月の姫 | Kaguya-hime [GxB] [Fairy Tale] - Updated 11th Aug

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

月の姫 | Kaguya-hime [GxB] [Fairy Tale] - Updated 11th Aug

#1 Post by Rin »

We are looking for a BG artist. Please either contact me through: rinyoshikumi@gmail.com or PM me if you are interested. Thank you very much!

>>> Rin's message!!! <<<

It’s Rin, the project’s artist. I wasn’t be able to work for quite a time because I had to went through some irl difficulties which is seriously important. I’m very sorry for the delay and will try to accelerate the speed. Although I managed to have more free time than before but my problem irl still takes my top priority as it relates to my family so I hope for some understanding here : (

STILLLLLLLL

I'll work hard for FTKH : D!

Please lemme thank you for those who gave me the comments here and at the same time I apologize for my absence : (
Thank you so muuuuchly, for sending me mails to ask about the progress.

And just to be clear, we are still working for the project, I'll responsible for the time we lost because of my problem so I'll work harder to make it up. Please support us, we'll try our best to pull out a worthy output and we really really hope you can enjoy it!

Thank you very much~

Rin.

[*][/b]New Official Site - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]New polls for the Official Site - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]New concept arts (for more pictures please visit our official site, tyvm~) - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Made a slight changes on characters' profiles - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Added new character - Kaguyahime - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Added new character - The Phantom Thief - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Added new character - Setsuna - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Added new character - Frey - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Renew Sifal's portrait - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Renew Lyric's portrait - Aug 11[/color]
[*][/b]Updated Priscilla's portrait - Feb 01
[*][/b] Blog updated, as well as the 2 rivals' information and the character' quotes - Jan 29
[*][/b] German version will be available - Dec 03
[*][/b] Blog updated, a Screenshot of CG Gallery added (in Screenshot section down there) and new logo - Dec 11
[*][/b] 2 polls are added in the blog. Please give me a hand by voting for the idea(s) that you might be interested. Thanks guys <3 - Dec 07
[*][/b] Blog updated <33 - Dec 07

Hello LSF-ers,

For the past month, I have been working on a little project. I'm seriously new to Ren'Py so I've got some trouble D: I had a random idea about making a Visual Novel based on my country's traditional story, Kaguya-hime (or the Moon Princess). It took me like a month just to finish the main characters design and getting used with Ren'Py >_>, instead of doing my homework D:

I have every intention of seeing this project through to the end. Also, I hope I have included satisfactory information about my characters as well as the story.

And after many redos, this is my final product

Project's name: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime
Genre: Otome visual novel (GxB)
Official Site: http://ftkaguyahime.wordpress.com/

Haunted, being followed, being haunted by your misfortune. Is it such a terrible thing… or, is it destiny’s way to carve out the truest path?

Lyric is living in an orphanage when she was still a newborn baby. She’s spent her entire life, alone, in an old attic of an orphanage hidden away in a solitary valley. Any families that adopted her died in some horrific accident after living with her for a short time. She's locked in the world which feels alien to her, a world which she feels she does not belong in, a world where all she has experienced is pain and suffering.
Until one day, the orphanage's calamity comes like a whirlwind, just like any families that adopted Lyric.

LYRIC
Lyric is the one you’ll play as. She doesn’t have a last name, since her parents are pretty unknown. She was left in the orphanage when she was still a baby.
She is thought of as a cursed child as many and that attitude of people had turned her into a cold-hearted girl. She shows no interest in everything, and likes to keep herself alone. She has a sharp tongue and she won’t hesitate to say what is on her mind.
The story about her being a cursed child started spreading when people found that all the families who had adopted her had died in horrific accidents.
Now she lives in an orphanage but nothing much change; people still think of her as a cursed child and many tend to ignore her.

Dislikes: Mostly everything[/b]

Quotes:
"I don't need any help"

“Well, I suppose you can go freeze to death while you’re at it.”

HEATH SPENCER
Heath is mature, thoughtful, kind, gentle, very reliable and charming person. Known as the Doctor, he is considered to be very considerate person by everyone. No one has ever seen him losing his temper, and people think of him as someone who they can depend upon. He is a very organized person and is the only working person in the family of two. He is currently in a relationship.

