Dorchadas[GxBxG][Horror]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
serusk
Projects: Aywen, Dorchadas

Dorchadas[GxBxG][Horror]

#1 Post by serusk »

Dorchadas!
Edit: I added a picture of Colleen so you can see what she looks like XD
Warning though, includes Violence and use of drugs. Mainly pot.
Story-
War has broken out among the world, not between countries, but between the horrid monsters called Deads. Everyone is fighting them, but it doesn't seem to be going very well.
One of the people fighting was Colleen's older brother, Danny.

When Danny dies, Colleen becomes depressed and overwhelmed with sadness. And Such feelings Calls a portal to Dorchadas, releasing Deads into Colleen's college and city.

But it just doesn't stop there, Colleen is thrown into a world of Warfare, Nightmares, Powerfull men and a underground gang.
Gameplay-
It's basicly a visual novel with menu choices. However, every choice is change Colleen's personality. You can lead her to never overcome her brother's death and turn her bitter, or you can drive her completly insane. Certian personalitys will change endings, romances, and alot of dialog. For insance, if your bitter you may not be able to actually make it through the whole game because of...certant complications.
Characters-
Colleen-
Image She's a student at Blue Pen University. Colleen's always be a sweet, nice girl. Though the death of her Brother leads her into depression mood. Depending on choices you make, her personality and thinking will change.

Nick-
A stoner and Colleen's childhood friend. Despite smoking alot of pot, He can be deep and understanding. Nick's always there for his friends, and specially Colleen. Which it is completly edvent that he has possibly the biggest crush ever on her.
Though underneath his bright attuitude, he has a deep self hatred hidden within him.

Blake-
Another one of Colleen's friend, Blake is always busy with his more popular friends. Though to outsiding people, it seems like Blake and Nick are best friends, but in fact they don't really like eachother.

Captain Miller-
A lead captain of squad. He reports Danny's death to Colleen.
Miller is ruthless and cruel, which is understanding towards the Deads. Though his ignorance towards Virilius may lead to his downfall.

Virilius-
At a young age, Virilius seized power and gained most of his money through his father. Virilius is alot like Colleen, they're both bonded to Dorchadas.
Virilius believes Dorchadas and the Human's plane can live together as one united world.

Rain-
A mysterious girl who Colleen meets in Dorchadas. She's scared and a little insane. She knows everything about Dorchadas, for she's been trapped for what it seems like ages.

Camilla-
A student from a expesnive college, Camilla's college however was sacked by the Deads. She's quick to befriend Colleen but hates Virilius.

Red Flower-
A masked girl working for the underground gang called The wolves.
She's vulgur, violent and is pretty damn seductive. She only uses her moves on Crazy guy though.

Crazy guy-
A masked boy working for the underground gang called The wolves.
He's...crazy, vulgur and smartassed. He's tottaly in love with Red flower, but half the time they're trying to kill eachother. Young love...

Cassis-
The leader of The wolves.
Not much is known.

Whoa, those are alot of characters XD
-

Anyway, that's pretty much it.
I've gotten alot of the scripting and writing done, but not so much the art work. I'm on my laptop, so it's harder for me to draw.

Hopefully I get a demo out soon.

Anyway, any tips or whatever is greatly appreactied. This is my first Visual novel I'm making soo....XD

Current sprites done-
Image Nick's sprite. This is when he's not stoned.
Image Blake's sprite. Lol he looks asian.
Again, sorry I don't have much done. I wish my scanner worked.

The frame looks...pretty bad. But I'm no good when it comes to graphics like this, but practice makes perfect right?
Also it looks pretty light bubbly, but it gets dark when it progesses.

Anyway, please tell me what you think! :3

Sorry about any spelling mistakes, I don't have spell check on my browser.

Also proof readers would be nice XD but I honstely should just do it myself so I can learn x3
Last edited by serusk on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

Re: Dorchadas[GxBxG][Horror]

#2 Post by cloudyssky »

I'll be up for proofing. This likes an interesting game. I like the art, and the name is pretty cool too :]
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

serusk

#3 Post by serusk »

Thank you ^^ It makes feel 100 times better hearing someone say they're intrested!
And great, I need a proof reader XD

And the Name is irish for "Darkness", if you're intrested.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#4 Post by cloudyssky »

Neat. I'm Irish myself so that makes things all the more interesting. Feel free to PM some text to look at, upload the script here, or if you want my email I can PM it to you. I'm very glad to help! :)
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by try10 »

This game really piqued my interest cause I love dark themes. The art is nice and the plot is original. :D

I wish you good luck in finishing it!

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#6 Post by Pugfarts »

you should probably change the color of blake's pants.. unless he really isn't wearing pants in which case I should just go away now..

serusk

#7 Post by serusk »

@try10 Thanks :D I'm glad you're intrested!

@pugfarts I...Did not see that :I Thanks for letting me know, I'ma fix that.