Train of Afterlife (Mystery, Psychological, Horror)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mirage
Veteran

Train of Afterlife (Mystery, Psychological, Horror)

#1 Post by Mirage »

A beginning of an end...

You are riding on a train without a name, memory, or your own body. Along with you are five other passengers who will share their thoughts and various tales of their past life before reaching their destination. One of them is clearly different from the rest, as he or she is closely tied to your past - a past that will greatly change your destination. As you embark for the final stage of your life, what will you discover? What is waiting for you at the end of your journey?

Train of Afterlife is a mystery, psychological, horror Visual Novel made in Flash. There are a total of 9 endings, 1 side story, and an extra gallery.

Opening Movie:

>>> Official Site
>>> Download Demo
>>> Play Online

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

Re: Train of Afterlife (Mystery, Psychological, Horror)

#2 Post by frederic09 »

hi mirage,
i bought the game yesterday but... how can i get the ending #1 ?

I've maxxed the awareness, the enlightened and darkness bars but i keep getting the Ending #7.

Could i have a little hint please ?

It's the last ending i need to get :p
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#3 Post by Fawn »

Beautiful art and opening, I haven't played it yet but I can tell you put a lot of love into the game. :) Thanks for sharing.

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#4 Post by Stripe »

I really, really wish I had money right now augh. Just played the demo and this is beautiful. ;_; I know what I'll be buying when I get paid~

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#5 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Loved the demo! Art is amazing and the concept is interesting. Sadly, like Ris, I'm not in the position to buy anything at the moment. :/
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Loved the opening! So sad, beautiful, and mysterious. The premise sounds interesting. I plan on playing the demo, but I have a question for purchase; I do not have PayPal, credit, or debit. I did see an option called "Amazon Checkout". Does this mean I can purchase the game through Amazon? Let me know, 'cause I can always buy an Amazon card for my account and buy it that way. Thankies ^.^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#7 Post by Nightydreams »

I played the demo on kongregate and I must say, it is very appealing to me, the calm atmosphere that is permeated by a feeling of great unknowness along with the most atmospheric music and you've got yourself a win nar.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

Seven
Regular

#8 Post by Seven »

Does this game has a good ending?
Sorry, just asking :)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#9 Post by jack_norton »

Kokoro Hane wrote:I did see an option called "Amazon Checkout". Does this mean I can purchase the game through Amazon? Let me know, 'cause I can always buy an Amazon card for my account and buy it that way. Thankies ^.^
I can answer this, since she uses BMT like me (and most other indies). Yes you are right, you can use your Amazon balance/cards to buy the game :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Kuh-Couch

#10 Post by Kuh-Couch »

I played the demo to a certain degree (not all of it, because I had to go do something (dont know what it was ^^)). It's a very fine visual novel. It developes a deeper understanding about whats going on; there are questions to be answerd and -of course- the art is very neat (the idea to make a game in a "ghost-like"-state to not explicitly draw characters for the story but their silhouettes is a risky thing, but ich think you did it well).

I like it so far. When time is on my side I will play through the demo and maybe buy it ^^

Mirage
Veteran

#11 Post by Mirage »

I just added a guide in my site, so if anyone is having trouble getting the endings, please check it: http://toa.zeiva.net

@Seven
I'm not spoiling that one :D

Thanks for all the comments. I was actually really nervous posting a game thread here for the first time ^^;

applegirl
Veteran

#12 Post by applegirl »

AHHH!!!

Sorry, that was a fangirl reaction :) I'm so glad you posted here Mirage! I can't tell you how much I've loved your work. I remember playing Other Age on a website and thinking to myself "Wow, I like this game creator." Then came OASE (a sorely, sorely underappreciated gem of a VN) that had countless hours of great characters/humor/story which I loved <3. Then of course, X-note which was brilliantly done in so many ways :3 I so want to write reviews of each game, but I know it would just be endless gushing praise, hehe.

My apologies, but I love your games. I always check your fb page for updates on your future games and I just cannot wait for Dragon Essence and Area-X :D

You are amazing. Your VNs always make me smile and laugh and feel like every cent spent was well worth it.

This VN was an automatic get for me~ My apologies for also making this a long post gushing over your past work, I haven't finished Train of Afterlife yet. But I can safely say that based on how much I enjoyed your past work and how much I enjoyed TOA so far, I'll be just as amazed as always.

Thank you for creating such wonderful VNs. I always wanted to tell you this :)

Also: to anyone who is on the fence about getting this VN. Yes, it is a definite buy <3

EDIT: Also, to anyone who hasn't bought OASE or X-note, buy those too. They're also awesome :D

Seven
Regular

#13 Post by Seven »

@Mirage
Sorry!Just curious :) And I really like the artwork.
Maybe I would ask my father to buy one for me :wink:

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#14 Post by Kokoro Hane »

jack_norton wrote:
Kokoro Hane wrote:I did see an option called "Amazon Checkout". Does this mean I can purchase the game through Amazon? Let me know, 'cause I can always buy an Amazon card for my account and buy it that way. Thankies ^.^
I can answer this, since she uses BMT like me (and most other indies). Yes you are right, you can use your Amazon balance/cards to buy the game :)

That is awesome. Thanks ^.^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Benazir
Regular

#15 Post by Benazir »

I've already bought 'Train of Afterlife'. I'm still on Wind's path ... but the more I play this game, the more I like it. :)