Collaborative LSF VN Project (and I like you.)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Collaborative LSF VN Project (and I like you.)

#61 Post by KomiTsuku »

I respectfully decline. I've never been one for collaborations and after the whole Pet Project fiasco (for me anyway), I'm very likely to never do a collaboration work again. I'm still pretty sure that people are going to rage at me when I release my (now)separate pet project here in a couple weeks...

But the tournament idea with comedy... I dunno. You might be able to draw me out with that one. I don't really get out into the community that much, so this would be fun and interesting for me. My work schedule is even clearing up soon. Although it would be more effective for me to simply contribute my resources for open use and experience to help build a ladder. Sigh... I'm torn.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#62 Post by HigurashiKira »

Chushiki Maho wrote:NOTE: Hmmm... How about we make a 'moving in time thing'? Or going through alternate universes. We just gotta fond an explanation for that, and voilà~ Multiple settings~
I say we follow the MST3K Mantra for that one. All anyone needs to know is that multimple characters from different universes are together and they are about to do stuff together.

How about something like "Big Brother" treating it like a reality TV show, except with less drama and more monkeying around.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#63 Post by Chushiki Maho »

HigurashiKira wrote:
Chushiki Maho wrote:NOTE: Hmmm... How about we make a 'moving in time thing'? Or going through alternate universes. We just gotta fond an explanation for that, and voilà~ Multiple settings~
I say we follow the MST3K Mantra for that one. All anyone needs to know is that multimple characters from different universes are together and they are about to do stuff together.

How about something like "Big Brother" treating it like a reality TV show, except with less drama and more monkeying around.
LOL okie dokie. As long as we're still 'monkeying around' Anyways... A reality TV show...? Hmm... Like have mutliple characters and their creators on one team and so on? And like... Asking them questions that don't make sense...?! XD With buzzing noises..?! PARADISE~ LOL jk. Anyways.. Any comments on that?
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by CheeryMoya »

If you don't mind, I'll sum up what the game's points are based on general consensus:
  • Humor/Adventure metagame using characters from both released games and current WIPs on LSF
  • All participants will donate 2 of their characters for use in the story
  • All art and writing styles are welcomed, as the game will be very modular
Tentative features are:
  • An original protagonist that is created specifically for this game
  • Lots of branching
  • Festival/Character popularity battle royale(?)
  • Reality TV
I think that's pretty much everything that has been suggested.

Now to add in a suggestion of my own: base the story on the Hero's Journey. It's a universally known story, and yet it has plenty of room to add twists to it. It can be very lighthearted, like an overly exaggerated quest to find something regular and mundane (like traveling throughout the world to find the perfect pair of shoes). As the original protagonist travels, he (or she!) meets the characters from LSF games. This doesn't need much fighting to take place, as it can be like a giant sidequest.
IDK, does that make sense?
Reikun wrote: Also, it seems that most people who are interested in this project want it to be a comedy. What kind of world/setting are you guys interested in though? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Modern times? But then I suppose we might not be limited to one type of setting depending on how the mini-adventure transitions are written?
If we go with my suggestion, then setting transitions won't look so strange. We can go from under the sea to outer space if we wanted!

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#65 Post by Gear »

Trapped in a TV set with a cat pacing on the remote?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by HigurashiKira »

Gear wrote:Trapped in a TV set with a cat pacing on the remote?
LSF trapped in TV Land?

Chushiki Maho
Regular

#67 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Gear wrote:Trapped in a TV set with a cat pacing on the remote?
XD what a beautiful image.... That made me giggle. LOL, interesting....
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#68 Post by Stripe »

I feel like some kind of Big Brother thing would actually be beautiful ;A; Everyone creates a character each, and it's all just about how they interact with each other and whatever else happens to them all....

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by HigurashiKira »

Ris wrote:I feel like some kind of Big Brother thing would actually be beautiful ;A; Everyone creates a character each, and it's all just about how they interact with each other and whatever else happens to them all....
If we do something like Big Brother. Oh how that Confession Booth is gonna get used so hard...

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by Gear »

Maybe I should watch that show and find out what all of you are talking about...
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#71 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I've always feared shows like that, but if it's for this, I go hide in a quiet place and youtube it so no one can hear me scream. 8)
Oh, and it took me a couple minutes to realize you weren't talking about the government...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Chushiki Maho
Regular

#72 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Gear wrote:Maybe I should watch that show and find out what all of you are talking about...
Took the words right outta my mouth. XD
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by HigurashiKira »

Here's a nice example of what Big Brother is like (It's in spanish though, and much funnier and bearable than the real show) :

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by Gear »

Oi. I think my vote's going to the channel-flipping cat idea. Though one of the channels could have "Big Brother" on it. Or Survivor or something like that.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by CheeryMoya »

Not to rain on the parade, but we need to stick with ideas that are workable. I like the TV idea as long as it's no wilder than that.

If we stick to the adventuring idea, then the game could be a TV show following that adventure, and maybe whenever that cat steps on the remote, the scene changes (along with an art and writing shift).