Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#31 Post by Zintar »

If u need help BL - I'm willing to help anyway I can. :wink:

Not much of a writer :cry: - but i'm sure I can come up with a good idea or 2.

And my drawing skills is coming along slowly. :(

Good luck with the learning - I'm think of learning some new stuff too.

btw, U have a project 3 :shock: - Any info. on it. :roll:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Too_nice

#32 Post by Too_nice »

Well, keep up the good work Lemma

I was just wondering... (maybe I should start a new post) if Lilika-san is not that busy or if anyone else, maybe have some sketches of the girls in Lemmasoft and post it in a small gallery while we wait for Tol. 2. Or that is what you did in the Shojo Attack contest?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#33 Post by Blue Lemma »

June 19, 2004 - More behind-the-scenes organization and work going on. One really good piece of news is that I finally learned how to do clean line art! It's more time-consuming, though, so I'll use the technique somewhat sparingly :? (Adobe is my friend <3 ) Tomorrow I'm picking up another RAM chip for my internet computer, so I can run my memory-intensive programs on that one, too (meaning I can develop on it and not have to swap out monitors all the time >_<) That will be a BIG encouragement! I've been writing script, making sketches, learning OpenGL, PHP, JavaScript, Perl CGI, and working with some 3-D programs. So you can expect to see a variety of interesting content in the future, but with the same warm, sexy, and cute Lemma Soft flavor! :wink: An artist has started work on a future non-linear strategy RPG project that should appeal to people of both genders. 8)

For the girls: Lots of bishounen, female main character, emphasis on story

For the guys: Fast-paced battles, sexy women, deep battle system (both FF-style and tactical Suikoden style)

(Of course the girls can like the "guy" stuff and vice-versa, too :wink: )

I've always wanted to make an RPG, and the artist has actually drawn stuff! Yay! Maybe I can get her to sign up for the board soon
:P

Don't worry, Tales of Lemma 2 is still my main focus! Busy busy ^_^;

Grey
Veteran

#34 Post by Grey »

Blue Lemma wrote:I've been writing script, making sketches, learning OpenGL, PHP, JavaScript, Perl CGI, and working with some 3-D programs.
Jesus, is that enough languages for you Lemma? You're never gonna be stuck for tools of the trade huh? :rolleyes:
Blue Lemma wrote: An artist has started work on a future non-linear strategy RPG project that should appeal to people of both genders. 8)
Sounds very interesting indeed, an Lemma Style RPG. Definitely one to look forward to :D

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#35 Post by Sai »

For clean lineart I found this tutorial helpful:
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~dgf/page/tuto ... ineart.htm

What I do is sketch in pencil. Then ink with a fineliner or brush pen. Then rub out the pencil sketch lines with a rubber. Then I scan it in and just jump to Step 5 and 6 of that tutorial to make it transparent and clean up any bits I missed out with the rubber before scanning.

toraneko666

#36 Post by toraneko666 »

Yea , Sai is right. But, for best reults I would buy a multiliner *A very fine tiped permanent marker. It works just like ink but, it kills the risk of mistake ink splotches. *I friggin' hate those* I have copic brand multiliners they are great I love my trusty 0.3! But, if it is out of your price range they have cheaper ones that work just as well at local craft stores. :o I'am an expert at manga products :oops: . lol
I'am a dark winged angel tempted by the light again.Trying to fly with a broken wing Isn't getting me anywhere fast. I cry for a lost love the one from the past. As blood pours from my mother, I'am saved by another.
You saved me.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#37 Post by Blue Lemma »

July 21, 2004 - Well, I bit the bullet and decided to try going ahead with the art for the game myself. Not what I hoped for, but the work is getting done much faster now :D Since I'm back to my old artsy ways, avatars are coming for contest winners (I've started them!) And there just might be some new art posted soon, too. :wink:

I *realistically* estimate that a game will be ready in 2-3 weeks since I'm working on it every day and finishing the art myself now ^_^

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#38 Post by rioka »

Oh wow! I'm totally psyched! That means River Trap and ToL2 will pretty much come out at about the same time. It's like Christmas all over again. ^____^ :does cheer: Go Lemma go!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#39 Post by Sai »

That's good news. Best of luck Lemma =)

Erik
Regular

#40 Post by Erik »

Woo, 2 weeks? That's pretty quick, good luck with it, then :D Go you!

Jerails
Veteran

#41 Post by Jerails »

Heh! I seriously can't wait for the game to come out! I'm so excited!
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#42 Post by mikey »

This is great!
Best of luck, really, go, go go... (yeah, I miss Murray Walker...)

explanation>> m.walker, a former British formula-1 commentator famous for his go go go scream when the race started

BTW>> I was just thinking - it's not fair, we gamemakers make games and while others will have TWO games in the summer, we will only have ONE... :(

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#43 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:BTW>> I was just thinking - it's not fair, we gamemakers make games and while others will have TWO games in the summer, we will only have ONE... :(
Oohhh, pobrecito... :(

Grey
Veteran

#44 Post by Grey »

mikey wrote:BTW>> I was just thinking - it's not fair, we gamemakers make games and while others will have TWO games in the summer, we will only have ONE... :(
But then again, if everyone thought like that before selflessly making one of these things for free then no-one would get any games, neh?

And besides you'll get the honour of being, umm you know, that guy who brought his second game out at the same time as Lemmas :roll:

Jerails
Veteran

#45 Post by Jerails »

Oh yeah...great way to boost his confidence, Grey! Heh, hey man, don't sweat it! All that matters is that you've put your heart into your games! If you've done that, it doesn't matter if you bring one game an hour or one game a year, I'll be more than happy to wait for you to finish it! Don't forget, you need a cheer-squad, you've got ME!
It's been a while, folks!