Likes: Cooking, Reading, Cleaning, Taking care of others, enjoying Mother Nature
Dislikes: Not sure

Quotes:
“Are you sure you’re all right? I don’t want to let you go, knowing that you’re sick. That’d make me feel bad.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll have it handled.”

“Don’t you love this weather? I think it’s perfect in the springtime.”

ZEPHYR SPENCER
His older brother – Heath – 's polar opposite. Zephyr dyed his hair to blue and even changed his name. Funny and outgoing, he is like a clown who likes to make everyone around him laugh, although he often talks and acts before he thinks. He loves dancing with a passion and would have been more loved then his brother, if not for his rebellious and notorious attitude.

He is a member of a street dancing group, and also likes bike racing. The only thing he love more than dancing and riding his bike, is his brother, who he cherish beyond anything.

Dislikes: Staying still, studying

Quotes:
“That was cool, right, Lyric? You should have seen me earlier.”

"Man, I’m hungry..” *stomach rumbles* “Whoa, Lyric! Your stomach is so loud!”

"Try and make me."

LEON DEVEREAUX
Leon is a wealthy noble, who seems to live a life similar to Lyric. But unlike Lyric, he had accepted it and molded himself perfectly. There’s a rumors that he has been living alone for a several hundred years, without eating anything. The only thing he prefers to taste is wines, especially red wines such as Bordeaux.
He doesn't seems like a chatty type, but extremely private and likes to keep to himself, until and unless it is necessary for him to mingle with others. By those who don’t know him very well, he could probably be seen as a hard-ass – severe. The only thing he likes to do, except sitting alone and drinking, is playing violin.

Dislikes: What for?

Quotes:
“Why are you here?”

“Are you done? Please show yourself out of the door and don't forget to close it."

“There’s no need to panic. Any person with his wits about him or her could keep calm. I can see that’s not the same for you.”

SIFAL FARAJ
Sifal is an Arabic king who has many fans, is considered to be a lady-killer and very popular. Despite his age, Sifal is a great ruler. On the other hand, when it comes to ladies, he is hardly ever shy. He’s quite romantic, is the one always smiling at women and opening doors, exchanging gestures, and having small talk.
As a wealthy king, he has everything he wants, and does everything he wants which makes him kind of selfish and overprotective. Also, he dearly loves jewels, especially pearls and enjoys eating them which is totally weird. He often related things to jewels while talking.

Dislikes: Not sure

Quotes:
“Womanizer? I take that as a compliment, little Pearl.”

"Do you know Kral, the only thing I like better than these pearls is Lyric; she looks as if many a great pearls were used to mould her body."

“Ah, madam, you look positively radiant today. May I take your coat?”

FREY GENADIEV
~Coming soon~

Generally, he’s talented, good-looking and nice but he can sometimes get pretty sarcastic.
Working as a singer in night clubs, but he seems to have very few friends. There are many dark rumors about him, though.

Dislikes: What do you think?

Quotes:

~Coming soon~

SETSUNA

~Other character~

EMILY HALE

Heath’s girlfriend. She has a 23 years old little brother. Although she’s the daughter of military commander, Emily is shy, feminine, naïve, serene and very fragile. She does everything slowly, carefully as if everything would break if she makes one wrong step. She doesn’t like wearing revealing clothes and always treat everyone with respect. She is almost like Heath in a woman body and everyone thinks that Heath and Emily are a match made in heaven.
She seems always pleased with her current life.

Dislikes: Insects and frogs, sweets, fight, war, rude peoples, wines

Quotes:

“Oh, thank you. This is absolutely lovely.”

“That’s a stovetop? I never knew what it looked like before… I’m intrigued to see more of what’s in the kitchen.”

PRISCILLA FERRELL

The only daughter of the president. Like the leader of the country, she exhibits impeccable bravery, frankness, superiority and sovereignty. Priscilla has the strength to take command of any situation and her presence in a room commands respect and attention. But again, she’s quite egotistical and it’s quite easy to flatter and take advantage of her. Priscilla is headstrong and her parents constant fawning has spoiled her.She will say one thing and then another that is totally different.
She is possessive by nature for everything she likes, especially Sifal. She believes that what she feels for her husband-to-be is love. He’s like a bright shiny toy for her and she hates Lyric from the first day she saw her.

Likes: Sifal, compliment, being pampered, chocolate, butterflies
Dislikes: Any girl who stays near Sifal, chili sauce, tea

Quotes:

“Why don’t you just leave already?”

