Subject 93 (A really short first VN) (WIP) updated demo!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Subject 93 (A really short first VN) (WIP) updated demo!

#31 Post by TsukiShima »

Waahh, beautiful preference now! I'm really impressed >__< Really impressed that I can't hide anymore, you really left me in suspense! Your art is really pretty and clean, I'll look forward for more!

sonone
Regular
Projects: Simdate Complex

#32 Post by sonone »

I'm loving the style :D especially the colors <3

I'm stalking this XD
also, I wonder what's this 'wait room' all about :D

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

#33 Post by evility »

OMG it's even MORE epic now with music :D! I see you haven't updated much more plot-wise, but music was definitely a win. It was SO perfect for the situation. Even though the sirens at the end of the main game track drove me crazy. But I guess that's the whole intended effect XP.

I'm really eagerly waiting with saliva ready to drool out any moment for this to finish. Looking forward (understatement of the year) to more progress!

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#34 Post by Kura »

Awesome little demo~ Everything looks great, especially how expressive the sprites are, and wow what a polished GUI for a small first game! Using side pictures instead of names on the text box was really clever. The robot-sarcasm was also very enjoyable, as was the general "lol no worries, you're just stuck in a probably-dystopian research facility!" tone. Definitely very curious about what kind of tests our poor subjectfriend is in for.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

archia
Regular

#35 Post by archia »

@HanaMori: Thank you! I still need to figure out the save/load screen, but then the UI is done (:
Thank you for the art compliments! I'm deliberately keeping it simple, otherwise I'll spend all my time drawing the assets and no time writing or programming hehehe

@sonone: Blue/orange is my favourite colour combo hehe
Oh man, forgot that was in there!
@evility: I crawled over to newgrounds for the music. I'll update the zip to include credits when I've finalised what songs I'm using for the final game (:

@Kura: 93 is pretty damn expressive right now, considering what he's going through, so I didn't think the usual (normal, happy, sad, blush) would cover it hehehe
I went with side pictures instead of names because no-one really has any name. It would just be 'Scared Guy' and 'Creepy Recorded Voice'

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#36 Post by Pugfarts »

I'm really hoping you incorporate some kind of interesting action-puzzle element into this (even if it's just some kind of dragon's lair timed event type thing)
Very polished-looking even if this is just for testing out the platform. I'm excited to see more.