Has anyone heard from lordcloudx?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Has anyone heard from lordcloudx?

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

If so, please contact me.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Has anyone heard from lordcloudx?

#2 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm right here, Blue Lemma. This is pretty rude of you.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

You accuse me of being rude? That is the most ironic thing I have heard today. You have cursed at me, waged a PM campaign calling me and PyTom assholes, me a "prick" on your own Twitter feed, and made extremely thinly-veiled threats to bring down the forum.

By all means, if you want to share our discussion - the whole discussion - I have no problems with that. In fact, I encourage you to post the PMs you've been sending to people here. If I have been unreasonable, I would like to know. I am not perfect. If people can convince me that I owe you the "unconditional apology", right here, that you have demanded, I will give it to you without hard feelings.

Let us allow the forum members to make up their minds, as once you start talking about hurting the forum, it involves them as well. I have nothing to hide, and given your anti-LSF campaign recently, it appears you believe you don't, either.

Have at it, my friend.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

:) sure, BL. Sure
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

Here's the conversation in full: http://imageshack.us/g/828/15857899.png/

As you may or may NOT know, I am actually a long-standing member of this band of pseudo-intellectual amateurs who actively congregate in the Lemmasoft Forums and like to think they can make visual novels. At the time that this article was written, I had a long, heated conversation with an LSF admin known as Blue Lemma. He’s one of the two big cheeses around those parts. I think you can take a hint from the name. Blue Lemma? Lemmasoft? – total no-brainer. In any case, a perusal of the following conversation will reveal why LSF’s admin are rude, arbitrary and extremely judgmental in general. I’m going to make an exception for Sake-bento because she is a decent human being no matter how retarded her co-admin at the LSF may be.

It all started when a member named wright1000 posted a story about an internet suicide in the general discussion forum of the LSF. An admin named Blue Lemma saw the said thread and locked it. Nothing wrong with that, right? After all, suicides are scary and not fit for liddle manchildren like those that inhabit LSF.
This prompted me to question his decision and his final word on the matter was:

Blue Lemma: When a person is relatively often the subject of reports/flags, and those reports have merit, he loses the benefit of the doubt. :?

Now I personally thought that this logic was flawed because I believe that you should judge actions and not persons; especially if you hold a position of responsibility such as forum administrator. I disagreed with his policy, but I just let it be because it was his way of doing things.

Now then, during the course of our PM exchanges, another member of the LSF using the nickname “NewMember” came into the scene. NewMember has this habit of posting totally nonsensical threads and no one really knows if he’s a clueless kid who takes his threads seriously or if it’s just a troll account, but based on Pytom, the other LSF big cheese’s words, he’s most likely a troll.

renpytom: NewMember is a bunch of proxies all over the world.
renpytom: The IP address is pointless.

So this NewMember character posted another one of his troll-like threads. It was something about organizing an anti-SOPA (stop online piracy act) campaign and using girls farting rainbows at each other and flying whales from the moon as symbols of justice and freedom – no really, this is a normal NewMember thread.

So anyway, I said the following about that locked thread by Wright1000, which prompted an unwarranted remark from Blue Lemma. Case in point:

Lordcloudx: .. and for the record. I thought that thread was pretty silly as well
Blue Lemma: Almost as silly as the recent newmember thread? But I’m sure you know nothing about that. At all.

Now at this point, I didn’t really suspect a thing – who would, right? I figured it was just his way of saying, “Hey, I’m an admin here and I know stuff that you don’t know.” Kinda swaggering attitude, but still quite acceptable… but, I actually did know what is in that recent thread because I saw it just before Blue Lemma or some other admin decided to delete it without either making an example of it, or confronting NewMember directly about it. I’m just going to speculate that they did not take these steps because Blue Lemma and PyTom both have a history of arbitrarily using their admin powers without a second thought. Hey, I’m being judgmental aren’t I? I’m entitled to, though, as you will find out – I’m just reciprocating the exact same treatment that Blue Lemma gave me. Hey, what can I say? I’m a vengeful person. Does that mean my anger is unjustified? Well, let’s continue and you be the judge later.

