Otome games??

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Otome games??

#16 Post by gekiganwing »

Riviera wrote:You can also fairly easily modify (a PSP) to play oldschool games from the NES/SNES era, or homebrew titles.
Keep in mind that it might be difficult to use genuine retail games on a PSP *and* emulation. Once you have retail games working on your system, then make sure you can use emulators and homebrew on your specific model of PSP. And then find out what firmware you will need, and how to install it. This is complicated, but be careful, because you don't want to wreck your system!
Riviera wrote:The DS has some english otome games on it, but they're not very deep or mature, since I guess they assume Nintendo wouldn't go for that for whatever reason. They're marketed for little girls. I still found them fun. There are also japanese ones but the stipulations I mentioned above still apply.
Quite a bit of the DS software library is authentic kids' games. It's difficult to get decent information for some some of them. For instance, a DS game called "Valentines Day" was released in the UK. Aside from this short IGN article, good luck learning about it. I didn't even find user reviews on amazon.co.uk.

Most of what's named on the otome game database are games aimed at teens and young adults. The site doesn't have detailed info for more than a handful of games, but you can learn more by searching for names of specific games.

Anyway, thanks to an otome game fansite, I was reminded of the English version of Princess Debut, a rhythm ballroom dancing game which includes a reverse harem. Aside from that, there's a couple legit English releases which are borderline examples. The action RPG Avalon Code has a few relationship elements, and the life sim/RPG Atelier Annie -- which is even cuter -- also has a few relationship elements.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Riviera »

It's not very hard, if you look up a tutorial. If you do decide to go that route, just drop me a PM and I can help you out. I think a lot of people have been misinformed on some of this, probably because it's been abused so much for piracy.

I got mine working (and playing old-school tetris and centipede style games) in less than a day, and I'm an utter modding n00b. It does that and plays my retail games just fine. There's no way I'd sacrifice my Fate/Extra or Persona 2 playing, not when I paid good money for the limited editions! :lol:

But yeah, as I said, you have to google tutorials (there are tons of them out there), and the DS is mostly for otome games aimed at younger audiences. You can still have fun with them, however.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#18 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

I don't know if you are still looking for otome games. But I know 2 that are "new"
It's the unofficial english translation of "The second reproduction" (PC)
and the unofficial english translation of "Girlish Love Revolution" Though this is a DS game.
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

Girlish love revolution? I believe it's the game when you have to become anorexic to get the guys you like right?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#20 Post by papillon »

Yes, but it's actually somewhat less disturbing than I thought it was going to be, from watching the Let's Play. I still take issue with the premise, but it's not nearly as mean to the protagonist as I was afraid of.

... Still not going to play it myself.

GARLICBREAD

#21 Post by GARLICBREAD »

azureXtwilight wrote:Girlish love revolution? I believe it's the game when you have to become anorexic to get the guys you like right?
Er, it kind of depends on the guy I guess? One of them only requires you go down to 75 KG and some others might require 45 KG?

I think the game is better than it sounds since lots of people just kind of judge it without playing it. I think it'd be funny if you could win all the guys at 100 KG but she kind of needed to lose weight anyway to be healthy.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#22 Post by papillon »

Weight != Health. She needed to stop being force-fed by her slightly creepy brother in order to be healthy. :)