Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

#91 Post by sake-bento »

The stats are always 80 for the dominant stat (intelligence, in Steve's case) and 60 for the secondary stat.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#92 Post by Riviera »

... I'm actually laughing at myself because I haven't failed this hard at a VN in a long time XDDDD

Either I manage to get the relationship bar filled up (and presumably see all the scenes), or I manage to get my stats up high enough. I can't seem to manage to do both at the same time. orz

I've completed the game six times and have been forever alone every single time, lol!!

Of course it doesn't help that I keep getting distracted by the mini-game and my constant need to maximize profits even though there isn't anything you can buy except for more flowers. I was the same way in the first Flower Shop game. It's a sickness.

I may be forever alone, but I'm usually worth at least $700 by the end of the game. d(>w<)b
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#93 Post by sake-bento »

The guy's secondary stat is always the one you raise while you're with him, so you can almost ignore it. The primary stat has to be raised by hanging out with someone else, but you can tip the "affection" scale using the snowstorm scene and checking out the right book from the library.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#94 Post by Riviera »

Snowstorm scene? I've heard people mention that but I thought it was specific to Ryan... I've never seen that yet.
Weird, I thought Jacob's stats were primary empathy, secondary dedication. I think the hint said something like that, but I could be misremembering...
Derp.

Oh! I already mentioned it in the email I sent Jack, but Natalie's sprites are the most adorable things I've seen in a long time. The writing is very good as well! I thought the dynamic between Natalie and Steve was the best,
mostly because I caught myself thinking so often that they were like two peas in a pod.
:lol:

EDIT: Yay! Finally got my first non-alone ending! *explodes into glitter at how cute and sweet it was*
Jacob: You get really focused on things, and you wind up forgetting pretty much everything else.
That's so me. :(
The snowball fight was epic <3
Last edited by Riviera on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

applegirl
Veteran

#95 Post by applegirl »

Finished the game with all the guys and loved it :D

Btw: While I was playing Trent's ending, there was an error message with the game version 1.1:
During the dinner at Trent's house and when Natalie is saying "What? No, I don't mind!". In the upper left corner, the words appear that say in red "image 'i_susan angry b' not found". However, both Trent and Susana appear, so I'm not sure what that means. It didn't disappear until the chibi images disappeared and the description "The two of us unwind the long garland and stretch it out across his walls."

EDIT: I found another error with sprites for version 1.1
After Natalie falls on Trent and Susana walks in, the sprites for Trent and Susana are floating in the air. Their legs just stop and you see the rest of the background (through the menu). It begins when Susana pops up with the words "Hey, Trent. I-"

Fabulous game :) I really enjoyed playing it <3

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#96 Post by jack_norton »

Good that someone finished all the endings, I tried them so many times but until someone did the same... :)
I've fixed the bugs you mentioned, but since are minor things I'm waiting for new texts from Ayu to make 1.1b version. Also we're thinking to make the snowstorm scene trigger independently from Ryan, so that you can see it and get the big relationship bonus even if you're pursuing another character.

P.S. the money amount that triggers the Special ending is $400. So once you reach that amount there's no point (unless you're having fun!) to grow more flowers :D
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

victorita9
Regular

#97 Post by victorita9 »

how do i get jacob's ending?

sporkysan
Regular

#98 Post by sporkysan »

Hmm... For some reason if I get the Alone Ending in version 1.1, no hint appears. The black box pops up, but there is no text in it.

Also caught another typo. When visiting Ryan, you try to get him to practice small talk. He asks you why it is important to talk about his hobbies. If you say "It's fun", Ryan says "Hm… I suppose net" at one point.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#99 Post by jack_norton »

victorita9 wrote:how do i get jacob's ending?
We'll probably post a detailed walkthrough, though for picking the right answer is quite easy, you pick the choice and if you don't get a relationship bonus you can just rollback and try the other one :) More hints:
You need Determination 80 and Empathy 60, visit flower shop location, and pick mystery book to read. That should be enough to get his ending.
sporkysan wrote:Hmm... For some reason if I get the Alone Ending in version 1.1, no hint appears. The black box pops up, but there is no text in it.
Fixed it, the hint was random but I made the random range too high, so in the 20% of cases you wouldn't see a hint, sorry :(
sporkysan wrote: Also caught another typo. When visiting Ryan, you try to get him to practice small talk. He asks you why it is important to talk about his hobbies. If you say "It's fun", Ryan says "Hm… I suppose net" at one point.
Fixed it, thanks!
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#100 Post by Cain0425 »

can you tell me where to go when you have 1.1b version up

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#101 Post by jack_norton »

When I upload that version (which hopefully should be the final release) will also try to make a walkthrough available in my forums/here.
I am thinking about the gardening sim, if to have no music but some background noise (like town background noises?), a specific song for the gardening section or simply let the music from the events play instead of fading it out?
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by Cain0425 »

what book do you need for steve?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#103 Post by jack_norton »

You need the
horror one
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#104 Post by Cain0425 »

i max out steve bar but i still got the alone ending i need some up get more dominant stat have a hard time getting up to 80 be for the last week i got the alone ending

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#105 Post by jack_norton »

Usually when testing I was doing this:
1. first week visit all the places
2. from second week visit only the two places related to the stats I want to increase, and reserve 1 spot for REST. If you don't do that, you'll get fatigued and be forced to rest AND YOUR STATS WILL DECREASE
3. if you follow step2, you'll be able to get 80 (or higher) on BOTH the skills
I really think your problem is the point 2, you never rest so you lose skills along the way.
computer games