Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

#1 Post by Nellie »

Romantic comedy, slice of life with a little bit of drama and lots of fluffiness... Maybe.

Gamelicious! is made with the goal in mind to be an otome stats raising dating sim. Possibly a P3P clone

Basic Plot
Ratana is a young international nursing student from Thailand studying in the UK. Her reasons for choosing UK over any other countries - fast internet speed... And that the upcoming annual 'Elemant Kraft Online' (EKO) championship is to be held there. At least, on the surface it seems so.

Help the gamer geek of a nursing student to balance between her academic, gaming and social life while being slapped by culture shock every once in a while!

Characters
ImageImage
Ratana Sangprateep รัตนา แสงประธีป
Nationality - Thai
Age - 19
Course - BSc (Hons) in Nursing (First year)
Traits - Totally in love with EKO and proud of her skill; loves extra spicy food; lack of proper fashion sense
EKO Element - Fire

Image Image
Viktor Schmidt
Age - 22
Course - Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
Traits - Champion of EKO for 3 consecutive years; Shy; 3-rd dan in Kendo; Always with his mp3 player and earphones in his ears
EKO Element - Metal

Image Image
Seo Young Jae 서용재
Age - 19
Course - Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Traits - Rich, popular, athletic and good looking - that makes him a playboy by default; extremely sociable and friendly; musically talented, but can't sing; unskilled gamer
EKO Element - Wood

Image Image
Fergal Duran
Age - 23
Course - D. Phil in Astrophysics
Traits - Tall; Quiet; Very smart, almost at a genius level; Sarcastic and blunt when actually talking; Mysterious
EKO Element - Water

Image Image
Fergus Duran
Age - 23
Course - nil
Traits - ???
EKO Element - Earth

Features that will hopefully still be there after completion
  • 1. Nursing skills related mini games
    You are free to throw stones at me and tell me it's gonna be a waste of time and no one wants to play mini games, much less nursing skills related ones xD I will seriously consider not putting them in lol
  • 2. Characters with depth
    We hope that players can actually like the characters as a believable person rather than 'OMG! He's such a hot 2D bishie and I wanna finish his route so I can collect all the CGs even though he seems like a jerk/generic shoujo anime hero/douche bag/someone I know nothing about'
  • 3. A game in a game!
    EKO! It's the most popular strategy based online game in the world of Gamelicious! and you get to play it too! For those who absolutely refused to play it... There's a Konami code to ace it without playing it, but you gotta find it or bribe someone in the team for it =D
  • 4... Will list more down when they've been confirmed
Element Kraft Online

Features the cutest, most vicious generals you'll ever see in the world of MMO! (Well, at least in Gamelicious!)

Sneak peek
Image Image Image Image Image

Boo!

Credits Updated 6 Feb 2012
Story - Nellie; Azurextwilight
Concept and CG Arts - Nellie; Esther 'Sasuya' Nho; Daphne
Background - Miscellaneous image packs bought from dlsite; (hiring, please PM for details)
Graphics - Nellie; Hanzo Kimura; Eddie
Coding - Esther 'Sasuya' Nho; Aleema
Music - Ittou; Nellie; Vocaloids

You are free/welcomed/encouraged/begged/forced to comment and give feedback/suggestions on anything and everything! Except for my command of English...=D I will be asking questions now and then to help on improving the game.

Cookies for anyone who can guess the nationality of the guys - should be fairly obvious as they all have common surnames from their respective countries ;)

=Update 10/02/2012=
We'll have a semi-animated opening with GUMI voicing the opening song! Also possibly full track of custom composed BGMs, and 3 special theme for the ending with each of the guy - with vocal!

