[WIP] School Memories

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
therealrose
Regular

Re: [WIP] School Memories

#16 Post by therealrose »

This game looks very good! I cant wait to be able to see the art!

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#17 Post by Morishita »

therealrose wrote:This game looks very good! I cant wait to be able to see the art!
^_^ Thank you! Once I get the rest of the coding done I can start posting up the finished sprites. I still have about 10 more points to code up but it shouldn't take to long.

Morishita
Veteran

#18 Post by Morishita »

BG Miya's room
Miya's room *please don't use*
Miya's room *please don't use*
This room is the main character's room. I tried doing backgrounds with google sketch-up but I decided that it would be quicker for me to draw the background by hand. I did the line art in Manga studio and colored it in Photoshop.
I'll try to work on more of the code and background art's later on but this one took me about all of yesterday and the later end of today to finish ^^;

That's all that I have for an update on the game's progress for now. Thank you all for keeping watch ^^

Gumm_p0p

#19 Post by Gumm_p0p »

OOOHHHHHHHHHHH I fell in love the moment I saw the main menu. I'm rootin for you!!! (>o<).
The story well be sweet and simple full of fluff fluff. I hope you finished it. :mrgreen: Aww now I feel a bit nostalgic.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#20 Post by JustAnotherMe »

WOW! The BG is soooo goooooddd!!! *Q* gut luck btw! I'll be waiting for this!
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Morishita
Veteran

#21 Post by Morishita »

Gumm_p0p wrote:OOOHHHHHHHHHHH I fell in love the moment I saw the main menu. I'm rootin for you!!! (>o<).
The story well be sweet and simple full of fluff fluff. I hope you finished it. :mrgreen: Aww now I feel a bit nostalgic.
Thank you so much! I hope I'll be able to tell it good enough. Since this is my first Visual novel I'm afraid that I might type it wrong ^^;
JustAnotherMe wrote:WOW! The BG is soooo goooooddd!!! *Q* gut luck btw! I'll be waiting for this!
I'm really happy to see that you like it! I was worried that people wouldn't really like how it looked since it wasn't in 3d and I'm still learning about color theory and what not's.

This is the image of the Classroom. There are about 4 more BG images that I have to do then all the backgrounds will be done. I think things are moving along steadily. After the bg's are done all I have left to do is the cg events and the sprites.
artclass22.png

Morishita
Veteran

#22 Post by Morishita »

Just wanted to post up a few more WIP images of the next background I'm still working on. I was trying to decided which hallway scene to pick from for the visual novel. They aren't fully done right now and are get half inked in but I think I am going to end up going with the second image. I think having a window will help make the hall seem more open.
wip.png
wip2.png
There have been a lot of things holding me back from getting basically the rest of the coding done and that's the stat bar. I'm able to make a customize stat bar with the ui functions but I can't figure out how to add an animation or ATL inside the ui.bar.
I want to be able to add an animation or ATL when the player picks a certain chose and then this animation or ATL will show in the bar when it goes down or up. I've looked through the DSE files and can't figure it out and I messed around with the RPG code found in the renpy doc section but I don't know how to stop the hp from automatically going down. I was trying to get something kind of like that but I only want it to move after a choice was made and a stat was either added or taken away. -.-

I've pulled an all nighter trying to figure this out and thought that I had it but apparently I didn't and I really don't want to scrape my idea to have that stat bar. I see so many other people who were able to figure it out so I'm just a little frustrated and at my wits end when it comes to making my animated stat bar....

After all of that venting if there is anyone who has some free time and is willing to share on how to make a customizable animated stat bar please *if you're able to* PM me. I would be very grateful because I'm burnt out and frustrated and really discouraged with this.

I decided that ui's and pythons are a little to advanced for me right now and since this is my first game I guess for now I will go ahead and keep things simple before I burn out due to frustration ^.^

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#23 Post by azureXtwilight »

YOU ARE

A GOD.

*runs away*