Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

#61 Post by Morishita »

@Deji: Ah! I forgot about the printing resolution ^^; Well at least I can still enjoy looking at the art on the computer with the games.

@Jack_norton Okay I understand now. ^^ Thank you for clearing that up for me.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#62 Post by sake-bento »

jack_norton wrote:Morishita: the CD option on BMT just sends the same file on CD (and a blank one, without any picture). I'm sure Ayu will send it but at the conventions, so if you're in USA and can go there it's possible (at least you would get a custom CD, with printed cover and everything)
Deji: thanks for the bug reporting!
Once the final version is complete, I'll be selling it next year at cons. Right now I can only sell in person, since shipping is a blassreiter. D: But hey, if you're ever at any cons I'm at, you can totally get one~

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#63 Post by Morishita »

Cool beans!~ Thank you Ayu!

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Cain0425 »

i playing the full game but when i playing the game it does not show how much person like you it not working on the game

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#65 Post by jack_norton »

You mean the relationship bar? I think it's because of OpenGL, try using Shift+G and in the menu choose DirectX and restart, maybe then will show it.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

selenity136
Regular

#66 Post by selenity136 »

Any hints on getting the guys? ^^

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#67 Post by jack_norton »

If you get the alone ending, you get a random hint :) but will probably do a walkthrough once final game is released. I think this is much easier than my previous games though!
p.s. if you get an error during Trent dialogue, you can click "Ignore" and continue playing. Is just a mispelled side-dialog image, nothing serious! :oops: (I thought I had checked them all, but instead...)
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#68 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Awesome !!!! Downloading right now !

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by try10 »

I really like it. Hmm... maybe I'll buy is for myself as a Christmas present HEHEHE

I'll have to ask Santa for some pocket money. *smirks*

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by Cain0425 »

i got the alone ending i not very happy about it i was going for steve T.T i do not even know what to do get a guy

applegirl
Veteran

#71 Post by applegirl »

I just got the game and can't wait to play it :D

EDIT:
I got the alone ending too :cry: I was going for Ryan.

Love the game though, despite the sad end :) The art and writing is top notch. Very professionally done.
Last edited by applegirl on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#72 Post by sake-bento »

Cain0425 wrote:i got the alone ending i not very happy about it i was going for steve T.T i do not even know what to do get a guy
Steve likes intelligence and determination. I'm adding some in-game hints right now.

sporkysan
Regular

#73 Post by sporkysan »

Awesome. I've been waiting for this game for what feels like forever. I immediately downloaded and played the game. Ayu, Deji, and Winter Wolves? What's not to love? Well assuming you like cute boys and growing flowers.

I was after Ryan, but I got the Alone ending the first time around. Luckily my random hint was about Ryan so I was able to go back and get that ending. I'll try for the other boys later. I think Steve will be next.

Some preliminary things that I liked:

I really love that Natalie has nail polish. I don't see a lot of illustrations where the girl has nail polish, but it's not uncommon for girls to paint their nails.

I also really like Natalie's line: “Duh. I’m the master of the obvious apparently.”
And that fact that she says "Duh." It feels so natural to have that there.

This may seem trivial, but I think the sound of the relationship bar going down is really fun. I'm somewhat tempted to pick bad options when talking just to hear it.

My absolute favorite thing in the game so far is the extra snowball scene from Ryan's ending. The whole idea was funny and cute. I loved the way it was executed with chibi illustrations and over-the-top expressions. I have also learned a valuable life lesson: Don't go against Susana in a snowball fight and that perfectly spherical snowballs only fly well if you know how to throw them.

Okay. For some dislikes/minor problems:

I'm not a fan of the song that plays in the menu. It doesn't seem to fit. It feels more mysterious and mystical than a fun casual game.

I'm not sure if this is intensional or not, but there are several points during there game where there is no music for a long period of time. I felt like that should be something playing in the background, but there was just silence.

There seems to be some inconsistency in the background art. The background for Susana's shop is done more painterly. The flowers look more like blobs of color and don't have that many details. However, some of the other backgrounds have clearly defined lines.

When we meet Jacob for the first time, Natalie says that she can't tell what time it is because there are no windows in her room, but there is clearly a window in the background.

Typos from Ryan's kiss scene:
"He faces me and holds both is hands out…"
"…so that you maintaing your balance."
"What would you like." That is a question and should have a question mark at the end.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#74 Post by jack_norton »

sporkysan wrote: I'm not a fan of the song that plays in the menu. It doesn't seem to fit. It feels more mysterious and mystical than a fun casual game.
Hmm well, I disagree, I think it fits well the winter theme. Not sure how to explain it honestly, I picked that one because I thought was fitting :)
sporkysan wrote: I'm not sure if this is intensional or not, but there are several points during there game where there is no music for a long period of time. I felt like that should be something playing in the background, but there was just silence.
Yes it's intentional, during the gardening scenes there's no music like the first game. Maybe I can put some background noises (in the first there was bird tweeting but it was summer/outside). In practice the music starts only when there's a random event (not a short one) and fades out when is finished. The problem was avoiding the songs to start/end and being cut in the middle (especially if you replay the game using the skip function).
sporkysan wrote: There seems to be some inconsistency in the background art. The background for Susana's shop is done more painterly. The flowers look more like blobs of color and don't have that many details. However, some of the other backgrounds have clearly defined lines.
Heh, that's a side-effect of working with unreliable artists... :? in THEORY, all backgrounds should have been done in the painterly style, but in the end after SIX MONTH the artist had finished just 4 of them (of course, I am done working with him), so Ayu used a friend to get things done.

Cool about the other catches for typos/inconsistencies, thanks :)
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Cain0425 »

where do you go to get intelligence and determination and how much do you think you need like 100 or 50