Starlight Vega (Yuri,Fantasy,Romance,Commercial)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Starlight Vega (Yuri,Fantasy,Romance,Commercial)

#1 Post by Razz »

After moving into her grandfathers old house, Aria and Melody accidentally unleash the flirtatious demon, Lyria, who spent the past fifty years in a stone. A yuri visual novel with romantic routes and different endings based on your in-game choices.

Aria Reid: The protagonist. She and her family just recently moved into her grandfathers creepy old house, which she isn't happy about.

Melody Rococo: Aria's best friend and classmate. She is very smart, but also rather shy, worrying about what others think of her. She
gets a bit jealous of Lyria's flirtations and starts to notice her own feelings towards Aria.

Lyria: A demon who spent the past 50 years trapped in a stone. She is eccentric, flirtatious and somewhat of a mystery. The human
world intrigues her and she can often act very childish. She rarely hesitates in terms of romance or voicing her dislike of things.

Scherza: Current Queen of the demon realm. She has a very icy personality and little like for humans.

Sid: Sid is a small Wyvern and Lyria's familiar. He takes a quick liking to Melody, who is a stark contrast to his master's brainless and hasty nature.

Ms. Reid: A hardworking single schoolteacher.

Silas Reid: Aria's grandfather who died several years ago. He practiced magic and was the one who trapped Lyria in a stone.
Play the Demo! For Windows, MAC, and Linux

------------------------
SV_GUI.jpg
-----------------------

• 3 GirlxGirl Romance-based routes
    Endings based on your in-game choices (including a harem end)
    A multitude of expressions and poses for each sprite
    An original soundtrack
    CG Art Gallery and extra content
    DRM free

Sprites: 98% (just a few expressions)
Backgrounds:100%
Script: 85%
Music: 75%
CGs: 80% (Just finishing up)

For additional news and daily posting:
TWITTER
https://twitter.com/StarlightVega
TUMBLR
http://starlightvega.tumblr.com/

Art and story: Razz
Co-writer:Raithfyre
Musician:Geoff Moore
Programmer:Kyle Tyner
Proofreader: Roxie
GUI: KingV

Demo coding: netravelr
Sprite colors by Izukwon
Top logo by Konett

-----------------------

Looking for thoughts, comments, etc. Thanks for looking~ :P
Last edited by Razz on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 28 times in total.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Starlight Vega (Character and BG art up)

#2 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm not really a fan of yuri, but I like the arts, background, and for now, the protagonist. She seems to be 'my type'. You seem to be very creative of their names as well, I truly like their names. I hope this project will go well, I would be interested to play it in the future.

Also, maybe you should write (GXG) in the title? It might attract more fans for your game. Just a friendly suggestion.

salis
Regular
Projects: Too many~!

#3 Post by salis »

This looks very promising! I’m actually not a person who enjoys playing same gender relationships either, but I’m still really excited for this game. Your art is simply gorgeous! The characters have such interesting personalities and you've really captured that in their designs. And claps for this being your first VN! Any chance you'll put up a short summary of the story? Or will we discover that on our own when playing it?

Also, since you said you're primarily a comic artist, I'd really love to read your comics now! You wouldn't happen to have your art posted anywhere online, would you? Please share if you do! :D
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#4 Post by Mink »

HanaMori wrote:Also, maybe you should write (GXG) in the title? It might attract more fans for your game. Just a friendly suggestion.
Oddly enough, that does the exact OPPOSITE for me, making me think the focus is going to be, "LESBIANS R SO HAWT, U GAIZ!!11!" I have similar feelings toward anything labelled 'BxB'. 8|

*Ahem* On topic, I have to say, your art is really nice and I love the amount of detail.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#5 Post by Deji »

Your art is lovely <3
good luck with it, I'll be looking forward to this ^__^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#6 Post by Razz »

HanaMori wrote:I'm not really a fan of yuri, but I like the arts, background, and for now, the protagonist. She seems to be 'my type'. You seem to be very creative of their names as well, I truly like their names. I hope this project will go well, I would be interested to play it in the future.

Also, maybe you should write (GXG) in the title? It might attract more fans for your game. Just a friendly suggestion.
Thank you! It makes me glad to hear you like the names! :P And i'm also glad you're interested in playing it!

That's a good idea
salis wrote:This looks very promising! I’m actually not a person who enjoys playing same gender relationships either, but I’m still really excited for this game. Your art is simply gorgeous! The characters have such interesting personalities and you've really captured that in their designs. And claps for this being your first VN! Any chance you'll put up a short summary of the story? Or will we discover that on our own when playing it?