“Sifal? He’s mine, sorry. Wait, I take that back. I’m not very sorry at all.”

THE PHANTOM THIEF

What is he up to?

KAGUYAHIME

[*][/b] CG Gallery for each characters
[*][/b] Lyric's clothes are changeable
[*][/b] 11 endings so far
[*][/b] Characters are voiced
[*][/b] Each character has their own music theme
[*][/b] German version
[*][/b] [/color]>>> Official blog <<<

~Concept Arts~

Rin - Our Artist and Screenplay writer
GameForge - Our Writer and Programmer
Maltagliati - Our Screenplay writer
Kindred87 - Our Producer and Musician

Special thanks to: Miyoshi ~ For the help on CG Gallery

I hope you enjoy what i've made so far. I'll keep updating the thread, hope you'd stop by somehow :3
Also I would be very grateful to have your feedback/comment/advice.

Thank a lot~
Last edited by Rin on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 am, edited 13 times in total.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Re: 月の姫 | Kaguya-hime [GxB] [Fairy Tale]

#2 Post by ririruetoo »

The game looks stunning! Although you spelled unknown as 'unknow' in Lyric's profile.
ImageImageImage

Rin
Regular

#3 Post by Rin »

Oops, thank for reminding! xDD
I might need to ask the writer to check my poor spelling more often T^T

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#4 Post by ShadowBerry »

The Characters are Voiced? God heard my Prayer - amen! xD

The Story is kind of odd - or you can say I never heard of something like that - preatty tragic~
I am curious what will happen as you continue the Plot ö_ö

Nice, I am looking forward to this ^__^
Own project:

Rin
Regular

#5 Post by Rin »

Uwaaahhh sorry for the late response *A*

@applegirl: *nom apple* Thank you! So far the project is still doing well, asides from the fact that we don't have BG artist and might end up with me being the worse BG artist ever : < T^T Also this is a very tough time for us since we are still in school/college and all the exams are like strangling us T^T I hope we can going through this soon >_>

@ShadowBerry: Aaahhh~ That's the beginning, but things would be changed throughout the story (or perhaps not, if you are up to bad ends : p)
I'm currently working for the quotes and voicing, will update the sample voices as well as other stuffs asap :3 :3 <33

@Cidz: T-thanks very much <333 I'm always happy when my rookie drawing skill luckily enjoyed someone ^3^

Alice PH
Regular

#6 Post by Alice PH »

The art looked great *.*~ I <3 Lyric :3 She is so damn PRETTY~~!!! And mii also like SIFAL FARAJ :D Kinda like me XD Just the way i imagine how an Aries looked like :P Are you sure u r still a rookie at drawin? Cuz these looks pretty amazing n pro to me XP
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#7 Post by Mickychi »

Hot guys yay! I like Leon and Zifal the best! Keep up the good work!
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Rin
Regular

#8 Post by Rin »

@Alice PH: Thank you for the kind compliment <3 Yea I'm merely a rookie haha xD And I still have a lot of things to learn : p But still it inspired me a lot! Thank you ^3^
And yea I read some horoscope/Zodiac sign thingy before made my decision for my guys. I hesitated between Aries, Sagittarius and Leo at first for Sifal. I was about to pick Sagittarius because the statement "It is very characteristic of Sagittarius to fall in love, or fall in something of the kind, and then feel that may be it’s just a temporary thing, a phase" ; also love breaking-record kind of man lol >_> (Sorry sagittarians x_X, but yea not all sagittarian is : p-), but then I went for Aries since Sagittarians have frankness and practicality, while Sifal is totally the polar-opposite. One more thing is Ariens' 'love and romance' match Sifal perfectly ^3^

The only one who I'm worry about is Heath's (Pisces - Taurus). Though, Taureans often slow and keeps their life in a slow pace without hurrying so I picked Pisces.

@Mickychi: Thanks :3 Good luck in your projects too xD

I'll update the Rivals' information soon ^3^
Besides, I'm in need for some suggestion on the guys ending here. Please give me some support for a better product. Thank you,

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#9 Post by Mickychi »

Rin wrote:
@Mickychi: Thanks :3 Good luck in your projects too xD
Thanks!
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#10 Post by silenteve »

It looks fantastic! I'm spazzing out! Leon and Sifal look amazing!!!

