[Demo!] The World is Made of Paper

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Melinoe
Regular

Re: [Demo!] The World is Made of Paper

#61 Post by Melinoe »

mysterialize wrote:I have to admit, I'm a bit paranoid about people playing the demo as it is, mostly because I've since noticed some of the really stupid mistakes I made during it (The It's/Its confusions are flat out embarrassing), and I think I may reupload the demo with some of the problems fixed.[/size]

Though, do all you can to critique it. I really want to hear what you have to say!
I think that's a little unnecessary... I mean, seriously, who are we to go, "roflmao this guy used the wrong it's I'm never playing this stupid game ever in the world ever screw punctuation"

Do whatever you want, though. It's your game. As long as it comes out, anything's fine by me. (Even though it doesn't really matter if it's fine with me...)
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#62 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Melinoe wrote:
mysterialize wrote:I have to admit, I'm a bit paranoid about people playing the demo as it is, mostly because I've since noticed some of the really stupid mistakes I made during it (The It's/Its confusions are flat out embarrassing), and I think I may reupload the demo with some of the problems fixed.[/size]

Though, do all you can to critique it. I really want to hear what you have to say!
I think that's a little unnecessary... I mean, seriously, who are we to go, "roflmao this guy used the wrong it's I'm never playing this stupid game ever in the world ever screw punctuation"

Do whatever you want, though. It's your game. As long as it comes out, anything's fine by me. (Even though it doesn't really matter if it's fine with me...)
I agree, that is what a demo is for anyway :) Plus, I'm pretty shocking with it's and its and their and there, so it's forgivable (in my opinion). I'm sure there will be more important things for me to think about ^_^b

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#63 Post by Kura »

I'm so excited to see that you're working on this again! Sorry to hear about your laptop--as I read that post I thought "oh no, did she lose the VN?!" but I'm very glad it's all backed up safe and sound. Just in case, I'll keep the alpha/beta/whatever I had around.

And I'll have to echo what folks have already said: little grammatical errors in a demo are probably not a big deal.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#64 Post by mysterialize »

Okay. I'll take you guys' word for it and try not to let it bother me. >> I suppose time would be better spent on making the final version, rather than cleaning up a demo that won't be relevant once the full game is out. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the offer with the demo beta, Kura. I don't need it now, but maybe one day my everything will explode and I'll need it. XD Knowing my luck, it will probably happen.

mysterialize
Veteran

#65 Post by mysterialize »

La dee da, new character art post.

Kura
Regular

#66 Post by Kura »

Whoa! New character looks ridiculously awesome. I'm officially intrigued and now extra-eager for the rest of this game if only to find out who this is and why they think bandages are acceptable clothing.
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#67 Post by Zatch »

I play this a while back. :lol: It was pretty cool 8)

Interesting perspective of the protagonist. still don't like him I'll come back with more comments *places a brb sign on the counter*

mysterialize
Veteran

#68 Post by mysterialize »

Who needs clothes, anyways?

I'm glad you liked it, and I'm interested to see what all you have to say about the demo. I'm also really curious about what you dislike about Dion? Is that you feel he makes a bad character, or do you just dislike him as a person?

mysterialize
Veteran

#69 Post by mysterialize »

Playing around with possible menu designs. This would be the save screen:

and a version with some black edges, to possibly make it a little easier on the eyes:

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#70 Post by broken_angel »

Ooh, awesome menu graphics!

I would go with the second one (with the black lines) personally, just to make the save spots stand out more.

Kura
Regular

#71 Post by Kura »

Nice! I really love the background of the save screen. I don't think the black lines are really necessary (though they don't look bad either).

Arcanum
Veteran

#72 Post by Arcanum »

Ohh everything new is beautiful *_* The save screen is great, though I personally like the first one better because the scraps of paper feel more natural. And sheesh bandages are totally appropriate clothing. I just wish more of those handsome characters were wearing these ;D <- seriously has a crush on every character in this game, maybe with the exception of Marianne for looking too young

CombatEye
Regular

#73 Post by CombatEye »

I just finished through playing the demo a bunch of times. I think I got most of the endings. The story is really intriguing and the creepiness in some parts is palpable. It looks like the full version will be great!

One weird thing I noticed in the demo (but that's not particularly important):
It's possible to get Jacob to mention details about the abandoned house incident without you talking to Trevor about it. (At the clinic the next day after the ghost? part.) I think it happened after I just went outside and got taken at gunpoint.

Anyways, good luck!

mysterialize
Veteran

#74 Post by mysterialize »

Combat Eye: Thank you! I'm really glad you like it. As for the Jacob thing, that's definitely a bug. I'll have to fix that immediately. Thank you so much for pointing it out! No one else has noticed that one.

Arcanum: ... Well, I have to say, that's not quite something I expected something to think about my characters, but hey, I'm not complaining. XD Though I far from consider myself someone capable of drawing attractive people.

Also, I've made a topic in the new Demos and Proofreading section, which also has the announcement that I have, finally, finished the massive fourth chapter, and am now looking for proofreaders. If anyone is interested, I'll give anyone who helps credit, and will also toss in a character portrait of whatever they want drawn.

LadyLylalie

#75 Post by LadyLylalie »

Hi, I'm quite interested in playing the demo, but as it's been uploaded on megaupload, it's impossible to get currently. Could you upload a mirror (windows version)?

Thanks