Also, since you said you're primarily a comic artist, I'd really love to read your comics now! You wouldn't happen to have your art posted anywhere online, would you? Please share if you do! :D
Thank you very much for the super nice comments! I'm glad you have an interest despite not usually being into same-sex stories. And haha i spent about 15 minutes trying to make a decent summary and gave up. ._. I'll definitely get one together in the future though.

I have two comics and they're being released in 2012 :mrgreen:
Mink wrote: Oddly enough, that does the exact OPPOSITE for me, making me think the focus is going to be, "LESBIANS R SO HAWT, U GAIZ!!11!" I have similar feelings toward anything labelled 'BxB'. 8|

*Ahem* On topic, I have to say, your art is really nice and I love the amount of detail.
Kind of curious if you think the same when they say gxb/bxg

Thanks!
Deji wrote:Your art is lovely <3
good luck with it, I'll be looking forward to this ^__^
Awesome, thank you. Hope you'll enjoy it when i get a demo out :P

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#7 Post by Mink »

Razz wrote:
Mink wrote: Oddly enough, that does the exact OPPOSITE for me, making me think the focus is going to be, "LESBIANS R SO HAWT, U GAIZ!!11!" I have similar feelings toward anything labelled 'BxB'. 8|

Kind of curious if you think the same when they say gxb/bxg
It makes me think the 'plot' will take a backseat to the "get the boy/girl" aspect. To me saying that it has romanceable characters and just showing that they're girls/boys is better than slapping on the label GxG/BxB/BxG/GxB/Yaoi/Yuri/etc. But I digress and your mileage may vary on that.
Thanks!
No problem~ I admire anyone who puts that much time into their artwork.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#8 Post by Zatch »

I like what I see! :D Yay more yuri games! I love the background and character design.

I wish you good luck! Try to have fun with it! *stalks*

Arcanum
Veteran

#9 Post by Arcanum »

Omg yes. Your art is incredible, not only the sprites but the backgrounds are GORGEOUS. It sounds really fun in terms of plot and characters, Lyria is… *g* EXCELLENT. One of my favorite types. Plus, the heroine is headstrong, I like that <3 It's hard to come across a likeable FMC… There isn't much about her yet, but it looks promising. I'm definitely anxious for it!

bellice
Veteran

#10 Post by bellice »

The art is AMAZING. I love it. I love yuri.

...I think I love you.

Endorphin
Veteran

#11 Post by Endorphin »

Yuri. <3
Finally one of these games. :>
[GirlxGirl is so cute. x3]

And the art is gorgeous!

Also... LYRIA!! ♥___♥
/falls in love.

Can't wait for an update. <3

- Ryouko

Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

#12 Post by Boniae »

HOLYCRAP ASDFGHJKL;!!!
*Ahem* Sorry, I had an um...cough. XD

Wow. Just wow. You're art...is like...a delicious ice cream cone I've been wanting for like 3 months now, but better.
Personally I like Yuri, if done tastefully. And to be honest I think your project is all tasteful so it's totally stalker material for me! -Gets ready to stalk your project-

Keep up the fabulous work on your extremely promising project! ^^

(And yes, I'm totally fangirling over Lyria, if you were wondering. X'D)

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#13 Post by Tag- »

Wow, this looks to be an interesting project, and your art is gorgeous~ The backgrounds in particular are quite stunning. I'll be looking forward to this project. :D

P.S. I'd be happy to volunteer as a colourist if you need one :D
PM me if needed

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#14 Post by Fawn »

Aaahh I love it already @A@ Lyria is so sexy~ I'm interested in being a colorist! I'm very versatile :)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#15 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Mink wrote:
HanaMori wrote:Also, maybe you should write (GXG) in the title? It might attract more fans for your game. Just a friendly suggestion.
Oddly enough, that does the exact OPPOSITE for me, making me think the focus is going to be, "LESBIANS R SO HAWT, U GAIZ!!11!" I have similar feelings toward anything labelled 'BxB'. 8|

That seems like an odd reaction ^_^' It's like assuming all Sci-fi stories will have spaceships. They are just labels for caterorgisation, nothing more. It's better than surprising people when it happens to come up. I would hope that most people would at least read the synopsis before judging a game, since it is a bit closed minded to do otherwise (judging a book by it's cover). People will still do it of course, but it's definitely not the best way to sort which games you will and will not play.

@Razz
Gorgeous art by the way, love the backgrounds :)
I wish you luck!