Omni's Frequently-Draw-Other-People's-Characters Topic OPEN

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Re: Omni's Frequently-Draw-Other-People's-Characters Topic-

#106 Post by Omnificent »

Yes'm! I wish you would tell me what your sinister mad plans were, but I have to say all this scene-drawing is enjoyable.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to color my photograph-drawings as I await the coming of Christmas. Here be medievalization.

Image Image Image

I honestly don't know whether this would have been a good bishoujo game or a terrible one.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#107 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

o.o I have finally realized what's been bugging me occasionally.

Male Mike. His thumbs. They're inward. And as I stare at my hands in the same position....they're outwards. SOMEONE SWITCHED HIS HANDS WHILE HE WAS GENDER BENDED! Or maybe it was a malfunction with the gender bender gun! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
ImageImageImageImage

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#108 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Omnificent wrote:[Gender-swapped FA:NG characters]
OH GOD CANNOT UNSEE

Sir, what spirit possessed you to do such a thing? Now that Fem!Greg will stalk me and smile at random intervals with the occasional giggle DDD:
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#109 Post by Kura »

Oh man. That nerd-off a page back is freaking fantastic. As is the Rule 63 on FA:NG! Fem!Jeff is ridiculously adorable. And fem!Greg is inexplicably more attractive than normal Greg.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#110 Post by teacup »

Thanks for drawing Mikah XD I never thought I'd see him in an outfit like that.

Omnificent
Veteran

#111 Post by Omnificent »

Sunlit-Dreamer: fffffffffff I thought I was past this kind of amateur mistake. D: DAMN YOU HANDS

Rewritten Ennui: Mostly as an exercise in how FA:NG would probably work less well if it were the other way around. Which is not to say this won't come up somehow

Kura: Fun fact, Greg and Mike have pretty much the same build as the other's genderswapped compatriot. BODY TYPE LAZINESS AHOY

teacup: Yeah, I figured I should do something a little different since you gave me leeway to do anything. :P

I doubt I should make a separate thread for writing. OMNI MODE SHIFT! FORM OF AN EMO!

------------

He clutched his eyes with his right hand.

It was weird. After everything he and his family had gone through, all that stress and drama and ridicule and loneliness, this was the hammer that broke his heart. Seventeen years of pent-up everything, pouring out at once.

A little, choked laugh came out of his throat. I loved her, and I let her go.

Was he a bigger man for it? Did it make him happy? She was happy. She had them, and they had her. It was a complete circle, a neat little symbiosis that on some subconscious level, he knew he was unable to enter.

He couldn't even touch the circle he himself had created.

She was an open book. In some sense, that was what he'd admired about her. Whether she laughed or frowned, whether she was angry or ecstatic, she was genuine. She trusted. She was the one person in the world he felt like he could reach.

I let her go, because I'd weigh her down.

He wasn't friendly. He wasn't selfless, or kind, or outgoing, or any of the words a given acquaintance would use to describe him. He didn't even like the people he talked to on a regular basis.

Live and let live, but in the end he was just keeping his bridges unburned. It was more convenient to force a smile and be liked by everyone than it was to break the mask and make enemies. It was safer, the kind of safe no one could really understand until the day it became their lifeline.

That was the tradeoff they'd made, in the end. She'd chosen their circle over him. He'd chosen the world over their circle. That was just the way it was, the way to let everything bounce off him like it didn't even matter.

I let it go.

He walked into the cafeteria and took a seat at the crowded table.

"Hey Dav- whoa, what happened? You look like shit."

He laughed it off. "Yeah, ragweed allergies. You know how it gets."

"So how about those exams?"

------------

Okay okay here's some art
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

bailey32

#112 Post by bailey32 »

Hello there Omnificent...
I see that you open your thread again... :D
Would you please draw something for me?
Here's the link http://mikeymao.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d36xzk1...
His name is Sigma... :)

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#113 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Yes, hands are very evil to us. And I didn't at first since it LOOKED right, but looking again the dude with purple hair and...pendant, thumb is also the wrong side. @@ Curse you anime (and cartoons and tv shows...add in anything else that does the hand to head thing) for making other characters touch heads for pats and noogies. You trick us....

Anyway....pens are evil. The moment you ink, you can never ever erase. Eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.
ImageImageImageImage

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#114 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wanted to see the medievalization of this guy :

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 3gs5t8.png

Veniae
Veteran

#115 Post by Veniae »

Oh man, I love your writing. That little piece you posted was really enjoyable!
Omnificent wrote:Live and let live, but in the end he was just keeping his bridges unburned.
^ And I really like this line.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#116 Post by JustAnotherMe »

wowwww omni! That's some serious skill you've got! I really like how you bring out his character, how you put the words to feel so... genuine. GOOO OMNI!!!
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#117 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Hey Omni.

Can you draw Akio from A Song for You? Your drawings are manry and Akio's the manriest character of the game...I think. Keep in mind he likes beer and maids. And maybe magical girls.

Also, have I mentioned how cool beans this thread is
deviantART
---------------------

Omnificent
Veteran

#118 Post by Omnificent »

bailey32, azurextwilight: Can do!

Sunlit-Dreamer: Yeah, I noticed that one too late. :P But I place no blame on my pens. They have served me well.

JAM, Veniae: Thanks! Whenever I write something remotely depressing I always fear for my emo-quotient, but luckily it hasn't stirred any such comments. *may or may not be relevant to FA:NG*

lepapillonrouge: Indeed I can! I shall make sure that he is extra-manry.

Didn't take much to turn this man into a fine, upstanding delinquent. More screwing around with GIMP brushes/coloring/backgrounds.

I wouldn't mess with a guy wielding a spiked basketball-and-chain.

Hey kids, don't be like Akio-jiisan. Don't drink and smoke.

"What if I just kept driving, as far as I could go? Past our school. Past the county line. Past the state border. Just forget about everything and take off."

"Would you come with me?"

I'm closing requests for now, since I've got a Secret Santa to work on, but they'll be back soon enough.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#119 Post by TsukiShima »

lepapillonrouge: Indeed I can! I shall make sure that he is extra-manry.

I'm in love. With this one. Oh wow. Love. A strong word.

I don't know, I have a thing with badass looking guy. When I mean badass, not that villain kind of look, and not that annoying naughty boy look. I feel you're able to display it well.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Re: Omni's Frequently-Draw-Other-People's-Characters Topic C

#120 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

So uh

If I were to draw your characters being NEEEEEEEEEERDS

Would you mind drawing my characters likewise being NEEEEEEEEEERDS

I may have to PM you about illustrating a thing if so because I have a VN that needs visuals and has none.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.