Tonight [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: Tonight [GxB VN, WIP]

#31 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Not to rain on the parade, but the girl behind the veil (supposedly the player character?) has a really long neck once you take out the image of the bride(?) in front of her. Unless she's part giraffe, I don't think human anatomy would allow for such a long neck. The menu's still pretty though *_*
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

jaypee_1
Regular

#32 Post by jaypee_1 »

that was a quick wip for menu :d looking good

Cinerious

#33 Post by Cinerious »

Gorgeous, and mouse-drawn, good lawd @__@ I can relate to the pains of doing art by mouse, though I eventually bought a crappy tablet to give some mercy to my hand XD Anyways, I'm stalking this nao! :3
Perfection is the enemy of the good.

therealrose
Regular

#34 Post by therealrose »

Holy Freakin Crapsicles! You drew this with a mouse!? That's amazing! I love the plot and the art seems A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#35 Post by 9:19 »

@Tag-: D'aw, no? Shucks, I wanted to trade art after. Your Levi for my...uh, someone. Or a drawing of steak. I'd take steak.

@JustAnotherMe: When I decided to make Tonight, 10% of my brain said, "You should charge $2 for this," and the other 90 went, "Aw, for f*ck's sake." And that's how Tonight became free.

@Elster: Oh goodies, another newbie. My comrade senses are a-tingling. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

@Rewritten Ennui: Oh snap you're right. That's so creepy. I'll have it fixed for the next update. Thanks for the heads up!

@jaypee_1: It's still WIP. Only the giant strawberry bride is complete.

@Cinerious: Just out of curiosity, how much was the tablet? My Google-fu's been bringing back ka-ching out of my range. If you got a bargain price on yours, that'd be sweet news.

@therealrose:
That's amazing! I love the plot and the art seems A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I drew the bride to the sound of Amazing Grace on repeat; your comment made me chuckle.
Last edited by 9:19 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyAvori
Regular

#36 Post by LadyAvori »

I can't stop staring at your menu picture. ...It's so pretty... 0.0

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#37 Post by Tag- »

We could still do the art trade anyway :mrgreen:

Steak, huh? I like a good juicy steak myself 8)
PM me if needed

Veteran

#38 Post by 9:19 »

@LadyAvori: Aw, thanks. I'm honoured.

@Tag-: Will do. I'll post him with the December batch of updates. I will also tack on a circus bg; in return, I demand a generous serving of gravy. Going once, going twice...

PROGRESS ALERT!

The main post is going under construction. I made a typo spelling Yunnan; that was embarrassing.

The revised edition will have a nifty % feature so you can keep track of Tonight's progress. Other changes will stay hush-hush until then. I am also working on some bonus art that will be posted exclusively on Lemma during the final countdown to the game's release. Expect an update mid-December. Sprites, GUI drafts, and maybe a really ugly mountain.

Veteran

#39 Post by 9:19 »

Fail anatomy is fail.
Fail anatomy is fail.
Will delete come proper sprite.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

#40 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

*swoon*

But why would you delete that?!? You could just use that as the default sprite :c He's so hot... Thou must tell me more about this young man.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight - Updated sprite page 3!

#41 Post by Tag- »

Hot guy number 1 spotted! Anatomy looks pretty good o3o although I fail at it too.

Looks like I'll have someone to draw for that art trade =v=~

Plus the steak of course.
PM me if needed

therealrose
Regular

#42 Post by therealrose »

9:19 wrote: @therealrose:
That's amazing! I love the plot and the art seems A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I drew the bride to the sound of Amazing Grace on repeat; your comment made me chuckle.
Lol, great minds think alike :lol:

Veteran

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight - Updated sprite page 3!

#43 Post by 9:19 »

@Rewritten Ennui: It seems we take turns causing each other misunderstandings lol. The current file is the default sprite, albeit WIP; by "delete" I meant "swap for good copy". That aside, I'm glad Yong caused some swoonage. His character blurb will be added to the OP along with the finished sprite, so I'll hold you in suspense until then.

@Tag-: Ooooh, I am going to like this.

@therealrose: Bro FIST.

To branch off a bit from Ennui's comment: If anyone's interested in behind-the-scenes Timbits, drop a comment and let me know. Things will get quite bland around here when I sit back to script. I plan to fill that time slot with step-by-step tutorials, memes, and WIP notes. Keep in mind, that's self-entertainment. They won't be posted unless you want to see; nobody likes spam.

With that said, I'd like to hear your opinions!

Veteran

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight - 23/11 VOTE! pg3

#44 Post by 9:19 »

The main post has been revised!

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight - 23/11 VOTE! pg3

#45 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

9:19 wrote:I plan to fill that time slot with step-by-step tutorials, memes, and WIP notes. Keep in mind, that's self-entertainment. They won't be posted unless you want to see; nobody likes spam.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA JUST HOW HIGH DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO BE JUST TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT........

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff reference aside, you could always post up screenshots and lint reports. Showing us a few sketches for CGs is definitely better than unrelated blather, so make your posts related to your game. If you really want to, you could post up the tutorials on the mouse-drawn art, but those might fit better into the Game-Makers' Corner or Skill Development sections.

Twinturtle Games Website