Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

#1 Post by Zatch »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :3 How is this day going? xD Care to share what is on the menu for dinner.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I'm Australian, but I'm actually celebrating Thanks Giving this year on Saturday! My manager is American and she invited us over. I'm making apple pie, and I have been informed there will be turkey! Yay.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#3 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

I'm actually celebrating it with my extended family tomorrow :| Though today we had a green bean casserole, potato wedges, garlic bread, and some delicious steak. Mm... steak...
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#4 Post by netravelr »

Spending Thankgiving for the first time not in the US, so I actually don't have any plans... it's all good. Have a great Turkey Day to everyone that's doing something!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#5 Post by Zatch »

Lol. I having people over and having turkey and ham. :3 I wish I had steak though.. I love steak. :3

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

#6 Post by ScottySeng »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well :)

Weakjounin
Veteran

#7 Post by Weakjounin »

What is thanksgiving? Never had it

CombatEye
Regular

#8 Post by CombatEye »

Weakjounin wrote:What is thanksgiving? Never had it
It's a holiday in the US. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#9 Post by Camille »

I spent my Thanksgiving eating instant ramen while sitting on the floor and rereading Eyeshield 21. Yeeeeep. (brilliant manga, by the way, and the only kind of football I'm interested in) House renovations + intermittent electricity = very sad Thanksgiving. There's a joke among Vietnamese-Americans that you can always count on Vietnamese restaurants and stores to be open during American holidays... We had pho and wonton soup for brunch today, haha! I'm having dinner with my extended family tomorrow, and of course, all we'll be eating is Vietnamese food, so no turkey or anything. XD I don't think tomorrow's dinner is even Thanksgiving-related, it's just to celebrate one of my relatives moving into a new house. :'D But at least tomorrow will be a fancy Thanksgiving-style dinner (in spirit, if not in food choices)??

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#10 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:I'm Australian, but I'm actually celebrating Thanks Giving this year on Saturday! My manager is American and she invited us over. I'm making apple pie, and I have been informed there will be turkey! Yay.
WHA?!

What kind of Aussie are you? Bringing an Apple pie...Unless 1980's pop songs have steered me wrong, you should be bringing the Vegemite sandwiches! :lol:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#11 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Voight-Kampff wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I'm Australian, but I'm actually celebrating Thanks Giving this year on Saturday! My manager is American and she invited us over. I'm making apple pie, and I have been informed there will be turkey! Yay.
WHA?!

What kind of Aussie are you? Bringing an Apple pie...Unless 1980's pop songs have steered me wrong, you should be bringing the Vegemite sandwiches! :lol:
Haha :D I love that song. Unfortunately, the rest of the world doesn't share our love of vegemite. That and they've caught on to the fact we give it to them for laughs >_> <_<
But I do love me some apple pie. Aussies love pies in general.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#12 Post by RemnantDream »

Happy turkey day, all ye Americans(and Auro)!

Here in the south, the only thing people really care about when it comes to Thanksgiving, unless you happen to be uber-religious like my family, is the food. We had turkey, ham, chicken, potatoes, three kinds of greens, macaroni casserole, sweet potatoes, rhubard casserole, cranberry sauce, some gelatin salad thing, four pies, two cheesecakes, and three kinds of ice cream.

And we wonder why everyone thinks southerners are fat..

I, however, didn't eat much. I actually lost weight after Thanksgiving xD

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#13 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Camille wrote:There's a joke among Vietnamese-Americans that you can always count on Vietnamese restaurants and stores to be open during American holidays...
That's because we only use those holidays as an excuse to get together and party :3
RemnantDream wrote: I, however, didn't eat much. I actually lost weight after Thanksgiving xD
I'm terminally jealous of you now D:<

On a semi-related topic (sorry if I hijack the topic :(), the main Thanksgiving celebrations should be over and the Black Friday deals should be kicking in. I've just returned from my shopping spree and scored myself one of those limited edition Zelda 3DS bundles with OoT3D :D I'm curious to hear what everyone else has picked up.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#14 Post by Camille »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:
Camille wrote:There's a joke among Vietnamese-Americans that you can always count on Vietnamese restaurants and stores to be open during American holidays...
That's because we only use those holidays as an excuse to get together and party :3
Psssh Vietnamese people never need an excuse to get together and party. xD

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#15 Post by Sapphi »

I had delicious salad, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, green bean casserole, and super yummy cooked mushrooms! I was going to have some turkey, but... I guess I felt better not having any.

Black Friday? Screw the deals, I slept in. :lol:
I went Black Friday shopping once with my friend and her family a few years back... it was fun, but most of the stuff I bought was on impulse and I ended up with a lot of clothes that didn't fit me very well because I had to rush to try them on. Plus, I just bought another car, so I really need to save money rather than spend right now. :P
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