Alice PH
Regular

#11 Post by Alice PH »

Rin wrote:@Alice PH: Thank you for the kind compliment <3 Yea I'm merely a rookie haha xD And I still have a lot of things to learn : p But still it inspired me a lot! Thank you ^3^
And yea I read some horoscope/Zodiac sign thingy before made my decision for my guys. I hesitated between Aries, Sagittarius and Leo at first for Sifal. I was about to pick Sagittarius because the statement "It is very characteristic of Sagittarius to fall in love, or fall in something of the kind, and then feel that may be it’s just a temporary thing, a phase" ; also love breaking-record kind of man lol >_> (Sorry sagittarians x_X, but yea not all sagittarian is : p-), but then I went for Aries since Sagittarians have frankness and practicality, while Sifal is totally the polar-opposite. One more thing is Ariens' 'love and romance' match Sifal perfectly ^3^

The only one who I'm worry about is Heath's (Pisces - Taurus). Though, Taureans often slow and keeps their life in a slow pace without hurrying so I picked Pisces.

I'll update the Rivals' information soon ^3^
Besides, I'm in need for some suggestion on the guys ending here. Please give me some support for a better product. Thank you,
Welcome~ >D I love horoscope~ Btw, Lyric..she doesnt have a horoscope? XD Speaking of horoscope, it remind me of Starry sky where horoscope determines the chara, love n hate >3 n i <3 Aries Pisces Leo n Saggi cuz my family are those n so are my best friend, coincidence :P
R-rivals?? As in..love rival's? 0o0! Awesome! It will make the game more exciting >P srry if i'm wrong xD cuz it's like..when u type rival first thing came was love rivals :oops:
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Princess Akina
Regular

#12 Post by Princess Akina »

Ohmygod is there going to be love rivals?
I can't wait any longer, finish the game now! Now this will be interesting 8)

And a little offtopicness:
@Alice PH: Hell yeah, Starry Sky pretty much has each and every one of my favourite themes (Japanese, horoscopes, zodiac, stuff about the moon and stars, high school, seasons and not to mention lots and lots of cute guys). And Sagittarius is my favourite xD

And the charactes are voiced? Along with the amazing art and beautiful GUI, this game looks close to professional and pretty amazing for a free game ^^
Don't make it commercial otherwise I can't play it ;;
Anyways, I wish you the best of luck for the project ^^
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Rin
Regular

Re: 月の姫 | Kaguya-hime [GxB] [Fairy Tale] - Updated 29th Jan

#13 Post by Rin »

@silenteve: Thank you ^3^ While drawing Sifal it took me 1/2 of the time on his accessories x_X
According the the blog poll Leon seems to rule the place. I was expecting Heath but, oh well xDDD

@Alice PH: Ah, actually I plan to leave it be and let the player explores the story as her instead ^^ I tend to skip her details hoping the player shapes/imagines her the way you want, also giving her a mystery background.
Besides in the fairy tale it doesn't mention about the time she was born from the bamboo tree waaahhh T__T

Oh O.o So I just miss Saggi for kaguya-hime xDDD The rival (priscilla)'s horoscope is Leo!! xDDD

And nuhhhh you r not wrong. There'll be rivals in the game indeed for Heath and Sifal, also Zephyr (still discussing for Zephyr's) xDD I just update their information.

@Princess Akina: There is, rivals updated!!!! xDDDDDDDDD

I'll post Priscilla's profile picture as soon as I finished ^3^

Ugh wahh ;-; I drew Emily's picture in a smaller resolution than usual, then realized her face doesn't fit the profile sheet >_> I had to resize the picture which causes line breaks T^T *Sad face*

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#14 Post by ShadowBerry »

Emily is beautiful...and the rival for Heath?
I mean...Heath and Emily?
That couple looks pretty cliche xD
But still very cute <3

I can imagine them as parents...I have no idea why xD
Own project:

Princess Akina
Regular

#15 Post by Princess Akina »

Ohmygosh, Emily looks so pretty ;;
Muahahaha time for them to break up It would be so sad to break them up.
A small price to pay But to get Heath, it would probably be worthwhile xD
Very interested to see what Priscilla looks like :D

Also, just wondering if there are going to be friendship endings for the rivals or something xD
Obviously, it would take more time and patience of course to implement them
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.