemed to get rid of the habit since it interrupted game play and made things take a bit longer than they should have. Perhaps you could make it smaller for your next game or change the placement, as previously mentioned?

It did get a bit repetitive later on in the game but I didn't think it was too bad, considering how long it, and I liked working towards the challenges. In my opinion, over all it was an enjoyable game! Quite a clever and different approach to Ren'Py, as well.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by gas »

HI! I've played your game AND REALLY ENJOYED!!! Well...maybe too much.
This is my "fan" effort. In fact I'm REDRAWING everything from scratch with some BG art, just fur fun, but results are cute. How about a "new edition"? The code could be the same, I think is perfect (you can read this as "Please, I beg you! Let me contribute some way!")
Attachments
g15559.png
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

NickelBuckle9
Regular

#27 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

gas wrote:HI! I've played your game AND REALLY ENJOYED!!! Well...maybe too much.
This is my "fan" effort. In fact I'm REDRAWING everything from scratch with some BG art, just fur fun, but results are cute. How about a "new edition"? The code could be the same, I think is perfect (you can read this as "Please, I beg you! Let me contribute some way!")
AHHHH! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! <3 <3 <3

I was considering make a redo, and this just made my day! <3 <3 <3

I would absolutely love to collab with you to make a new and improved version!
omg, I love you. haha
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by gas »

DAMN I'M REALLY GLAD...I can send you some proxies/concepts I was working on?
Let's keep in touch, your game fit perfectly for my vectors!
I'm from Italy, so sorry for bad timing... I'll send you my address via PM, and I'm also on DeviantArt, too!
Attachments
sampler.jpg
items.jpg
cast.jpg
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

shanie019
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#29 Post by shanie019 »

D'aww I just finished the game within 7 generations XD Completed all the challenges as well!
While it is a cute fun game to play there's always feedback!
When merging watts it was quite repetitive since I have to click all over and over again just to find the perfect match (higher than my bots' watts) to gain a higher amount of watts. There should've been more variation than just making smoothies & selling them; Merging watts...it all seems to repetitive.
Maybe the dream was just all that? :/ Actually I was aiming for more XD
If you make a sequel; Add more ingredients for the smoothies!! XDDD Like Blueberries! Chocolates! Peaches! Mangoes! Bananas! and such!
Hello! I don't have anything to say in my signature. Hahaha.

NickelBuckle9
Regular

#30 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

shanie019 wrote:D'aww I just finished the game within 7 generations XD Completed all the challenges as well!
While it is a cute fun game to play there's always feedback!
When merging watts it was quite repetitive since I have to click all over and over again just to find the perfect match (higher than my bots' watts) to gain a higher amount of watts. There should've been more variation than just making smoothies & selling them; Merging watts...it all seems to repetitive.
Maybe the dream was just all that? :/ Actually I was aiming for more XD
If you make a sequel; Add more ingredients for the smoothies!! XDDD Like Blueberries! Chocolates! Peaches! Mangoes! Bananas! and such!
Thank you for the feedback! That's a good suggestion, and yeah, it's definitely not the most fun game. I need to work on a better system for some things. Thank you!
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *