Needs a ((full)) Team for my Project!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

Needs a ((full)) Team for my Project!

#1 Post by ShadowBerry »

Note in the beginning: I can't pay anybody...not that I dont want to, more that I really don't have the money for that!

So I posted my idea earlier and I want to make a game out of that.
Noe the only Problem is, that I am a Writer, I don't have any other abilities I could contribute to the game :/
That's why I need a team.

>> My Project = Yakuza Blossom

I need:
An artist (for sprites, BGs and CGs)
an Programmer (I have basic knowledge >.<)
an Composer for Music
If there is more Ill ask X.x

Please help with this~

In love, Berry
Own project:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: Needs a ((full)) Team for my Project!

#2 Post by Sapphi »

Some friendly advice - it's really not best to involve other people before your contribution is finished (or at least finalized).
the Yakuza Blossom thread wrote: It will be an GxB VN...I don't know yet how long - still working on the main plot.
Doubtless if you're still working on the main plot of your story, you may not even know all the art assets you're going to need. As a sort of artist-writer hybrid, I learned very quickly not to put big effort into any art resources until I finalized the script. The reason is that if you decide you want to cut a path out of the game or rework a character, you might end up with art you can't use. That's not fun for the artist who was working free of charge for you. On the other end, if you say "Ah, but then I'll just make sure to structure my story around the art and not change it!" then you may end up with a sub-par story. The more time you spend with a story, the better ideas you will have, but think of how awful it would be if you couldn't rework your story because you'd already gotten an artist to make assets that would be rendered obsolete if you did!

Also remember you can worry about programming help and music composition when it gets closer to release. For now you should concentrate on writing the thing! :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#3 Post by ShadowBerry »

Thanks for the advice and I surely stick to it.
I am on it and if i am done I return
Own project:

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

#4 Post by Kindred87 »

Well, what if you have 40k words to write? It wouldn't be very efficient to not get help before you wrote/drafted all of that, checked it, edited it, drafted it again, checked it, edited it once more, and finalized it o.o

However, I do think you should be a good ways into the project before you recruit more xD But finished? Me say "not really" depending on the circumstances (For a short project, yes, finish your shiz first xD).

But to reply to the OP...
The plot is quite interesting, so I'll say this once more: feel free to ask me for a song or two in the future (When I get spots opened up) ^^
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#5 Post by ShadowBerry »

You're right too Kin.
I think I was way to fast and addicted to this project that I didnt think about the beginning.
What can I say, I am ... a little short-tempered (in a good way? xD)

But I've worked on it the last days and I am on a good way, so hopefully I get a full team anytime soon.

(Finishing every path for the first MC, then the second)
Own project:

Ziassan
Veteran

#6 Post by Ziassan »

Hmm I could take the composer spot, however art (after story) is important for inspiration so it's actually a little too dim.
But arrh I like GxB and your idea of choosing the character is quite unusual and interesting (Airi seems a really enjoyable character, and with ponytail furthermore~).

Have you already an idea of musical ambiance or all is left to the composer ?

(Ps : since I'm French understand my not-perfect english)

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#7 Post by ShadowBerry »

Ziassan wrote:Hmm I could take the composer spot, however art (after story) is important for inspiration so it's actually a little too dim.
But arrh I like GxB and your idea of choosing the character is quite unusual and interesting (Airi seems a really enjoyable character, and with ponytail furthermore~).

Have you already an idea of musical ambiance or all is left to the composer ?

(Ps : since I'm French understand my not-perfect english)
Thank you for the reply Zia.

Well basically the composer can decide what kind of music, because he knows best which music fits in which emotional situation ;) But I think now and then I would like to request a song or how it should sound.

Haha thank you, I love Airi even though Hiromi is a pretty cute Character as well.

And I have an Spriter and an CG artist already it just needs some time now till the first images come so don't worry :))

And by the way, your english is understandable, I come from Germany for example so my english has some gaps too xD
Own project:

Ziassan
Veteran

#8 Post by Ziassan »

Okay so you are the leave-it-work type hmm

Anyway... just a little thing that I like to explain ahah, don't take it too seriously :
A composer is always delighted to have freie Hand, but especially for a VN already written, the more the writer will give indications of the atmosphere the less the gap between musician and author interpretation of a scenewill be different.
A soundtrack can be good but not correspond to the mood in the mind of the writer so don't hesitate to give inspirations or ideas that will make the soundtrack the closest to your mind.

Whateveeer, it was just an hint, here are some melodies I just created to show you how it works (it's just piano here 'cause it's not a real work, just quick ideas put on the keyboard then uploaded) :

A little sad and gloomy but not slow : http://soundcloud.com/ziassan/m-lodie-d ... ie/s-AIWEC
Cheerful and quiet with a little hope : http://soundcloud.com/ziassan/m-lodie-d ... sp/s-WHSjY
A devil and playing song : http://soundcloud.com/ziassan/m-lodie-d ... ot/s-CjUlc

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#9 Post by ShadowBerry »

I understand what you mean and I feel the same.
I would always like to let the composer decide about his own work because it's clear that he know's best about the feeling coming from a song but yeah to be honest I am usual very picky with melodies so I won't go easy on work created for my game.

But I don't want to be unreasonable so of course I tell you how the atmosphere should be etc.
I wont let you stay in the rain like "Just do it, we see if I like it or not."

I like your music style, even though the 'evil' song was meh, more evil-ish funny or something xD
Own project:

Ziassan
Veteran

#10 Post by Ziassan »

I like your music style, even though the 'evil' song was meh, more evil-ish funny or something xD
Ehh yeah in fact the french title I put (on Soundcloud) means "The devil child" and it was the idea ahah.

So, ok, I can be your musician - if you want, I don't know, some real works before accept, it's okay, but let me know anyway.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#11 Post by ShadowBerry »

would love to have you as my composer but what exactly do you mean with 'some real works'?
As in FL Studio 10 works for example?

Well I take you anyway but I would still love to hear what you can really do ;)
Own project:

Ziassan
Veteran

#12 Post by Ziassan »

I mean, these short melodies aren't what I call "real works".

It will not be the same style but some songs I worked before a little more are packed in this set : http://soundcloud.com/ziassan/sets/vitrine
And a real work in progress, a waltz, maybe it could be good - or not - in the VN : http://soundcloud.com/ziassan/witched-w ... n-progress

Hmm and ahah I speak like that in public but I don't see the others so I think you have your way to work, feel free to indicate me if you use PM, Skype, anything.

zorexx

#13 Post by zorexx »

Hey, are you still looking for a programmer?

Kyonko802
Regular
Projects: Yukionna

#14 Post by Kyonko802 »

I can proof read and edit for you. I could also program, but I might have to learn some new tricks considering the selection of a character, depending on how you wanna handle it anyways.
Currently trying to regain my sanity.

Yukionna Project Thread

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#15 Post by ShadowBerry »

zorexx wrote:Hey, are you still looking for a programmer?

YES!!
YES YES YES!

Are you good and would you like to help me?! >_<

@Kyon
Proofreading is nice and I would love to have help. Considering that English isnt my main language I might make some critical mistakes.
Own project: