The Unlucky Fellow [WIP] IN HIATUS

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MJDAlleria
Regular

The Unlucky Fellow [WIP] IN HIATUS

#1 Post by MJDAlleria »

Independent Project #01 (2011-present)

Game Title: The Unlucky Fellow
Alternate Title: Lucky
Genre(s): Horror, Romance, Friendship
Artist & Author: MJD
Inspiration: Lucky by MRAZ

Engine: Ren'Py

GAMEPLAY:

Depending on how you proceed into the story (the choices you make even the very little ones) and which girl you try to capture will result into 3 different ends for each character to be accurate. Originally the main characters had been given 6-7 endings, however, since I’m a beginner I decided to lessen the work load at least for a bit. Lazy—I know that...

Total of 15 endings; 4 good, 4 neutral, 4 bad & 3 secret ends, however, may result into just 14 if Livia’s Bad Ending isn’t approved, it shall be omitted. The game can be goal to conquest one of the two girls. Befriend the two guys or even try to match make them with one of the girls.

Total number of Endings: 8 (originally intended)
Total number of Endings: 15++

Note: This originally was play that I wrote for a midterm/final project in school, since I couldn't really participate due feeling ill I made the script by accident. Somehow it ended up being used and the play went on nicely but most parts didn't go as I thought so I decided to think of recreating the story once again with the use of Ren'Py. This is going to be hard, since I'm still a beginner and my art isn't that great.

SUMMARIAZED:
            • Harkin "may" have a bad time.
PROGRESS:
            • Plot [ 100% ]
              Script [ 38.3% ]
              Sprites:
                    • [list][list]Drafting [ 0.0% ]
                      Inked [ 0.0% ]
                      Colored [ 0.0% ]
          BG [ 0.0% ]
[/list][/list]

Main Characters:

HARKIN ARDSLEY
Passive || Eighteen || Male

LIVIA ROOKE
Aggressive || Seventeen || Female

CONNOR VACHER
Kind || Eighteen || Male

JOSEPH "JOEY" BOWIE
Friendly || Sixteen || Male

RACHEL EVERETTE
Shy || Eighteen || Female
Last edited by MJDAlleria on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:27 am, edited 29 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: The Unlucky Fellow [WIP]

#2 Post by fleet »

I hope you enjoy making your visual novel, and that people like it.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

tigersmurf
Regular
Projects: From Innocence

#3 Post by tigersmurf »

Good luck to you!

MJDAlleria
Regular

#4 Post by MJDAlleria »

Thanks fleet and tigersmurf, but for some reason I feel that no one would be interested in my Visual Novel....

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#5 Post by Tag- »

I say don't worry about it, there a lot of people who prefer commenting on complete works. :D

That being said, you could generate a lot more interest with pictures, more descriptions, or even a logo. Generally, the more information you present, the more people will be interested. I'm sure you'll get more people commenting as you add more to this :D

Wish you the best of luck~ ^^
PM me if needed

MJDAlleria
Regular

#6 Post by MJDAlleria »

Tag- wrote:I say don't worry about it, there a lot of people who prefer commenting on complete works. :D

That being said, you could generate a lot more interest with pictures, more descriptions, or even a logo. Generally, the more information you present, the more people will be interested. I'm sure you'll get more people commenting as you add more to this :D

Wish you the best of luck~ ^^
Oh it's Tag-. Hello.

Thanks, I plan to. I'll be showing some of my works by Sunday this week soon. (Have exams to do)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#7 Post by fleet »

Posting character sketches and screen shots will usually generate more comments. Don't get discouraged, at least you didn't get a lot of negative comments.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

MJDAlleria
Regular

#8 Post by MJDAlleria »

Managed to put some of my work samples early ^^

Though, I need to put more emotion into Harkin. He's a bit too stoic-looking

Weakjounin
Veteran

#9 Post by Weakjounin »

ooh pretty art :D
I've been checking your thread in secret and now that you have pictures I have something to base my opinions on.
I like it :D keep up the good work

MJDAlleria
Regular

#10 Post by MJDAlleria »

Weakjounin wrote:ooh pretty art :D
I've been checking your thread in secret and now that you have pictures I have something to base my opinions on.
I like it :D keep up the good work
Thank you Weakjounin ^^

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#11 Post by Tag- »

Oooh, there we go, pretty pictures xD

I'm happy you put up concept sketches and such as well. I'm really liking how Harkin turned out, and he's very tall xD I'm quite curious as to what led Livia to practically stab a mechanical pencil at him during their first meeting, but I'll wait for that of course :D
PM me if needed

MJDAlleria
Regular

#12 Post by MJDAlleria »

Tag- wrote:Oooh, there we go, pretty pictures xD

I'm happy you put up concept sketches and such as well. I'm really liking how Harkin turned out, and he's very tall xD I'm quite curious as to what led Livia to practically stab a mechanical pencil at him during their first meeting, but I'll wait for that of course :D
Thanks Tag-

Are those what the sketches I made called? (never knew)

Hmm... still haven't even got to that part of the script ^^"
Oh no I noticed Connor looks way too side character-ish now! I need to work on their profiles faster!

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#13 Post by Fawn »

I love your sketches! And your coloring as well. :) Don't say you're not that good of an artist, your drawings are beautiful.

Harkin reminds me of a friend I had in high school. He had horrible luck and also was blonde :P

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#14 Post by manga_otaku »

Ooo your character sketches are pretty wicked ^^ But I have no artistic skills at all so don't take it the wrong way ^^"
I'm liking the idea of this game - I look forward to the updates! And the full game of course ;)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

MJDAlleria
Regular

#15 Post by MJDAlleria »

Fawn wrote:I love your sketches! And your coloring as well. :) Don't say you're not that good of an artist, your drawings are beautiful.

Harkin reminds me of a friend I had in high school. He had horrible luck and also was blonde :P
Thanks, but really compared to some people I know. I'm not that good.

Oh? That's interesting, but though this guy will have much suffering ahead of him ^^"
manga_otaku wrote:Ooo your character sketches are pretty wicked ^^ But I have no artistic skills at all so don't take it the wrong way ^^"
I'm liking the idea of this game - I look forward to the updates! And the full game of course ;)
Haha you're the first to say they're wicked
I'll be updating very soon ^^