We'll also be giving away free bookmarks at London Anime Convention this week! If you are in London and attending the LAC, do drop by Animepang (upstairs) and grab yourself some cute bookmarks! =D

=Update 11/02/2012=
Coloured title screen! Hope you like it! Will start posting questions soon to do a survey of how the final version of the game will be :)

=Update 12/02/2012=
Intro song first draft, without the vocals and before mastering. Some instruments will be modified and added, but the general melody and feel is there. Please comment! Thanks! =D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30019928/Gameli ... %200.5.mp3

=Update 19/02/2012=
Please like our facebook page for immediate updates.... Also just to support us xD Thanks!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gamelicio ... 4858424207

=Update 31/07/2012=
Looking/Hiring level designer to help with EKO battle system! Need to determine stats/cost of each mobs (around 30 in total), as well as EXP and leveling up balancing Please note me if interested!

Also looking for potential beta testers - interested to have on board 1. otome fans and/or 2. RTS fans (not too hardcore ones please xD)
Last edited by Nellie on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 am, edited 11 times in total.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Re: Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com, Slice of Life]

#2 Post by silenteve »

This looks really interesting!
I like that the girl is thai :) The only thing I know how to say in Thai is sabaidee and I'm not even sure if that's right :p
Looking forward to furthur progress :)
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#3 Post by ShadowBerry »

OoO
sounds insanely cool *_*
I am curious about that game and already fell in love with Fergal xD

Hope you keep it up ^_~

Viktor is German
and Seo korean.

as for Fergal i am not sure...
I would say french? xD
Last edited by ShadowBerry on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own project:

Ginger
Regular

#4 Post by Ginger »

Wow. I love the premise, and the characters are adorable! A game inside a game, eh? I wonder how you'll pull that off.... Well! I wish you the best of luck!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

You stated that your game might be similar to Persona 3 Portable. If you include statistics, minigames, and even a few aspects of an RPG, then that could make your game really ambitious. Are you prepared to work on all of this? If you think you can write it all and stay organized, go for it. If not, focus on the aspects of the game which you prefer, and the ones which will be reasonably easy to code.

You briefly alluded to "a Hanami code." Did you mean the Konami code?

Finally, thank you for including characters from a variety of nations.

Nellie
Veteran

#6 Post by Nellie »

@silenteve - Thank you :) I can't speak Thai either xD Just a phrase or two, but I have a few Thai friends to cross reference their culture with ;)

@ShadowBerry - Thanks! More info about the game will be posted when I get more graphics and the system done. Fergal is the most complicated character among the 4! I wouldn't like him if I meet him in university though! xD

You got their nationality right! Cookies for you, and you get to ask two questions about Fergal (if you want lol) =D

@Ginger - Glad you like it! The game within the game should be much easier to pull off compared to the mini games, actually! D=

@gekiganwing - There will be no RPGs, that's way beyond what I can do, unfortunately. It's just mainly the dating sim part which is heavily influenced by the Persona series. And yes, it's the Konami codes... Eiks! Thanks and sorry about that! I'll be editing it =)

I was trying to make it a more believable setting in university - as an international student, I met a lot more international students (especially in dorm and club activities) than I do local students, maybe that was just me though! =/ Hope it'll be interesting! ^_^;;

Asterisk
Regular

#7 Post by Asterisk »

This looks great! I'm loving the diversity of the characters and the fact you're using life experience (international student) as reference. The SDs look really cute. I'm looking forward to progress!

Did anyone tell you your logos look awesome??
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#8 Post by ShadowBerry »

The only thing I wouldn't like about Fergal is his 'genius level' because those people are very hard to handle~
But if I would meet him in real life, I think I would be his first fan xD

I mostly like people, nobody else likes...first because I hated to be mainstream but later I found out that the less liked persons are mostly the best xD

Mhhh questions...*thinks thinks* Astrophysics...Astro...so he is busy with Star-stuff..or did I get it wrong? ö_ö

Is Fergal the bad boy? That would be cute xD I don't really have questions because I love to be suprised *~*
Just one: Is he playing too and when yes which 'race' (if there is one) and is he's good <3
Own project:

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#9 Post by kaleidofish »

I'm just wondering how the "EKO" portion will work. If not a RPG, how do you plan on having your players play through "EKO"? I also love how you have such a diverse cast of characters. Playing from the perspective of an international student in the UK seems like it will be very interesting, especially for the insight into the international student experience (doubly so for me, since I'm an American in an American college - this game not only provides insight into the international experience but also what it's like to be a student in the UK).