In any case, I replied:

Lordcloudx: On the contrary, I saw it just before it got deleted :). Newmember was talking about making an anti-SOPA movement - or something like that.

Not at all, though. Newmember's threads are totally off-tangent... wright's threads are just a little bit of a wild tangent (hmm... I think that's a gaming company making shockwave-based games that I used to like.)

And here is where Blue Lemma gets extremely rude and thinks he’s justified about it.

Blue Lemma: Going back to the subject line here, let me put it another way: I'm convinced there's a strong connection between you and NewMember. Whenever you have an issue with me or PyTom, NewMember "coincidentally" posts something asinine shortly thereafter. And it "coincidentally" relates to the issue you had with us.

You know what? This PM alone was enough to drive me up the wall with rage. He’s actually admitting that he suspects – no that he’s been accusing me all along of being NewMember or at least somehow behind him because of an argument I had with PyTom in the past which prompted me to make a subtle poke at the admin in one of my posts. In fact, only the two big cheeses ever noticed that poke and it was directed at PyTom who chose to ignore it, while Blue Lemma just couldn’t let it slide. Meanwhile, the ordinary members of LSF all assumed it was just an insignificant little comment – which is what it was! In fact, I apologized to PyTom for even that comment after my head had cooled off a bit. Of course, Blue Lemma wouldn’t know that, would he? Of course he wouldn’t. He’s already convinced that I’m the big bad troll at the onset of this private message exchange.

Let’s continue:

Lordcloudx: Ah, I see. So it was a subtle reference to that - whaddaya know? This time, I didn't get it. Care to talk it over via YM, Skype or wherever? (irc channel?) Add me as lordcloudx via Skype or YM. I'm online now.

You can bring PyTom in if you want. I'm personally convinced that there's no link between me and NewMember and I'd like to make it clear for the two of you as well.

At this point, however, I'm certain that all your evidence against me is purely circumstantial. If there is a link between me and NewMember, it's a one-way connection from NewMember to me and vice-versa.

Oh and frankly, I'm pissed off that you'd even imply that.

I think you can tell from the tone of this reply that I was extremely pissed off at this point. I wanted to confront both of the big cheeses at that very moment and talk to them verbally – or at least in a more convenient way than via PM (private message) exchanges. Of course, Blue Lemma didn’t have the time for an oh-so-lowly troll suspect no. 1 based on his awesome powerz of deduction.

Thus, he replies via tedious PM:

Blue Lemma: I expected as much, but it's clear you've had a somewhat a resentful attitude towards the forum and/or the administrators. I understand you don't agree with how the community here runs (you're sure not the only one) and that you don't agree with every admin action we take (again, not the only one.)

There's no way you can prove that you haven't been egging NewMember on, or that you aren't posting as him - and there is no way we can prove that you are. All I know is that the timing and posts fit together way too well for me to think there is no connection. My personal suspicion is that NewMember is a troll (or someone who is just internet-etiquette clueless) that you encourage.

All we're trying to do here is run a forum that reasonable people can participate on civilly. There's no big overarching plan, and the people who gain most from it sure aren't me or PyTom. Heck, the biggest things I gain are a bunch of admin headaches from spammers and people bickering on threads. I suppose I did put a sale on a game I made for $3, which will clearly make me rich. :roll:

Basically, if you're trolling or encouraging trolls, please stop. It's not doing anyone any good. If you're not, then I apologize. Only you know for sure which it is.

Now if we’re going to pass value judgments on the moral character of people, here’s a good piece to work with. Note how Blue Lemma is once again dredging up ghosts of the not-so-distant past in order to add leverage to his extremely weak case against me being NewMember. This is the reply that pissed me off big time. In particular, this part: “There's no way you can prove that you haven't been egging NewMember on, or that you aren't posting as him - and there is no way we can prove that you are. All I know is that the timing and posts fit together way too well for me to think there is no connection. My personal suspicion is that NewMember is a troll (or someone who is just internet-etiquette clueless) that you encourage.”

Note once again the flawed logic utilized by Emperor Blue Lemma of The Azure Sky. I can’t prove that I haven’t been egging NewMember on? What kind of archaic 16th century system is Blue Lemma using? I don’t need to prove that I haven’t been egging NewMember on. His circumstantial evidence holds no water in a court of law or in a fair tribunal of any kind. No wait… it’s not even circumstantial. It’s pure speculation! A non-sequitur (does not follow) of epic proportions! Here’s how Blue Lemma’s mind works: “Look, cloudie just got into an argument with PyTom! Oooh NewMember just posted! Therefore, I conclude, CLOUD IS NEWMEMBER!”

Now here’s one thing you may not know about me. I have a bachelor of laws degree, so this statement is not only insulting to my character; it is also a supreme insult to my intellect. In any case, I was already quite emotionally unsettled at this point, which is why my response was visibly colored with anger.

At this point, I must warn you that profanity will follow – justifiably so:

Lordcloudx: Fucking OBJECTION! Unless you're following some archaic rules for judging the conduct of persons and applying your false sense of morality towards me, I'm fucking innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, dear reader. I do indeed play Phoenix Wright. Anyways, pretty sure that the rage is quite evident in this post. Was I overreacting? Perhaps, but I don’t deny that I have a short fuse. That’s beside the point. The fact of the matter is that Blue Lemma was making an unwarranted assumption against me based purely on speculation. There is no evidence to speak of! However I choose to react is my business.

You can read the rest in the screenshots, but it involves a lot of swearing, I kid you not.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

No, cloud, please do post the whole thing. It is only fair. How else will you show everyone the error of my ways?
lordcloudx wrote:You can read the rest in the screenshots, but it involves a lot of swearing, I kid you not.
You were the only one swearing.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

It's in the images, Blue Lemma. I thought you could read well enough ;)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by lordcloudx »

Frankly, it's 5 AM here. I'm dropping out of this. Have fun debating the merits of RAAAGE vs unwarranted, unjustified accusation, children.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#9 Post by Taleweaver »

Can somebody just lock this thread? I doubt this needs any more commenting or taking sides.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#10 Post by Blue Lemma »

Mods, do not lock and let this be buried. This sort of ridiculousness and threat needs to be called out.

You are the one who wanted to take this public, cloud.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by lordcloudx »

hear, hear!

Weakjounin
Veteran

#12 Post by Weakjounin »

Can we just say everyone has their shortcomings and a lot is lost in meaning when sent through written language since text can be interpreted in any tone of voice you want and as such this whole thing was based upon a misunderstanding based on circumstance and then we can move on?

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#13 Post by Fawn »

Sorry guys, but I couldn't help laughing at this "drama"... It's like an epic nerd throwdown xD hahahaha. It's just... too funny to take seriously... No offense to either of you but you're both pretty pathetic in this argument, especially lordcloudx...

The only trolls that should ever be of anyone's concern is those who are trying to start shit by spamming and/or hating on people. Those people are the ones that are actual threats. A "troll" that posts harmless (yet off-putting and sometimes mildly annoying) threads is a fail troll.

Frankly the "troll" thing is just... stupid anymore... it's kiddy lingo. Most trolls suck these days and just do it for attention/to be "funny". A person that really fits the definition associated "troll" is much more than a kid who likes to poke people with sticks- no, they are much smarter than that. And they have more important things to do than try to bug people on a hobby forum.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#14 Post by Sapphi »

Um... yeah... don't even know what to say.

Obviously this is the result of months of bottled up frustration and situations I don't even know enough about to take a side if I wanted to (and if I did, what would it prove?).

One thing I will say, Cloud, that if you want us to believe you deserve an apology, attempting to destroy the forum we visit on a daily basis is probably not the best strategy.

Oh yeah, and NewMember, if you're reading this, please finish that VN. Troll or not, you are brilliant, sir.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#15 Post by Pugfarts »

I actually started reading and then I was like.. "what is the point of this?"

someone explain what's going on in a concise manner for people like me who probably don't care either way.

From what I skimmed, Lemma owns the forum, his site his rules right? If he doesn't want threads about suicide he can zap them. Whats the big deal?