[BL] VN Team looking for writer

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Xent
Regular

[BL] VN Team looking for writer

#1 Post by Xent »

Hello everyone,

sadly I have promised something terrible to our artist and now I m in the somewhat awkward situation of needing a BL writer who is willing to write a short vn (~2 hours reading time).

Since we usually are involved in GL things, our writer has any experience with this topic so we would be glad if there would be any experienced BL writer to assist us in this matter.
Now there is no story, setting or anything which has been decided on but since I do not like to come totally empty handed someone in our team did prepare some quick sketches about art style we are probably going with.

The writer must be willing to have some means of communication, preferably skype.

That being said, looking forward for feedback and of course your pm's and replies otherwise.
Attachments
sketch
sketch

falsedelusion
Regular

Re: [BL] VN Team looking for writer

#2 Post by falsedelusion »

Wow, the drawings are REALLLYYY nice!
Good luck finding a writer~ =3

Hope to see this vn coming to life.

Xent
Regular

#3 Post by Xent »

Thank you very much for encouraging feedback~

It will come to life for sure if we do find a writer.

Keilis
Regular

#4 Post by Keilis »

Just wanted to say those are some gorgeous sketches. Good luck with finding a writer.

Elster

#5 Post by Elster »

Query: Are you looking for a programmer/writer type, or just a writer?
Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now? - Neil Gaiman

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

I'll be the programmer if the writer can't program as well.

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

#7 Post by Dakishimete »

My, this is so tempting. You're offering the artist and programmer while writing BL is something I was always thinking about.
You're saying there's nothing decided, but it would be nice to know if you expect this VN to be light or more serious.

Elster

#8 Post by Elster »

Do you have a deadline? What type of game are you looking to make (beyond BL)? Kinetic, otome, what?

What sort of story do you want to tell?
Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now? - Neil Gaiman

Loveli
Regular

#9 Post by Loveli »

I would also like to know more details, I am not that experienced but for example I am better doing sad/serious stories...
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

Dayami-chan

#10 Post by Dayami-chan »

Hi there!
My Pen Name is Dayami-chan and I've been writing BL / Yaoi since December 2007. My work and name are popular in the field of yaoi literature/ erotica on the art website of www.deviantart.com. I'm searching for the opportunity to write for a Visual Novel game. Although I am inexperienced in this field, I look forward to any challenge required along with the fun and excitement of writing a Visual Novel script.
I would like more detail on what you're hoping for and expect in terms of genre, plot, what rewards your writer will receive and what you look for in said writer.
I'm a student meaning I can only provide part-time work.
I hope you'll get in contact if I suit your standards and I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for your time :)

My website ► www.dayami-chan.deviantart.com

Ghast

#11 Post by Ghast »

Nice artwork, but there's no context whatsoever. If it's nicely drawn but a horrible/cheesy concept the writers aren't going to want to touch it.

I don't know many fujoshi who can write coherent sentences to begin with, and a lot of guys might be rigid about writing gay material (which is silly, but whatever). Did you want to leave the story up to the writer? Be specific.

Aoki Ko
Projects: Girl//∞//Paradox

#12 Post by Aoki Ko »

I'm definetly interested! I've always loved writing and want to be a published author someday. I've been thinking on writing a couple of BL stories myself but haven't gotten around doing them. I don't really know how to describe my style of writing. Only that I thoroughly enjoy writing in first person and am known to add some supernatural or fantasy aspects to the story. I'm really excited! From just looking at the sketches I'm getting alot of ideas.

PM me if your interested!

ellesays

#13 Post by ellesays »

Hello Xent!

I love the sketches, they are incredible. Did you do them?

I'm a writer (soon to be published) and I have several ideas for a girl protagonist/multi. attainable guys VN. Unfortunately, I do not do BL but I am looking for an artist and programmer to work with me. If your free or interested in adding my script to your work load, let me know!

Thanks! :D

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Victoria Jennings »

ellesays wrote:Hello Xent!

I'm a writer (soon to be published) and I have several ideas for a girl protagonist/multi. attainable guys VN. Unfortunately, I do not do BL but I am looking for an artist and programmer to work with me. If your free or interested in adding my script to your work load, let me know!

This thread was last posted in almost a year ago. If you want to ask Xent about the sketches, it'd probably be better just to PM them about it. I:>

ellesays

#15 Post by ellesays »

Victoria Jennings wrote:
ellesays wrote:Hello Xent!

This thread was last posted in almost a year ago. If you want to ask Xent about the sketches, it'd probably be better just to PM them about it. I:>

Thanks! I'm new to this. Appreciate it. :)