【Solved】 The say screen must return a Text?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Re: Help! The say screen must return a Text?

#16 Post by Chu-3 »

@Pytom
I checked his script, and seems the problem is that he made a customized game menu, where he use "menu:" code inside to ask choice to player. I guess this should be ui.textbutton or screen language> text button. But then the code he used is kinda old and he didn't use screen language at all. Sorry if I'm wrong.

@nanashi
ゲームのメニュー画面にmenu:を含まれているテキストがあるのは原因なのではないでしょうか?
一度見てみましたが、solve(解明書)のメニューはui.textbutton、またはscreen languageのtextbuttonを使ったほうが無難かと思います。(screen language は新しく追加されている機能なので、古いほうのren'pyには付いていません。便利な機能ですので、一応覚えておいたほうがいいかと思います。)
私も初心者なので、間違っていたら申し訳ありません。よろしくお願いします。

*The meaning of sentences above are more or less same with the one I said to Pytom. :)

nanashi
Regular

Re: Help! The say screen must return a Text?

#17 Post by nanashi »

@Chu-3さん

返事が送れて申し訳ありません。
ご指摘ありがとうございます。

ui.textbuttonを試してみましたが、上手く行きました。
名前変更画面でも同じくバグが発生しましたが、こちらも少しコードを弄る事で解決しました。

早速修正版を公開させて頂きました。
本当にご協力、ありがとうございます。