Hanafuda Club...Hmmm (?)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.

Good idea?

Yes!
20%
Sure why not...
80%
Nah.
No votes
What the!?!
No votes
ZZzz -_-
No votes

Total votes: 5

kmsgameboy
Regular

Hanafuda Club...Hmmm (?)

#1 Post by kmsgameboy »

:idea: I wonder...seeing this Hanafuda Club demo makes me wonder if THIS would possibly adaptable to a computer game. At one time a flash version was in the works...however, my team bailed on me. Now all I have is the print and play cards I made...and a bunch of fans wanting to pay it on the computer... :cry: So what do you all think? Should I go from paper to click and play???
"In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don't forget that."
-Shadow FFVI
Please drop by my website! ^_^

kmsgameboy
Regular

#2 Post by kmsgameboy »

Would anyone with an idea on how to go about making this happen be willing to lend me a hand??? I already have the graphics and play mechanics, all I need is someone with game engine knowledge to put the pieces together.
"In this world, there are many like me who have killed their emotions. Don't forget that."
-Shadow FFVI

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#3 Post by dizzcity »

Well, aside from the massive amount of copyright and IP violations (which I won't go into), you could try GameMaker. That has a relatively simple and programming-free interface which is designed to allow non-programmers to create games. I'm not very optimistic about the chances of you implementing that kind of complex system without having to hand-code things in from scratch, though. (And the dual-player nature of the thing makes it especially hard. Either you set up for multiplayer and networked games, or you have to program an AI that can offer a reasonable challenge.)

Alternatively, perhaps you could look around the amateur game developer forums such as GameDev.net or Gamedev.org and ask around for programmers to help you code it from scratch. That's probably the best option in the long run. They're full of programmers who want to be game creators. The trouble is convincing them to work on your game instead of their own. Good luck with that. :)

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

Andy

#4 Post by Andy »

Yay, gamemaker! I use that! But if you get to know it enough, soon enough you'll be using code like this (it uses D&D and its own code, GML)...

//set gun distance to how far(in pixels) the guns are away from the center
gun_distance=16
// the code
if can_shoot=1 then {
nnn=instance_create(x-gun_distance*(cos(degtorad(direction-90))),
y+gun_distance*(sin(degtorad(direction-90))),obj_superlaser);
nnn.direction=direction;
nnn.bullet_speed = speed+15;
nnn.target_object = target_object;
can_shoot=0;
nnn=instance_create(x-gun_distance*(cos(degtorad(direction+90))),
y+gun_distance*(sin(degtorad(direction+90))),obj_laser);
nnn.direction=direction;
nnn.bullet_speed = speed+15;
nnn.target_object = target_object;
can_shoot=0;
alarm[0]=4}

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Re: Hanafuda Club...Hmmm (?)

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

I think dizzcity is right on. Also, you said you have fans waiting to play it on the computer. Have you tried contacting them to see if any of them can help do it? A card game is more complicated than a basic Pong/Breakout type game, especially since you have to do a good AI or implement network support. Therefore, the people who work on it will have to be quite dedicated.

kmsgameboy
Regular

#6 Post by kmsgameboy »

Thanks guys, oh and as far as the copyright thing goes....Sony knows about the game...I posted it on the game's boards! The thing is...THOUSANDS of gamers make fan comics, stories, art, and game, and the big companies are fine with that! (After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.) However, the line s crossed the second you try to make money off of someone else's work....which I DO NOT intended to to...or would ever even think of. LOL, it sees like anyplace I bring up this game I have to go through all this...but oh well...no bigs. Anyway, my biggest problem is TIME. I work 2 jobs right now and do graphic design fora big company on the side, so....I NEED BIG TIME HELP!!!
-Shadow FFVI

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#7 Post by dizzcity »

To be honest, I would recommend you leave it as a print & play card game, rather than trying to convert it into a electronic one. The "feel" is totally different when it switches mediums - and this especially applies to competitive card games. There's nothing quite like handling a deck of lethal weapons in your hand ready to unleash at the enemy's unknown pack.

Converting it to electronic form would require more time and effort than it's really worth. If you want an electronic SotC game, don't base it around a card concept.

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

kmsgameboy
Regular

#8 Post by kmsgameboy »

Thanks dizz, I will probably do that...
-Shadow FFVI