Slimey - A romantic movie [Kinetic novel]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Celianna
Veteran

Slimey - A romantic movie [Kinetic novel]

#1 Post by Celianna »

Slimey is a kinetic novel about a slime that falls in love with a human girl. A witch promises to turn him into a human if he can get his true love to kiss him before the full moon, will Slimey prevail in capturing his love?

Runtime: 1 hour and 5 minutes

I made this before I even knew the term 'kinetic novel' back in January, and deemed it a VX movie since it was made with RPG Maker VX. It makes fun of fairytales, and parodies RPG Maker VX. Every character in Slimey, except for Karin and Sly, are all stock characters of RPG Maker VX, with Ralph being the 'main hero'. Full of clichés and humour, I hope you enjoy Slimey!

A few screenshots to get you interested:

Image Image
Image Image

----------------------------------------------------------------

No download required, you can watch it on YouTube.

The playlist is here, or just watch the videos below (5 parts).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Credit list:

Creator
- Celianna

Program:
- RPG Maker VX

Graphics:
- Celianna
- Jalen
- Pentagonbuddy
- Famitsu Generator
- PINEDAVX
- Lunarea
- Ccoa
- Mack
- LexusX
- fauxonym7
- Rajawali
- Sen?

Scripts:
- BigEd781
- Bulletxt
- modern algebra
- Yanfly
- OriginalWij

Sound:
- Joerao
- Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
- Grand Fantasia
- Overlord
- Cronous
- Eternal Sonota
- Dot Hack
- Fiesta
- Anno 1701
- The Swan Princess
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

Re: Slimey - A romantic movie [Kinetic novel]

#2 Post by Pugfarts »

Cute art!

moxie
Regular

#3 Post by moxie »

That was just too cute! I was smiling the whole time. Sly is so adorable, and karin's such a kind person. They suit each other. I love the detail you put into this; it was a very entertaining hour. I liked the way you made fun of several cliches of rpgs, and the way you made the usual main character a side character.
I wanna play with rpgmaker now, but unfortunately I have a mac.
Great job! A fun, lighthearted story.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#4 Post by Fawn »

This is really adorable, and well made to boot :D I love it so far. (haven't finished yet, being too lazy haha)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by 15385bic »

SO cute...
wait. havent i heard of a story before with a slime and a person.......it was in a popular anime too. (it was a short side snippet) and it was a slime who fell in love with a king - they did end up married and had a daughter (who ended up being a magic slime too)<--although daughter had magic to transform to human form though..........
mh who cares? XD i cant remember

but this was really cute =D

although the witch was taken down really quick at the end O_o
i think sly was actually cuter as a slime XD - those big goregous eyes ;P

Celianna
Veteran

#6 Post by Celianna »

moxie wrote:That was just too cute! I was smiling the whole time. Sly is so adorable, and karin's such a kind person. They suit each other. I love the detail you put into this; it was a very entertaining hour. I liked the way you made fun of several cliches of rpgs, and the way you made the usual main character a side character.
I wanna play with rpgmaker now, but unfortunately I have a mac.
Great job! A fun, lighthearted story.
Thanks! I'm happy to be able to make people smile with this :)
15385bic wrote:SO cute...
wait. havent i heard of a story before with a slime and a person.......it was in a popular anime too. (it was a short side snippet) and it was a slime who fell in love with a king - they did end up married and had a daughter (who ended up being a magic slime too)<--although daughter had magic to transform to human form though..........
That sounds even stranger than my premise :lol: haven't heard of it though. Thanks for watching!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#7 Post by Camille »

This was really adorable! I'm glad I set aside the time to watch the whole thing. I loved the grandmother and Sly was just so adorable that you couldn't help but root for him and Karin. This was really interesting to watch. :D Thanks so much for creating it and sharing it!

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#8 Post by VenusEclipse »

I only watched the first video and all I can say so far is it's really charming. It reminds me of the Little Mermaid story. I like how you give us the monster's point of view when the hero(?) just attacks monsters as though he's in some RPG. :lol:

Monster: Why are you attacking me? D=
Hero: For experience points!

Celianna
Veteran

#9 Post by Celianna »

Camille wrote:This was really adorable! I'm glad I set aside the time to watch the whole thing. I loved the grandmother and Sly was just so adorable that you couldn't help but root for him and Karin. This was really interesting to watch. :D Thanks so much for creating it and sharing it!
Thanks! Everyone's most loved character seems to be Sly, and then the grandmother - though I can't say I disagree, since they're also my favourites.

Since you already watched it:
When the grandmother first meets Sly, the censored word she uses to describe him is actually 'slime', she knew he was a slime the instant she met him - but making it censored just gave so much more humour.
VenusEclipse wrote:I only watched the first video and all I can say so far is it's really charming. It reminds me of the Little Mermaid story.
I think at one point I described it as a mix of The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast and The Swan Princess myself haha.
I like how you give us the monster's point of view when the hero(?) just attacks monsters as though he's in some RPG. :lol:

Monster: Why are you attacking me? D=
Hero: For experience points!
That would be Ralph, and he is indeed getting some exp! :lol: He's the main hero in most RPG Maker VX games, where slimes are usually the first enemy you encounter, so I used him as a parody.

AriaAi
Regular
Projects: Go! Youth!
Deviantart: JunnChii
Soundcloud: JunnChii

#10 Post by AriaAi »

Ahaha. It was so adorable! <3 It really was a fun hour reading this. :) All of the characters seemed really developed to me, and the Slime is so adorable. "What's a kiss?" PFF-- AND I LOVE THE GRANDMA. "What is this *** doing in my house?" and "You should do *** and *** to him." Lmbo. Also, the Ralph parody was hilarious. This was such an enjoyable KN. (●´ω`●)ゞテレ

Arisu

#11 Post by Arisu »

I remember watching this a while ago, but now I'm tempted to watch it again. It's absolutely adorable, and you're skilled with RMVX as well. Thank you for sharing ^_^

15385bic wrote:wait. havent i heard of a story before with a slime and a person.......it was in a popular anime too. (it was a short side snippet) and it was a slime who fell in love with a king - they did end up married and had a daughter (who ended up being a magic slime too)<--although daughter had magic to transform to human form though..........
Sounds like Dragon Half. :3

CombatEye
Regular

#12 Post by CombatEye »

Arisu wrote:I remember watching this a while ago, but now I'm tempted to watch it again. It's absolutely adorable, and you're skilled with RMVX as well. Thank you for sharing ^_^

15385bic wrote:wait. havent i heard of a story before with a slime and a person.......it was in a popular anime too. (it was a short side snippet) and it was a slime who fell in love with a king - they did end up married and had a daughter (who ended up being a magic slime too)<--although daughter had magic to transform to human form though..........
Sounds like Dragon Half. :3
Yes, it's totally dragon half.

OT: I just finished watching it. Nice job. I liked how Karin responds to the annoying characters, the censored words, and the use of the grandmother. :D
I think the fight with the witch could have gone on a little more, it felt a touch anti-climatic since grandma defeats the witch so easily. But it works.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#13 Post by Desu_Cake »

That was the sweetest story I've read in a long time. I absolutely loved it!

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#14 Post by MaiMai »

This looks adorable and I must download this
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#15 Post by Blane Doyle »

OK, this was ADORABLE! I would love to be able to download it and play it at my own pace, but this was very enjoyable all the same. 83