Analogue: A Hate Story

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

Analogue: A Hate Story

#1 Post by Dollywitch »

http://scoutshonour.com/analogue/

It's out soon. It's $15 but I'll probably buy it as I liked Digital and don't take it personally babe.

Who else is in?

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

Re: Analogue: A Hate Story

#2 Post by cloudyssky »

First time hearing about this, but it seems really amazing. I always like the kind of mystery stories where you have to find out what happened to a town, ship, or whatever. Can't wait to play it.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Skye
Projects: -to be revealed at a later date-
Organization: Skye Studios

#3 Post by Skye »

Also my first time hearing about it. I always like a good mystery *cough cough* (though I cheat like half the time) For example...

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6036/39938687.png
and...
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4626/50706730.png

snapshots from my google :)

applegirl
Veteran

#4 Post by applegirl »

Heck yeah I'm in! I really like Digital and DTIPB, so this is an automatic get for me :)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool »

Looks really intriguing, though I hate the title - it's pretty obvious it's cashing in the popularity of the other games.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Well, it started as a kind of joke, and then she decided to keep it. A bit like the previous game she did for me, Love & Order - it was just a title she put as temporary one but then I loved it and we ended up using it in the final game release :D
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#7 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I've been eagerly anticipating this for quite some time. I've been a fan of Scout's since day one, really, so I'll be one of the first in line for this.

And I'll probably get right into it too, but I'm very careful with my mood when it comes to Scout's stuff. I put off playing Digital for almost a full year because I wasn't sure I was ready for it yet, but when I did get to it, it did not fail to amaze. On the other hand, I devoured Don't Take It Personally, Babe... and Analogue will likely be no different.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by DaFool »

I don't know, I still like her pre-Digital works, before she became famous.

Now I just cannot have the right mindset when playing, it's like playing bentosmile.

The project itself with the unique Korean setting is very, very interesting, but this whole 'hey look I have this franchise that clicks with the indiegame crowd I'll go along with it' kinda turns me off.

I'd rather she just packaged it off as its own unique IP.

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#9 Post by Dollywitch »

To be fair the previous two games were done in a limited time frame when she was starting out writing VNs. Now she's gotten a lot of feedback and a bit more experience she's sort of using a lot of ideas from those two for a more full length VN, which I think is reasonable enough. It's not as much cashing in but letting people know that it's an evolution of her previous games.

Also, to be fair, she has to pay the bills. It's hard to come by a decent job these days and she's relying on getting some kind of income from her writing, which I think is fair enough. I'd like to get to that point too, though I'd like to put out some short free VNs then as well on the side if I had time(great to get people roped in).

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#10 Post by DrakeNavarone »

http://isaacschankler.bandcamp.com/albu ... -story-ost

Preorder the OST.

Get the game.

Be a better person.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#11 Post by Mink »

Is it weird that this is the only game of hers that actually interests me? I mean, I just had no real interest in Digital or DTIPB, but I'll probably play this. Or at least the demo.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#12 Post by KomiTsuku »

I've never really been a fan of her works, so I must pass. The interfaces have always been really nice, and look nice for this game as well, but the stories never hooked me.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I...agree with KomiTsuku. Or maybe, I just really don't like bishoujo or games full of girls :lol:
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

applegirl
Veteran

#14 Post by applegirl »

Game is now on Steam! Woah, the 1st renpy game on Steam ever I believe :shock:

I played through it (finally earning 100% completion) and was surprised:
Far darker storyline than I could have ever imagined. The things done the the Pale Bride...and a lot of other women were quite horrific. Dark and unexpected twists in this one, as well as a surprising GxG romance.
I can really see the influence from all of C. Love's previous work in this one. It was interesting, I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. I can't say I've read one like this before.

Hmm...it gave me a lot to think about, that's for sure. Regardless, congrats on the Steam addition :)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#15 Post by Blane Doyle »

I am utterly shocked THIS game was chosen. However, I am in no way against it at all! This is very good for coverage and may draw in quite a few people, perhaps even bring OELVN and VNs into a more public light in the future.

I'm just surprised they went for a more "pure" VN gameplay wise. I would think something like Magical Diary would be more up their alley, raising sim and all. That said, I still have yet to play this game fully... maybe this is the excuse I need.