Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG) - Non Commercial

#61 Post by Tag- »

Weakjounin wrote:Wow I guess you weren't kidding about using millions of layers and not being finished with the MC sprite. GL :D
I told you I used heaps of layers :lol: There'll be even more when I actually start to line it.....
evility wrote:Ooo, circus setting! Seems very interesting. I like the design of the protagonist :).

Lookin' forward to more progress :)! GL!!
Thanks for your support~
9:19 wrote:Oooh, casual clothes! Nice.

I'm jacking that Levi sketch for colour reference. Hope you don't mind.
No problem, go ahead. I might jack one of your sprite pics for ref as well =3=
PM me if needed

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran

#62 Post by Tag- »

Hey guys, I come bearing another WIP screenie xD

I'd like to ask for your opinions and suggestions this time. I'm currently drawing Valory's second outfit, and I want it to fit into a warm colour scheme. Problem is, what I have to far isn't great, so I'd like to suggestions as to what I should make the colours.
valSwip3.png
PM me if needed

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#63 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Colourlovers is a great site for getting ideas for colour palettes :D http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/search?query=warm

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#64 Post by Dakishimete »

I would check how she's look with green stripes, because these yellow don't seem to be a good choice

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#65 Post by LizBeth »

Personally, I love the red with her hair. The orange however... maybe try grey, dark tan, or a dusty blue? Not sure if those are really warm colors though. Cyanide's link it's probably a better resource! lol

I'd come across this thread before I made an account, so I thought I'd just pop in :) Can't wait to meet Keith and Levi!

Weakjounin
Veteran

#66 Post by Weakjounin »

purple. nuff said

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran

#67 Post by Tag- »

Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys :D And thank you Auro for that lovely link~
I think Schi and I have finally decided on the colours, so look forward to that when I (finally) complete Valory's sprite xD

@Dakishmete, Green isn't really a warm colour, but nevertheless thank you for your suggestion :)

@Lizbeth Thanks for the suggestions, hope you'll look forward to this game then xD

@Weakjounin Of course you'd suggest purple xDD
PM me if needed

Meg'
Regular
Projects: Anges Démoniaques, Gang (Alex & Hugo), Le passé dans les veines

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG)

#68 Post by Meg' »

The title of your VN is italian and I like that langage very much, so it caught my attention and I decided to pay a little visit to your game's thread :D

Your art is really nice and I find that the way you color your drawings is beautiful!
My favorites are Levi and Alice ~~ Her name and clothes remind me of Alice In Wonderland :P

About colors for another outfit for Valory, I think that because she has a bright skin color, you can use colors such as pink, purple, orange...
Well, you're even free to use all the colors you want, because in a circus the people wear make-up, so it can fit with different type of clothes.

I have two suggestions that I attached with my post. Don't mind the pattern, focus on the colors that I used.
I hope that it can be of any help :wink:

And good luck with the continuation of your VN.
Attachments
suggestion2.png
suggestion1.png
suggestion1.png (27.26 KiB) Viewed 2541 times

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Tag- »

@Meg'
Thank you! We just have to hope it's grammatically correct so that Schizanthe doesn't have to go back and edit the logo xD
Thank you for the compliment :oops: I actually learnt a lot of new techniques while practising, so I'll do my best to keep improving xD''
I'm glad she reminds you of Alice in wonderland - we named her after the theme xD
Thanks so much for the suggestions~ We've figured them out now, but we'll definitely keep in mind yours and everyone else's suggestions for her other outfits. (She has so many omg)

And now for your entertainment - a comparison between how I colour and how Schizanthe colours (Her picture is the second one). If anyone was wondering, this is the reason why she is unable to help me regarding colouring, our styles are too different xDD. This is also an interesting comparison between SAI + tablet and photoshop + mouse o3o. I guess this picture also doubles as a WIP since this is her outing/date outfit.

PM me if needed

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#70 Post by LizBeth »

They're both so pretty! Is the first one you and the second one Schizanthe? They look pretty similar, but it seems like the first one has darker shading on the shirt and shinier cheeks, although there are probably other things I'm not picking up on. I absolutely love that shirt (and her eyes, and her hair clip), it's my favorite color! And I'll get to see it the entire game. Yay!

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Cain0425 »

wow she looks really good now good job i cant wait for the game

facades
Regular

#72 Post by facades »

The setting is really unique! I've not played a game that is set in a circus before. Your character sketches are already so beautiful! I can't believe they are not the final sprites. ( Looking forward to seeing the final character sprites! Especially after seeing those pretty pictures of Valory.) For the guys, I like Eric and Levi's designs and personalities. Well.. Levi minus the manipulative part.. hahaha (; But I'm sure it's these differences in character that make the game fun. :) I think setting the story in a circus is a great idea. It gives you many options and the freedom to be creative and write a really interesting story. (:

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#73 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Mmm, in the second one, the almost realistic shading makes her look rather mature. :3
They both look good, but if you are really goaling for an anime-ish feel, I suggest the first one.
Although the second one isn't too bad, I won't mind seeing it in game. XD

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by 15385bic »

Both colouring looks good *q*
ur right - they are slightly different but u can mainly tell in the face. the clothes however look similar - so maybe Schizanthe can help color clothes?

(colouring =A=' - both of u can colour for me anyday XD)

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Tag- »

@LizBeth
Thank you xD Yep, first one is me, and second one is Schizanthe. We're both really nitpicky (though my laziness affects me more so than her /cough) so we'd be able to spend all day just pointing out differences xD
And since Schi didn't want to flood the thread with double comments, here is a copied and pasted message from her: I'm glad you like everything, though that shirt is sliiiightly off, because a certain someone got colour happy and forgot to double check with me. That head band is almost like her iconic look, since it was what she was drawn with originally.
W-whoops /shiftyeyes

@Cain0425
Thank you, the other sprites should be around this quality as well xD

@facades
Thanks~ I'm not fond of showcasing really messy sketches, so those sketches took me a little longer than they should have xD'' Hope you'll look forward to the game~ OvO

@Lumen
We're not going for a set style with the game, it's just my style is colouring is anime by default xD'' Schi likes her realistic shading =3= The top picture will be the colouring style that will be used in this game.
Another message from her: ...Ahahaha, it's funny because at first, Tag was the one struggling to draw younger people, and I, more mature people. She's sliiiightly upset at the fact that it seems to have switched around now. xDD And there was no way the second one would appear in game, because Tag's the one colouring and this was just for a fun comparison.

@15385bic
Thanks xD We're both pretty nitpicky about details though, and even though it's a bit similar I can still see some glaring differences, particularly in the direction of the light source xD. I'm pretty sure Schi doesn't enjoy colouring either =v=. (Aww bic, I think your colouring is pretty o3o I actually don't have much confidence in mine. That's why I try to practise as much as I can ><;)
A few words from Schi~: Thanks, a lot! Yup, we've noticed that I tend to colour faces a lot more realistically (3D-like, as we often call it). As for colouring clothes, that's what I'm most horrible at. :'D Besides, it's a bit of an effort to keep converting from SAI to Photoshop, since we use different programs. I might end up helping her with flat colouring, though.

(Ahaha, I wouldn't mind, but it'd take me forever and a bit cause I use the mouse to colour. xDD Besides, your own colouring is already lovely; no need for me there. xDD)
PM me if needed