Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Junker-Kun
Regular
Completed: Manga Club
Organization: Mr's Hedgehogs team

Re: Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com, Slice of Life] - New logo :

#31 Post by Junker-Kun »

Nellie wrote: I got some photos of the bookmarks! And also a sneak peek of the draft of our intro song! (main post) Do comment! =D
Waaaaaaaaa!!! Why do I live in Russia?! Gotta move to London right away! Lol, just joking. But it's really annoying that I can't get good stuff here and anything that actually comes here costs a s**t load of money =(
"Don’t be sad. Even if the world won’t forgive you, I’ll forgive you.
Don’t be sad. Even if you won’t forgive the world, I’ll forgive you.
So please tell me. How do I make you forgive me?"

Frederica Bernkastel

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

Re: Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com] - OP Song draft

#32 Post by ShadowBerry »

I want such a bookmark!!! Q_Q
hehe Fergal will have a good time with me <3

And I like the opening peek xD
catchy and cute, are you going to let somebody sing it or will you keep it like this?
Own project:

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#33 Post by Nellie »

@Ginger - Thanks! Your support means a lot to me! :)

@Seven - I can't take credits for it! Some one else brushed up the colouring to give it the effects that it has now. If it were up to me, it wouldn't even be half as good :( But I'm glad I have talented help in this! We're planning for a gameplay demo release by the end of the month, do keep an eye for it! :)

Also, FINALLY someone who also likes Viktor :)

@Junker-kun - I can really understand how you feel T_T I might run mini-contests to give out bookmarks/keychains... Then everyone can have a chance to get them! :)

@ShadowBerry Megpoid GUMI will sing it. The OP will be cute, happy-go-lucky and energetic... While our themes and ending song will be more... powerful and emotional, full orchestra composition! Might consider getting a voiced ending song, but I can't afford to hire a singer! D=

Sneak peak of the BGM for menu screen and the in-game map!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30019928/Menu%20and%20Map.wav

Because it's not custom composed specifically for this game, I'm hiding it here instead of proudly presenting it in the main post xD

Things are going a bit slow now, some members were sick, some had other engagements... And I'm (supposedly) working full time, but hopefully we'll be moving at a faster pace this week! =D

PockieHoshi
Regular

#34 Post by PockieHoshi »

All of my favourite things in one game :D!
I love the fact that you can also play the RPG :).
Good luck on this project,I'll be really looking forward to it :D!

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#35 Post by ShadowBerry »

Mhhh~
Why don't you try your luck on youtube? Maybe some amateur singer will do it without payment ^_^

I like the menu music xD
*so lovely*
*_*
Own project:

Nellie
Veteran

#36 Post by Nellie »

@PockieHoshi - Thank you so much for your support! :)

P/S: It's a strategy game, not RPG >_< But hope you'll still like it :)

@ShadowBerry - Urm... I'm pretty concerned about the quality of the singing >_< Will my luck though, I bet there are some good ones waiting to be discovered ;)

==Updates==
Ratana's avatar will be customizable! Here's a sneak peek =D

Work, shop... and buy more clothes/accessories for her! Over 100 customization! ;)

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#37 Post by ShadowBerry »

goooosh O_O
I LOVE the red dress, looks so msgical girl like
*loves magical girl stuffs*
<3

exactly, like I said just try your luck ^_^
I know a good band on youtube who make covers, no idea though if its without payment
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#38 Post by silenteve »

Ratana looks awesome! I love her outfits! Can't wait for the release!
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

selenity136
Regular

#39 Post by selenity136 »

<3 you get this heart because I am totally loving your progress :). At least art-wise. Is it possible to change the color of the clothing? And will you be hitting all the main styles?

Nellie
Veteran

Re: Gamelicious! [GxB] [Rom-Com]

#40 Post by Nellie »

@ShadowBerry - That's my sister's fav dress too!

I've found a singer who's really talented - charging $25 per song. Now that's something to consider :)

@silenteve - Thanks! Me too... I can't wait either xD Now just have to finish off the EKO arts and also the finalised script :)

@selenity136 - Thanks! <3 Yea, you can change the colour too... Will see if I can code a way for players to play with the hue/saturation etc but I doubt that, so you'll probably only get pre-made colour sets! I'll try to hit as many styles as possible, but here's the thing - I'm totally clueless as to what's 'in'! I'll be glad to take in fashion advisor! *hint* *hint* xD

Beta version of the OP with vocaloid is ready! Please visit our facebook page for a listen! :) (Also works as shameless promotion to get more likes LOL)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gamelicio ... 4858424207

selenity136
Regular

#41 Post by selenity136 »

Wish I could help out, but I'm not that big (or familiar with) UK fashion (or even Euro fashion) =/. I only have a general idea of what those might be. Not to mention I'm from So. California...so the clothing here tend to be a little bit thin sometimes--which really goes for the whole layer and kinda beachy look. I could offer my wardrobe if you want to see how things could look if you want to have spring/summer with a couple of fall styles. I also have some business clothing as well--but I think you could look that up on any store's website and see the models there ^^".

You know the one wardrobe item that I've yet to see in a game...it's shoes. Granted you probably won't see the MC's feet, but just thought to throw it out there since most games where you can customize the MC don't really have shoes. (But that's up to you if you want them or not since I figure it'll probably be alot of work).

What about the length of the game? How long do you think one path will be? And for the gaming part of the game, will the MC have her own avatar that she uses? <<I've been too engross with the prettiness of your art that I almost overlook this important aspect of the game ^^" >>

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#42 Post by ShadowBerry »

I hope you get a good singer
even though I think that 25$ is a lot of money xD

WTF!
Fergal had NO point? Q_Q
*chooses Fergal at the Facebook Poll*
Own project:

Nellie
Veteran

#43 Post by Nellie »

@selenity136 - I didn't realise UK/Euro fashion differs from the rest of the world o.O Well, I'll be including dresses from all 4 seasons, so summer fashion is most definitely welcomed :) As for shoes, only reason I'm not doing it is because the avatar looks nicer with 2/3 body... Honest (Not because I'm too lazy to design shoes and pants and whatnot... I think. Probably. I hope

I'm hoping the game will be around 4-5 hours per character path, but after the first playthrough, if you're playing again to get another guy, it should be shorter - as they share similar introduction parts, and you can fast forward through the 'stats grinding' part ;) So probably 10 hours in total, if you turn off the voice acting (as it will take longer time for the voice acting to finish compared to the speed of most readers here xD) If you do not want to 'grind' in EKO, it might even less, probably 8-9 hours-ish. But that's just an estimate >_< Don't quote me... Yet xD

Ratana will has her own in-game avatar, but that has been fixed. She can change the name, but not its designs, unfortunately.

I'm glad you like the art! :)

@ShadowBerry - I found a GREAT singer!! =D

Thanks for voting for Fergal. I've got more in-game CGs for Fergal now, including one animated one! :) Can't post them here... Unless you welcome spoilers xD

=UPDATE=
Gamelicious! An Otaku's <3 Story is taking a break, since my tablet is dead (again), and I'll be working on a prequel as part as NaNoRenO challenge. It will include Ratana's backstory (in an alternative Thai, too lazy to do full research on the exact details of the 2011 flood xD), and (possibly) quick peek of the guys a few years before the main story. It'll be VN only, no mini games or special features - other than all original arts and music. The overall feel to the game will be quite different as well (no romance, more drama xD)

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#44 Post by ShadowBerry »

hah no spoilers! Even if I really want it somehow xD
Congratulations^^ for the singer xD

And also good luck with nanoreno <3
Own project:

selenity136
Regular