I'm confused about the "courses" for the characters. Maybe, the UK does this differently, but how is Seo Young Jae getting a Masters degree at 19, without a bachelors degree first? Good luck on finishing up your game.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#10 Post by Raindrops »

Owow! I really like the idea of the game! And a Rom-Com? I'm definitely hooked for this!
Good luck on it and if you need any help with proof-reading or anything don't hesitate to ask! :)

Nellie
Veteran

#11 Post by Nellie »

@Asterisk - Thank you!! I hope I won't disappoint you! =D Please look forward to it, I have a great writer onboard whom I think can bring my characters and ideas to life very well!

Oh, a friend did the cooler logos for me... I take no credits! :) I can only work on cutesy ones D=

@ShadowBerry - I don't really like the 'mainstream' and popular groups of people particularly... Heck well, I don't really like anyone according to their social grouping lol! I'm probably quite an outcast myself T_T

Yep, Astrophysics is a branch of astronomy (not astrology =P) dealing mainly with the physics behind - not something I'd personally be able to deal with since my physics is pretty... meh >_<

I've not decided on a 'race' (or Element, in EKO) he'd be playing. We're still deciding who to play which Element... But his skill is decent. He's around as good as Ratana, who's in the top tier (but of course not as good as Viktor) =D

@kaleidofish - It's a bit hard to explain the gameplay (with my limited command of English), so I'll let the demo do its job ^_^;; I hope you'll the like the story though! For both the dating sim and the EKO! =D

As for Young Jae, MBA is slightly less strict than most other Masters degree as far as I know. The traditional way to enter it would be getting an undergraduate degree in business first - but that too would be relatively quick. You are able to start on a business undergraduate degree without A Levels (any pre-university qualifications) in certain countries, and it lasts 2-3 years. Finishing high school at around 17, it is quite possible to be doing MBA at 19 - especially since Young Jae is from an extremely rich family - he could afford accelerated home education. In addition, working experiences help in getting a place in MBA. Again, I probably should have emphasized on this in the character profile, but Young Jae came from one of the wealthiest families in his country xD

Hope that clears thing up a bit =D

@Raindrops - Thank you! I hope we won't disappoint you! I might just take up on your offer! Probably need a few proof readers! =D

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#12 Post by ShadowBerry »

Same here~ I won't get along with people of 'social groups' not Emos, girlys, nerds or anything like that. So when it comes to animes/games I mostly fall for the mysterious sidekick instead of the obvious mainstream Mainhero xD

Ouhaaa~ I love the stars <3 You gave him the right major, I'm proud of you xD I wouldn't be able to handle that either..I mean physics = formula = math = X_x

Yay, don't give him something mainstream like fire, thats boring xD
Go for metal or electricity *~*
Own project:

Nellie
Veteran

#13 Post by Nellie »

@Shadowberry - if you love the stars, you'll probably love Fergal's 'kuudere' route and his fluffy scenes! =D

I'll using the 5 basic elements - so the only choices are Fire, Earth, Water, Metal and Wood >_< All normal ones xD

Not much updates again today, so I'll end off giving a freebie to my dear 'followers' lol (shameless claim xD)

Here, a papercraft of Viktor =D
Attachments
viktor.png

misamane
Regular

#14 Post by misamane »

This looks really interesting! I love the whole game within a game thing too :3
Good luck with all of this, and if you do need a proofreader or anything I can also help!
Careful what you do, ‘cause God is watching your every move. Hold my hand in the dark street, for if you do I know that I’ll be safe. Even if I’m far away and alone, I can be sure that you’ll find me there, this I know. You draw me close for a while, so quiet. You tell me everything. If I forget what you say, then you’d come to me, and tell me again. Yes you’d tell me once again. But what happens when I know it all, then what should I do after that? What then?

Part of the huge LSF project: LemmaTV: Television that watches you!

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#15 Post by ShadowBerry »

Okay give Fergal Metal!!! Wuhuu x3

Oh yeah I am curious about his route since I saw him *~*
Own project: