Eternal Memories (BxG) (121,316) (slice of life)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) Progress: 30,673 words (poll also

#16 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Ah, I'd like to announce another member of the art team!

Reikun: is doing art for Aikou and Naomi!

I'll probably be able to announce who's doing Sakura and Eiko some time soonish.
With that, all the characters pretty much have artists! ^_^
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) Progress: 30,673 words (poll also

#17 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Alright! All the character artist positions are now full!

Lumen_Astrum is going to be the artist for Minami Sakura and Takahashi Eiko!

I'm so happy to see my favorite character get an artist and incredibly excited by what Lumen_Astrum has shown me so far~

For some of the characters, sprite work has just started. The next update in this thread should be some of the characters' sprites.
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (Preparing for Valentine's day...

#18 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Alright! I'm announcing a special short Kinetic Novel in the works to be released for Valentine's Day. Details are here http://redeyesblackpanda.blogspot.com/2 ... -this.html

There might also be other stuff... *crosses fingers*
Tsundere VN

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Eternal Memories (BxG) (Valentine's Day KN to be release

#19 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

The KN is a go! It will be released this Valentine's Day.

An update:
I was not the only one who worked on this. My stick figures were too ugly to work (I guess I'm just that bad...) so I was able to find someone else. That someone else? The wonderful CheeryMoya, whose artwork was very fitting. SvenTheViking is helping with programming and proofreading too.

Pretty much everything is done at this point. There's more info here: http://redeyesblackpanda.blogspot.com/2 ... tines.html

Edit: fixed a really ugly grammatical mistake.
Last edited by redeyesblackpanda on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tsundere VN

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

The Valentine's Day game is almost done. Here's a preview :wink:
Attachments
Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day Screenshot 1.png
Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day Screenshot 2.png
Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day Screenshot 3.png
Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day Screenshot 4.png
Tsundere VN

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#21 Post by Wright1000 »

redeyesblackpanda wrote: The release should be some time this Valentine's Day.
You mean tomorrow?
By the way, who is the artist of this project?
I'm no expert, but I think the artwork needs some improvement.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Wright1000 wrote:You mean tomorrow?
Well, I live in California, so it's actually the day after tomorrow for me.

Ah, and I appologize for Yoshida Aikou... She's not just stupid. She draws a bit like a young girl, even though she's in high school. Even so, she's trying her best~ :wink:

I asked her about this, and she said this...
Yoshida Aikou: I'm sorry, Wright1000. Senpai says that I'm pretty dumb... I-I was trying to make him proud... wahhhh

The following was written by CheeryMoya:
Wright1000 wrote:
redeyesblackpanda wrote: The release should be some time this Valentine's Day.
You mean tomorrow?
Yes, I toiled and spent my time doing the art for the Valentine's Special KN instead of studying or working on my own games for 2 days. This was sort of my way of repaying panda for some of the stuff I put him through, but we're on very good terms now.

And if you missed his earlier post,
redeyesblackpanda wrote:My stick figures were too ugly to work (I guess I'm just that bad...) so I was able to find someone else. That someone else? The wonderful CheeryMoya, who's artwork was very fitting.
Bold and italics were added to emphasize my point. Believe me, it was painful for me, both physically and mentally, to do the art for this game. panda wanted an art style that was "childish, something that a girl who isn't an artist would do." So I delivered the art. And maybe I regret it. But saying that the art "needs some improvement" defeats the whole purpose of the aesthetic that panda wanted.
Tsundere VN

SvenTheViking
Regular
Projects: Chronicles of the Timetraveler's Wars
Organization: ProgMan Productions; Polymorphic Games

#23 Post by SvenTheViking »

Wright, I'm going to tell you this once and only once. I will not tolerate you attacking my friends, trolling or otherwise. Pull your head out of your ass, learn to be polite, and stop your God damn crusade of self-righteous bullshit, or there will be problems. PyTom as warned you NUMEROUS times. It's time to shape up or ship out.
"Be not afraid of greatness: some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
William Shakespeare, "Twelfth Night"

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#24 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Given the nature of the thing, the art seems very fitting.

Besides which, the artist in this case might not be as good as a Mugen or a Kingv. We all started somewhere, and we all deserve respect.

We can't all be good at everything, after all. I know of at least one person around here that fails to even read...
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Asterisk
Regular

#25 Post by Asterisk »

I think the art looks ADORABLE like it's from a children's book of sorts.
It's lovely and keep up the great work.
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#26 Post by Samu-kun »

I don't think Wright's post violated any of the forum's rules, but I think Sven's post was uncalled for.

The statement "I think the art needs some improvement" doesn't really justify a shouting match. It's just a neutral statement of an opinion. Just like my opinion that you should change the text font because it's hard to read and dial back the Japanese for the same reason that it's hard to follow. (four foreign words in a 13 word sentence is approaching too confusing to follow) If you open something to the public, you have to learn to face people's comments, whether they're positive or negative.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Samu-kun wrote:Just like my opinion that you should change the text font because it's hard to read and dial back the Japanese for the same reason that it's hard to follow. (four foreign words in a 13 word sentence is approaching too confusing to follow) If you open something to the public, you have to learn to face people's comments, whether they're positive or negative.
Yeah, I had trouble reading the font too, but it's a pretty good match (considering what it's supposed to represent). ^^;
I think I might release two versions. One with that font and one with something that's easier to read...

As for the Japanese, I'm in trouble if that's the case, as Eternal Memories has far more of that going on.
Tsundere VN

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#28 Post by Wright1000 »

SvenTheViking wrote:Wright, I'm going to tell you this once and only once. I will not tolerate you attacking my friends, trolling or otherwise. Pull your head out of your ass, learn to be polite, and stop your God damn crusade of self-righteous bullshit, or there will be problems. PyTom as warned you NUMEROUS times. It's time to shape up or ship out.
I just said that the artwork wasn't very good. It wasn't any kind of attack or anything. I wasn't supposed to know that the artist made it that way intentionally.
By the way, using such vulgar words isn't what I call good manners. I hope you don't do the same in the future.
Also, I think you need to learn to be polite, not me.
I'm sorry, Wright1000. Senpai says that I'm pretty dumb... I-I was trying to make him proud...
There is no need to be sorry.
I am the one who should apologize for not reading every post.
I'm a reporter and that keeps me busy most of the time. And it doesn't give me much time to look at every single post.
DarkSpartan wrote:I know of at least one person around here that fails to even read...
And, for that reason, if people say that I can't read, I would call that bad manners.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#29 Post by PyTom »

I'm wearing my Admin Hat right now.
Samu-kun wrote:The statement "I think the art needs some improvement" doesn't really justify a shouting match. It's just a neutral statement of an opinion. Just like my opinion that you should change the text font because it's hard to read and dial back the Japanese for the same reason that it's hard to follow. (four foreign words in a 13 word sentence is approaching too confusing to follow) If you open something to the public, you have to learn to face people's comments, whether they're positive or negative.
There's a big difference between your comments and Wright's, though. You provide reasoning behind your comments, and actionable suggestions. That makes what you wrote useful - redeyesblackpanda can take your advice and use it to improve the game. He or she doesn't have to take your advice - but he can, and that's what's important.

Why Wright comes off as rude is that he doesn't really offer any useful advice. "I think the artwork needs some improvement." doesn't really help anyone - saying how it could be improved, or what the problems he sees with it is. Without that additional information, his comments are fairly useless, and thus ruder than the same comment phrased in a more useful manner.

Sven, it's probably better to point this out in a more diplomatic manner.

If we want to continue in this vein, let's do it in Creator's Corner - I don't want this thread to go further off-track.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#30 Post by Gear »

I have to admit, that artwork is really cute, and a definite jump from what we normally see around here.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.