Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

#136 Post by jack_norton »

sporkysan wrote: Ryan mentions that he is a tutor at his college when he offers to help Natalie with studying. Later Susana says that he is a professional tutor after Natalie resists Ryan's tutoring methods. I'm not sure if Natalie forgot that Ryan mentioned that he was a tutor or she just didn't realize he was a professional tutor.
Ayu can confirm better but yes, I think that's why she is surprised, she didn't know that he was a pro.
sporkysan wrote: When talking to Ryan about why small talk is important, you automatically get a relationship boost after saying that you want to be friends with him. I don't think it is necessary to have that extra boost. With the extra scenes for Ryan and the snowstorm, it is pretty easy to max out his relationship bar. Also it feels strange because none of the other boys gets two boosts in one scene.
This happens only if you talked with Steve about the friendship first. In general though the game is much easier than the previous, since I had many people complaining about the difficulty. Though I guess I could lower slightly the amount of relationship you get in this scene...
sporkysan wrote: I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. Immediately after the snowstorm scene, I end up with a scene with Ryan that can raise the relationship status. This seems to happen regardless of whether or not I've been visiting him regularly in the past. It also happens regardless of whether or not I was going to go to the general store on the day of the snowstorm. It is usually the scene where Natalie tells him to be more casual when he speaks.
Ugh forgot to put a return at the end of the scene! thanks fixed it :)
About the chibis, it's strange since I carefully checked the code and the Ryan image with sparkle in the eye appears only if you date him, and Steve hugging Natalie appears only if you date Steve :shock: so I'm not sure how you can have both on screen at the same time!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sporkysan
Regular

#137 Post by sporkysan »

jack_norton wrote:About the chibis, it's strange since I carefully checked the code and the Ryan image with sparkle in the eye appears only if you date him, and Steve hugging Natalie appears only if you date Steve :shock: so I'm not sure how you can have both on screen at the same time!
What if you max out the relationship for both Steve and Ryan? The game is easy enough that I can raise the stats high enough for two boys and max out their relationship bars. I don't remember if thats what I did before triggering the glitch and I think I saved over that. I can try to recreate it later. It doesn't occur when I play the snowball scene from the gallery so it must have been something I did while replaying the game.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#138 Post by jack_norton »

No because it's based not on relationship, but a variable set when you reach a date (so the ending romance CG with that character). And it's not possible to get two dates in the same playthrough :) so I'm not sure how that can happen!
computer games

sporkysan
Regular

#139 Post by sporkysan »

Okay. I played through it again and the same thing happened. I'm not sure what happened. I got the kiss scene with Ryan but the snowball scene is a mixture of Steve's and Ryan's version. Is there something I can pull up or whatever to show you what happened? I'm not sure what went wrong.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#140 Post by Cain0425 »

what do you do get the extra scene with Trent in which you argue with him

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#141 Post by jack_norton »

sporkysan wrote:Okay. I played through it again and the same thing happened. I'm not sure what happened. I got the kiss scene with Ryan but the snowball scene is a mixture of Steve's and Ryan's version. Is there something I can pull up or whatever to show you what happened? I'm not sure what went wrong.
Well if you could send me a savegame BEFORE the chibi scene happens that would be very helpful :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#142 Post by jack_norton »

Cain0425 wrote:what do you do get the extra scene with Trent in which you argue with him
Nothing special, you'll see it after all the other normal ones present already in the previous versions.
computer games

Benazir
Regular

#143 Post by Benazir »

Why weeks without Sundays in this game?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#144 Post by jack_norton »

Well it's the same as the first game but yeah, there's no specific reason! I guess with all that's going on, the poor Natalie will sleep all day during Sunday! :D
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#145 Post by jack_norton »

I just uploaded version 1.2 (same download URLs) and this should be the final version. Mostly fixes typos, and adds some more hints in the dialogue for the stats needed for each boy. I didn't had time to replay it all, but since this update was mostly about typos the rest should be OK. As always feel free to play/test it!
computer games

Ina

#146 Post by Ina »

N/A