Versatile Composer

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ZackParrish
Regular

Versatile Composer

#1 Post by ZackParrish »

Hello everybody, Just happened to stumble on this forum today and figured I'd post here offering my services in music to anybody that's interested. I was always curious about communities like this one(whether or not they existed) but never really LOOKED for one. :]

Anyway, I typically just write music for video games but I'll write for almost anything as long as it inspires me.

You can stream my music at...

http://soundcloud.com/zack-parrish

First set of tracks is mixed up quite a bit in terms of style/genre. If you want an example of something in particular just let me know.

Edit - Adding some linkage...

Leaking some of my current works, one of which is for a VN from here.

The Saga of Original Sin OST(In Progress)
Only sharing a couple of tracks from this...
http://soundcloud.com/zack-parrish/title/s-3RmR8
http://soundcloud.com/zack-parrish/the- ... -1/s-Z4BIB

Windhaven - The Grand Finale (Final Battle Music)
http://soundcloud.com/zack-parrish/wind ... al-assault

If you like what you hear and have any requests feel free to email me at cblockdis@gmail.com

Tootles,
Zack
Last edited by ZackParrish on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

Re: Versatile Composer

#2 Post by cloudyssky »

Wonderful music. Very professional. What program(s) are you using?
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

ZackParrish
Regular

#3 Post by ZackParrish »

I use Sonar 8.5, and mainly use Kontakt 4 for loading samples. Depends on the set though. Thanks for the kind words. :]

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

Whoa, you weren't joking when you said you were a "versatile composer." And I mean that in the most positive, respective way possible :D "Blistering Heights" sounds lofty and mystical, well-suited for a fantasy game. Then comes "The Uprising," a rockin' beat to listen to while beating the final boss into submission. Skip down to "BitCast" and now I'm thrown into 30 seconds of good ol' 8bit style.

LSF has always needed more musicians, so I'm glad you've stumbled here. Are you willing to work non-commercially, or are you charging a price for your songs? I might ask for a couple songs if you're working for free...

ZackParrish
Regular

#5 Post by ZackParrish »

Well, I usually charge when doing work for video games but this to me seems more of a hobby forum so I'm willing to do the occasional track for free as long as it doesn't take me a century to write it. :p

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#6 Post by Fawn »

Very beautiful pieces you have there! :D I especially like "Let me show you my band saw", it's catchy! I'll keep you in mind if I need some composing in the future. ;)

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

#7 Post by Kindred87 »

Whoa ho ho, great sound quality. Have you been composing for quite some time?
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#8 Post by Mickychi »

Sounds great! Just wondering what are your normal prices for doing songs for commercial VN's?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

ZackParrish
Regular

#9 Post by ZackParrish »

Fawn: Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Kindred: I've been hobbying music composition since I was about 9 or 10 but started taking it serious when I was a sophmore in highschool. As far as an estimate for how long... 10+ years off and on maybe?

Mickychi: I would probably be okay with dropping to my rate for indie games since I have little knowledge about visual novels. When I get home I will PM you with those rates.

Thanks for all the kind words. Seems like I have come to the right place. :]

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#10 Post by Nellie »

Hey, could you PM me your rates as well? Non-commercial indie games :) Thanks!

ZackParrish
Regular

#11 Post by ZackParrish »

I can still squeeze in small projects or possibly even a larger project into my schedule.

Also updated my soundcloud with a "showreel" on the main page, and a few game soundtracks on there.

Thanks for listening/reading.

-Zack

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#12 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Yeah, yeah, versatile is the word. Well done.

Want some paid work? Character leitmotifs for Bliss Stage, or possibly soundtrack work for a space opera film? PM me.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

ZackParrish
Regular

#13 Post by ZackParrish »

Getting close to complete with one larger scale project and a smaller scale one, so I will have some more time open up for another large project and several smaller ones(these are usually quick to finish).

I'm not free... and not willing to be either. I also will not work for royalties because 99/100 those projects flop.

If you would like to use me PM me or email me at cblockdis@gmail.com, and I will disclose my rates to you.

Tootles,
Zack