White Nights

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Recca Phoenix
Veteran

Re: White Nights

#16 Post by Recca Phoenix »

This book sounds to me like Kawabata Yasunari's Snow Country (雪国) which could possibly be used as VN material, but I'd be nervous about utilizing a Nobel Prize Winner's work in that way ^^;;;

I will play this when I get the chance....

Free Time Machine
Regular

#17 Post by Free Time Machine »

I played through and thought the story was beautiful and perfectly suited to the VN format as well. I didn't want the story to end where it did, but it was probably better of Dostoyevsky to leave it there. Also, I thought the backgrounds really captured the mood, except that I did have one little problem with it--there is one scene where the line is "it was very dark by now" or something similar, but the sky in the background was unmistakably bright.

Weirdly, I felt the story needed a slower default text speed. Normally I crank up the slider to instant when I play through games, but I actually went into the settings and slowed down the text for this one. *shrug*

Thanks for publishing this--I would probably have missed out on the work otherwise.
"HOLD ON TIGHT" ~ Outfits and expressions, where art thou? And why does Elsa's face look so awful??? *bangs head in*

Everytime you delete a traceback, someone else gets it. -PyTom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#18 Post by mikey »

Thanks for playing - about the Nobel Prize - I don't think that something like that should stop you, Dostoyevsky is regarded as one of the greatest novelists ever and it didn't stop me ^_^. If it's right, it's right, regardless of origin or popularity, I'd say.

The "it was very dark by now" section was something I also noticed, but I left it like that, since I wanted a relatively small amount of BGs for the main part. But you're right, it stands out, alongside some other small things as well.

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#19 Post by cosmo »

Hi!

It seems that the download page is down…
Is there another possibility to see your game than http://atp.manga.sk/prod/wn/wn.htm ?

Thanks in advance! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by DaFool »

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#21 Post by cosmo »

Thank you! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.